When he retires, what arena will his number be hanging in Vol. Jason Kidd

Kidd will definitely get his jersey retired as a Net (even though it did end on a sour note) and probably as a Maverick. His Maverick years weren't as great as his Net and Sun years though.

Mavs & Nets...

Not only did a turn the Nets around & do a lot for that franchise, but he had some of the best stats of his career during that era. As for the Mavs, he started & ended his career there (If he hangs it up within the next couple years) & won a ring there.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Heat
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Next to Dan Marinos and MJ's. 
roll.gif

He shouldn't have his number retired as a mav, being the 5th best plaer on a championship isn't even comparable to what he did during his suns/nets years

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

He shouldn't have his number retired as a mav, being the 5th best plaer on a championship isn't even comparable to what he did during his suns/nets years

I'm lightweight getting angry that so many people keep saying Mavs.

The Mavs only have two numbers retired currently.

If Jason Kidd's gets retired before Derek Harper's or Jason Terry's I'll be irate.

Honestly, the Suns should retire his number before the Mavs do.  Nets is a given.

He was selected to 3 straight All-NBA 1st Teams as a member of the Suns.
-----

*waits for CP to take shots at PHX*
laugh.gif

Next to Dan Marinos and MJ's. 
roll.gif

Hold uppppppppppppp!  Dan's Dolphins jersey is in the rafters at America Airlines?!?!?!
eek.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Dude was never ever close to having his prime year on the Mavs, #%%+ outta here.  Jason Kidd is a Net.
Gotta agree there.

Though, a lot of respect around Dallas in general has been gained since he came here. Dirk credits him for driving him to continually work hard even though he's been getting older, because Dirk was having fun again playing.

But Jason Kidd will be defined and remembered as a Net. Absolutely beautiful career regardless, and he will probably end up getting his jersey hung in both cities, but he's a Net.

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

^ Even though he took a bottom of the barrel franchise and not only made them relevant but took them to back to back finals appearances and they fell from grace the moment he left?

I'd have to agree,

But once the franchise moves to Brooklyn they'll forget.

Just look at OKC.
that's more due to the old sonics not wanting to have anything to do with clay bennent.  if okc offered to retire kemp or gary paytons number they both said they would decline it.

Originally Posted by kdawg

It should only be the Mavs - you don't get your jersey retired everywhere just because you were successful later in your career - it's for accomplishments with that team.

Although there is precedent for having your number retired with another team too - Chuck and Wilt both have that.

that sounds so flawed. he was absolutely ballin for the nets. those playoff runs though? gotta go dallas and new jersey.

6 years in NJ, 3 years in DAL. he just happened to win a ring this year. if he didn't win a ring this year and retired, i think more people would identify him with NJ for his career

Originally Posted by do work son

It should only be the Mavs - you don't get your jersey retired everywhere just because you were successful later in your career - it's for accomplishments with that team.

Although there is precedent for having your number retired with another team too - Chuck and Wilt both have that.

that sounds so flawed. he was absolutely ballin for the nets. those playoff runs though? gotta go dallas and new jersey.

6 years in NJ, 3 years in DAL. he just happened to win a ring this year. if he didn't win a ring this year and retired, i think more people would identify him with NJ for his career
I agree, he should first and foremost be retired as a Net. That's where he spent his prime.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by CJ616

Mavs.  Drafted there, and won a ring there. 

THIS and you can honestly say the Nets too, cause he had career years there and that was his prime.

I hope the Nets retire it also.  Like others have stated, he did work there.

J Kidd has played more than 3 years in Dallas.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

J Kidd has played more than 3 years in Dallas.

you're right. his first 2 or 3 plus the last 3 consecutive. but i guess that proves my point with me completely forgetting his first stint in dallas...or maybe im just dumb
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom