When do you meet the parents?

Spin off thread

To me I think a year.

As a female, you cant be bring a guy every other month so you have to be careful.

6 months on average at least

??

On the wedding day (not srs). I would say a year, no need to rush things. I want the relationship to marinate a while before I bring any females over to meet the fambs, have to screen out the trash. IMHO, its a privilege to meet ones parents not a damb right (assuming they are cool and not crazy), don't want to waste their time with someone I wasn't srs with. FYI - I usually skip and avoid chicks with the crazy parents, too much baggage to deal with and I don't feel like fixing their own family issues :smh:.

Last edited:
2 years.....need time to let people show their true colors, before u introduce them to that aspect of ur life......

I've met the parents of every girl I've ever dated almost right away... not always on purpose... but it's always worked out great and parents always seem to love me

It honestly depends. There are so many factors that can make or break you getting in with the parents.

Time is a factor, but if a parent hates you or doesn't approve of their son's or daughter's choices in mates, it won't matter how long you wait.

Tradition is important but times have changed. It's nothing for someone to get to know you without ever meeting you. If anything, erring on the side of meeting sooner rather than later may be in your best interest. Relationships don't last that long nowadays and meeting the folks is more an icing on the cake than anything. Without being compatible, it's all for naught in the big scheme of things.

doesn't matter that much. you can meet them in 1 month, just be cordially and neighborly.

do you ask yourself how long before you can meet your girl's best friend? :rolleyes

it's been 2 years and i haven't met them :smh:

it's sad.. her people moved out of state but I'll definitely arrange something when they're back in town

after you made her look at you in your sleep and say " I love this man...he completes me"

A good year, that gives the other partner enough time show how happy they are with you.

Plus, relationships need milestones.

Meeting the fam should be one reserved for the "ONE". Not the one you just met.

Last edited:
After you've discussed it with who you're dating and are sure that he/she will be around for a while.

I discussed it with my lady when we first started dating and we both felt the same. No meeting each others parents until we were comfortable with it an each other.

Why 3 months?
wasn't expecting a follow up question
indifferent.gif

idk it seems right, by three months more or less one can tell whether they'll become more serious with their partner or not. too soon is too much and too late is too long, if that makes sense. only one could tell by how the relationship is going, each relationship is different 

Back
Top Bottom