Where does Patrick Ewing rank among the centers of the 90s?

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by SSgochin

I'd say 5th, but i'm amazed to see that no one has Karl Malone anywhere in their list. He was a beast.
Malone was a PF.....

I been questioning this for a while. Shaq and Dream fight it out over the top two spots. But the D-Rob/Ewing argument has some varying opinions to it as well. I think the only thing we can all agree on is that Alonzo and Mutombo come 5th and 6th. Top 4 is a different story.
I used to always looked at D-Rob and Ewing being neck and neck....but Robinsons resume is way more impressive than Ewings...Won pretty much everyaward in the L during the 90's(DPOY,MVP, Scoring title) and while he didnt lead the Spurs to the 99 title he was certainly a big factor. Not knockingEwing, but looking a little closer, Robinson is clearly # 3 with Ewing a solid #4 on the list

Robinson had some crappy teams. Doesn't change the fact that he was a monster.

I'm still deciding on Dream or Shaq for the #1 spot in the 90s, but DRob is clearly #3 over Pat IMO.

Originally Posted by Black Entourage inc

Originally Posted by SSgochin

I'd say 5th, but i'm amazed to see that no one has Karl Malone anywhere in their list. He was a beast.
Malone was a PF.....

I been questioning this for a while. Shaq and Dream fight it out over the top two spots. But the D-Rob/Ewing argument has some varying opinions to it as well. I think the only thing we can all agree on is that Alonzo and Mutombo come 5th and 6th. Top 4 is a different story.
I used to always looked at D-Rob and Ewing being neck and neck....but Robinsons resume is way more impressive than Ewings...Won pretty much every award in the L during the 90's(DPOY,MVP, Scoring title) and while he didnt lead the Spurs to the 99 title he was certainly a big factor. Not knocking Ewing, but looking a little closer, Robinson is clearly # 3 with Ewing a solid #4 on the list
Yeah I can see what your saying. The thing is even with all of his individual accomplishments people are still split on whether he or Robinsontake that 3rd spot. With the argument being this close now, it makes me think had Pat won a MVP award/ring people would be ranking him as the clear cut 3rd.

Hakeem was The Best Center in the 90's and is my all-time Best Center.
Yes Ewing is top 5 in Centers of the 90's..

Akeem
Shaq
David Robinson
Patrick Ewing
Alonzo Mourning
Dikembe Mutombo

I feel like a lot of you are very young an ddidn't watch basketball in the 90's...It's nto like those Knicks squads were chock full of talent andthey managed to push Jordan and the Rockets to the limit. Robinson was lucky to be able to piggyback to two chanpionchips because if not he wouldn't beremembered as being better than Ewing...Ewing>Robinson.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I feel like a lot of you are very young an ddidn't watch basketball in the 90's...It's nto like those Knicks squads were chock full of talent and they managed to push Jordan and the Rockets to the limit. Robinson was lucky to be able to piggyback to two chanpionchips because if not he wouldn't be remembered as being better than Ewing...Ewing>Robinson.

Ehh...i think still without the rings Robinson is still slightly over Ewing. As i said earlier, you look at Ewings resume compared to Robinsons and it'spretty clear IMO. Not saying that's all that should be taken into account, but with 2 centers so evenly matched up, those are the type of things that putsomeone over the top. However, Pat led the Knick's to a tough finals loss in 7, and ran into Jordan every other year, so i can see why you'd put himover Robinson, who only got as far as the WCF(save for 99). But for me Robinson was slightly better.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Enlightened Thought wrote:

shaq

hakeem

robinson

ewing

mourning

mutombo
Every List should look like this
Yep, although I'd say Hakeem might be ahead of Shaq IN THE 90'S.

Fixed.

And Robinson is definitely ahead of Shaq in the 90s.

Ewing>Robinson...He was 3rd

Had Robinson played for the Knicks and Ewing played for the Spurs, Robinson-Ewing would never be a debate on this forum and anyone who said that Ewing wasbetter would either get a stoneface or a laughing emoticon: Fact.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

shaq

hakeem

robinson

ewing

mourning

mutombo

Fixed.

