Where to get shoes shrink wrapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id prolli only do this if I see one of my pair already crumbling or what not and I wntd dat particular pair to be displayed.. evn then, id prolli still think twice... there's got to be a way to preserve ur shoes forever. Lol

I personally hate people that ziploc and shrink wrap sneakers.....I've been burned before buying from people that did/do that to og jordans. Cracks and crumbles galore. If i see a pair of og's with seller saying he shrink or ziploc.... I stay away at all cost....

I personally hate people that ziploc and shrink wrap sneakers.....I've been burned before buying from people that did/do that to og jordans. Cracks and crumbles galore. If i see a pair of og's with seller saying he shrink or ziploc.... I stay away at all cost....

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Originally Posted by apthekid

Originally Posted by Mjmvp23

I put alot of my shoes in ziploc bags and they are fine. I also have a dark cool basement so that probably helps. Just stay away from silica packs.

Hold up...Silica packs are no good?!?  I thought they helped prevent the yellowing...??  Although thinking about it right now, silica packs absorb oxygen...which essentially is the same as shrink wrapping sneakers...you suffocate them and then they crumble....

Hmmmmmm....Gotta go home and remove all silica packs (i think i have like 4 in each of my XI's and like 2 or 3 in my infrareds)...

Thanks for the heads up homie!

The silica packs are fine, just don't put them directly in the boxes.
Just put a whole bunch in a bag, and leave it in the closet with your shoes.
Been working for me.

And to OP:
Just wear your shoes, and every once in awhile just Sea Glow them.
That will bring them back to VNDS yellowing for a good amount of time.

Preciate the info fam!

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Originally Posted by apthekid

Originally Posted by Mjmvp23

I put alot of my shoes in ziploc bags and they are fine. I also have a dark cool basement so that probably helps. Just stay away from silica packs.

Hold up...Silica packs are no good?!?  I thought they helped prevent the yellowing...??  Although thinking about it right now, silica packs absorb oxygen...which essentially is the same as shrink wrapping sneakers...you suffocate them and then they crumble....

Hmmmmmm....Gotta go home and remove all silica packs (i think i have like 4 in each of my XI's and like 2 or 3 in my infrareds)...

Thanks for the heads up homie!

The silica packs are fine, just don't put them directly in the boxes.
Just put a whole bunch in a bag, and leave it in the closet with your shoes.
Been working for me.

And to OP:
Just wear your shoes, and every once in awhile just Sea Glow them.
That will bring them back to VNDS yellowing for a good amount of time.

Preciate the info fam!

For one thing, I don't get why you would shrink wrap those Black 8's up there?

I thought it was logical to do it on icy soles only? Otherwise, it makes no damn sense.

For one thing, I don't get why you would shrink wrap those Black 8's up there?

I thought it was logical to do it on icy soles only? Otherwise, it makes no damn sense.

Glad I read this topic...I've been putting my kicks on ziplock bags. Im not planning to keep them in there, I usually try to keep my shoes DS until a year or so after the release then I'll unDS them. I hate it when I'm walking around with the same shoes as everyone else that's the reason why I keep them new till a year or so. Should I take them out the bags? Or is it cool to just open the bag halfway?

Glad I read this topic...I've been putting my kicks on ziplock bags. Im not planning to keep them in there, I usually try to keep my shoes DS until a year or so after the release then I'll unDS them. I hate it when I'm walking around with the same shoes as everyone else that's the reason why I keep them new till a year or so. Should I take them out the bags? Or is it cool to just open the bag halfway?

Originally Posted by topnotchflip

You should be fine if you open the bags, shoes need to breath. I use ziplocks to keep dust off my kicks but I keep them open.And wearing them always helps.

You should be fine if you open the bags, shoes need to breath. I use ziplocks to keep dust off my kicks but I keep them open.And wearing them always helps.

continuous variation in the relative humidity over time is what does the damage
as well as extreme conditions over time

think of the midsole as a sponge

it is smart to protect in humid conditions (dehumidify) as it is
smart to avoid very dry conditions (like 3 months
of winter in a dry house with additional drying agents)

moderate conditions are always the best
i don't believe shrink wrapping provides moderate conditions over time

continuous variation in the relative humidity over time is what does the damage
as well as extreme conditions over time

think of the midsole as a sponge

it is smart to protect in humid conditions (dehumidify) as it is
smart to avoid very dry conditions (like 3 months
of winter in a dry house with additional drying agents)

moderate conditions are always the best
i don't believe shrink wrapping provides moderate conditions over time

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

thank you sir!

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

thank you sir!

I keep mine in these tubs. I go the info from yungdrseuss on youtube.

I think his instructions is once in a wihle just air it out and leave the top open for a day. His kicks are pretty icey and minimal yellowing on there.

I keep mine in these tubs. I go the info from yungdrseuss on youtube.

I think his instructions is once in a wihle just air it out and leave the top open for a day. His kicks are pretty icey and minimal yellowing on there.

just sit on your shoes until they hatch, then when they try to eat your face apply copious amounts of fire.

oh wait, ... hang on, i think i'm getting confused with aliens...

sorry

just sit on your shoes until they hatch, then when they try to eat your face apply copious amounts of fire.

oh wait, ... hang on, i think i'm getting confused with aliens...

sorry

Man seems like every year the way to store your kicks changes. The right way become the wrong way etc.

Now people are saying not to keep them in the original boxes or with the original paper. Plastic Bins etc, wouldn't it be better to use colored plastic bins instead of clear?

Another thing, there's dudes who keep their shoes in the original boxes and paper for 15+ years and when they pull them out the shoes look like they just came out of the factory.

Man seems like every year the way to store your kicks changes. The right way become the wrong way etc.

Now people are saying not to keep them in the original boxes or with the original paper. Plastic Bins etc, wouldn't it be better to use colored plastic bins instead of clear?

Another thing, there's dudes who keep their shoes in the original boxes and paper for 15+ years and when they pull them out the shoes look like they just came out of the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom