When You Talk To God, Is The Response From Him or Is It From You Talking To Yourself

And the condemnation of worshiping other gods is part and parcel of their background, ignorance, personal reflection and understanding
. I would say that the one true god, hopefully would take that into account, that some people may be ignorantly worshiping a false god. 

Very few traditional religions of the world demand allegiance to on singular true god. I think only christianity, judaism, amd islam make that a requirement (I may be missing other but you get my point). Eastern religions allow for a variety of gods, even allowing for humans to be gods (something futureMD made reference to in another thread).

With regards to three monotheistic religions I mentioned, they are all essentially trying to worship the same God. Namely, the God who was worshiped by Abraham.

doesn't islam condemn the idea of worshiping jesus christ as if he were god though? jesus is a profit in their religion and they believe that christians are misguided because they believe that jesus is the son of god and part of the holy trinity.

doesn't islam condemn the idea of worshiping jesus christ as if he were god though? jesus is a profit in their religion and they believe that christians are misguided because they believe that jesus is the son of god and part of the holy trinity.
Great point! 

And yes, it is true that Islam condemns worshiping Jesus Christ. They nonetheless believe that he was a prophet. They do believe in worshiping the same God that was worshiped by Abraham.

That leaves a problem, as you've rightfully surmised, because a good number (plenty) of christians believe that Jesus was God. A good number of christians don't. Both parties, however, believe in worshiping the God that Abraham worshiped. So for the most part the discussion is narrowed. The divinity of christ is a whole other theological discussion.

But even in those cases, I think that a benevolent god would be able to sift through our human nonsense and see the sincerity in all people.

Great point! 

And yes, it is true that Islam condemns worshiping Jesus Christ. They nonetheless believe that he was a prophet. They do believe in worshiping the same God that was worshiped by Abraham.

That leaves a problem, as you've rightfully surmised, because a good number (plenty) of christians believe that Jesus was God. A good number of christians don't. Both parties, however, believe in worshiping the God that Abraham worshiped. So for the most part the discussion is narrowed. The divinity of christ is a whole other theological discussion.

But even in those cases, I think that a benevolent god would be able to sift through our human nonsense and see the sincerity in all people.
But that doesn't again have any bearing on whether or not this actually happens. You can't pinch off into "well the god I think does XYZ..." and then be content with that merely because it gives you the answer you want. 

But that doesn't again have any bearing on whether or not this actually happens. You can't pinch off into "well the god I think does XYZ..." and then be content with that merely because it gives you the answer you want. 
don't worry about it.

don't worry about it.
Exactly.

I believe what I want, and make up the rules I want, so I can never be wrong because its what I want to be true. 

This doesn't make sense. 

Last edited:

i thought a core belief of christianity is that jesus is god. can you elaborate on that?

Good to know this is still NTs favorite pastime. Went to work and this blew up to 10 pages.

i believe He is God manifest in human form.
To be the Son of God is to be of the same nature as God

Why did God need to "fake kill" is sonself to save man? Couldn't he just snap his/her/its fingers, dude sounds like an attention-$%@#$.

[h2]Definition of STEREOTYPE[/h2]

[FLOAT=LEFT]1[/FLOAT]

: to make a stereotype from

[FLOAT=LEFT]2[/FLOAT]

a : to repeat without variation : make hackneyed

b : to develop a mental stereotype about

— ste·reo·typ·er noun

[h2] [/h2]

I feel that stereotyping can be distracting, and forces the person being stereotyped to listen or acknowledge the other persons position. It also impedes the person stereotyping from perhaps persuading the person they are debating with. Wouldn't you agree?

Define the word "God" next.....you're fun. :D

Define the word "God" next.....you're fun.
happy.gif
I see that you got my point.

What are you? Some OG copt? 
no.

IN all seriousness though, that girl story isn't true? i ask this for the sake of not propagating a rumor?
Did you not get the message the first time?

I seriously don't know what that story is about, or where it started. Since you're asking about my personal life, you're not going to do any better than what I'm telling you. 

Last edited:
Did you not get the message the first time?

I seriously don't know what that story is about, or where it started. Since you're asking about my personal life, you're not going to do any better than what I'm telling you. 
I was just asking for the sake of clearing it up, I assumed that there was a previous religion discussion that it was mentioned in. I meant no offense by it.

Three whole pages arguing about semantics instead of the topic at hand. :x

Anyway, is anyone else willing to share some personal viewpoints on the topic at hand. Why do/did you pray before? Did a god/gods answer you? Do you still pray now? and what do you expect out of doing so?

I think it's more enlightening hearing about others experiences (believer or not.)

Back
Top Bottom