Had Robinson played for the Knicks and Ewing played for the Spurs, Robinson-Ewing would never be a debate on this forum and anyone who said that Ewing was better would either get a stoneface or a laughing emoticon: Fact.
Care to explain this one? Robinson was better than Shaq in the 90s?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

EnEyeKayEe wrote:

Black Entourage inc wrote:

shaq

hakeem

robinson

ewing

mourning

mutombo

Fixed.

Had Robinson played for the Knicks and Ewing played for the Spurs, Robinson-Ewing would never be a debate on this forum and anyone who said that Ewing was
better would either get a stoneface or a laughing emoticon: Fact.
Care to explain this one? Robinson was better than Shaq in the 90s?

Well, that is mainly because Robinson played extra three (two and a half if you want to get technical) seasons in the 90s before Shaq came into the league:

89-90: 24.3 ppg, 12.0 rpg & 3.9 bpg
90-91: 25.6 ppg, 13.0 rpg & 3.9 bpg
91-92: 23.2 ppg, 13.2 rpg, 4.5 bpg & 2.3 spg

They both won an MVP each in the 90s and a ring. Shaq has a Finals MVP and Robinson has a DPOY. D-Rob has four all-NBA 1st selections in the 90s while Shaq hastwo. He also has four all-defensive 1st team selections while Shaq has zero. But in the end, what puts him ahead is the fact that he played 3 more seasons inthe 90s.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

shaq
hakeem
robinson
ewing

mourning
mutombo

Hakeem dominated Shaq.

Hakeem
Shaq
Pat
D-Rob (he couldnt get to the finals til TD came and won it for him)
Mourning
Mutombo

It's nuts that three of those dudes played at GTown
pimp.gif
D-rob still won a mvp. also has some of the craziest stat lines

pat number 1 in my heart, but he is 4th. it's a testament of how great big men once were, not a slight

this Ewing hate is *#!#+*$ ridiculous. some people putting Zo over him. Really?? Zo ate Ewings %!%* in the 90s, i mean im pretty sure Zo would admit that hegot nothing on Pat.

Honestly i would consider Ewing almost at a tie with Hakeem after Jordfan they were the 2 most dominating forces in the 90s and had the 2 best teams, someonehad to win that 94 finals and Hakeem did, so i will rank Hakeem as 1 but i give Pat a close #2. Admiral is nice but hes got %!%* on Ewing as well. He put upnice stats in the 90s but his team was always not garbage but not elite like the Knicks were. The Knicks gave the Bulls the most trouble every year and tookthem to 7 multiple times. Sure Admirals got a ring, but Tim Duncan led that team. You put Duncan next to Ewing and hed get a ring also. Besides if Ewing waseven playing that yea and we were healthy we woulda #!%$!$ them up. Shaq imo is better than any center on the list but that is because of his 2000saccomplishments, as far as the 90s go i dont put Ewing > shaq by a long shot. As far as Zo and Mutumbo, both very good, especially on D, but are in anotherclass after the 4 that were mentioned.

Originally Posted by Nako X

shaq
hakeem
robinson
ewing

mourning
mutombo

Hakeem dominated Shaq.

Hakeem
Shaq
Pat
Mourning
Mutombo

pimp.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Nako XL

shaq
hakeem
robinson
ewing

mourning
mutombo

Hakeem dominated Shaq.

Hakeem
Shaq
Pat
Mourning
Mutombo

pimp.gif

this...cause hakeem was the center in the 90s...he destroyed everyone and shaq didnt become the dominant center until the 2000s

-dream
-shaq
-robinson
-ewing
-mourning
-mutombo
that list is solid.
despite being injured a lot of the late 90s the dream posted MVP-like numbers, not mention this guy was a one-man block party
sick.gif
+ his team got it done against a young shaq's team.

Ewing's Gorilla schlong is #1 overall. Son had to tape his weiner onto his thigh just so he could play competitive basketball...
eek.gif
grin.gif
I mean, really, dude's club would make a basketball look like a golf ball and dude would've been #1 on the golf course too.
smokin.gif

In terms of basketball prowress, it's:

Dream
Shaq
Ewing -- DRob TIED for 3rd
Mutumbo
Zo

Back
Top Bottom