Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

in brooklyn (Midwood High School by Brooklyn College) and I saw the smoke in the sky in manhattan
smh.gif

On my way to class and when I entered my homeroom I noticed everyone watching the news and was like WHOA did that just happen?!

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

On the way to school(late) when the towers were hit, I remember having the TV on getting ready and seen the news that something happened

Got to school and walked into my history class, and the TV was on everyone was watching in awe. My history teacher told us that we would remember everything we did that day forever like they remember Pearl Harbor. He was right

btw, i wonder if they are gonna show 102 minutes that changed America on the history channel again this 9/11
They showed it in the UK last night.
frown.gif

Freshman at University of Texas at Arlington

Woke up turned the TV on as usual and saw the towers burning. I think the first two planes had hit when I first turned the TV on. I only had one class andthe campus was shut down by noon.
tired.gif

RIP to those lost that day.

i was in school in john jay junior high... 7th grade.. i actually seen the building on fire cause i was on the last floor and u could see the buildings... %!+!was crazy...

First full day of 9th grade in St. Johns Prep........Mad people were going home... I had to wait the whole day out b/c my dad was stuck in Manhattan......After school I went to my house with my best friend and we watched it on TV like all the crap that happened and we couldn't believe it..... My dad had towind up walking over the Queens borough bridge to come home... I remember how you can still see smoke for like a week after....

Like 3 days before that we went to the piers all the way down of Vernon Blvd. to fish...It was late after noon and we had a perfect view of the Towers. It wasthe last time I saw them.

in school..

While i was in class, i heard the plane pass our school, at first we were like %@# was that, until the principal told the teachers to turn on the tv...we saweverything
frown.gif
tired.gif

Had my 3rd day of classes in HS. I lived in Brooklyn and I was a frosh going to school on West 16th in the city. I was on the top floor of the school having areligion class when I actually heard the plane fly overhead. Next thing we knew the bell rang to change classes like 15 mins later and the Dean said to stay inclass until further notice. We were shocked. The rest fo the school day went on as normal besides the rumors spreading and what not. But the school wasn'tletting anyone leave unless their parents came to pick them up. My mom picked me up around 1:45, which was early, and we walked across the Williamsburg bridgehome. I found out the next day that one of the friends I made those first 2 days of school lost his father in that attack.

In middle school about a mile away from the Towers. I got out the subway late for school that day and saw the hole in the first building, and was freaked outconfused. I went to school, and told the teacher. Second one soon hit. My friend's pop picked me and him up and we went downtown to his crib where myparents met me.

I live about 6 blocks from where the towers used to be and I couldn't get into my house for a whole week. I remember when I was walking downtown to myfriends house and just seeing people covered in debris and dust. Still the craziest and scariest day of my life.

I was in school. I was in my homeroom class I found out the 1st tower got hit. They let us out early that day.

Freshman at Niagara University... I had just walked into my work study job when the 1st tower got hit. They had me running around campus putting up signs onall of the class room building saying clasess were cancelled. I walked back into the office to see the 2nd plane hit
tired.gif

I'll never forget that $@*@
smh.gif

I was 19, just starting my first semester at Uni. i also happened to work there, so I was at work at the time it happened. We were the only office with a TVand could barely get reception, but everyone was in our office (fin aid) it was unbelievable. We're located on the bluffs in St. Paul, and walking outsideit was absolutely eerie - it was like time had stopped. Everyone was indoors, air traffic had been halted at the local airport so there were no planes.

I was in fifth grade and my teacher explained what happened. I don't think any of us knew what the WTC was or the magnitude of what had just occurred.

I was a senior in high school sitting in class and a couple of classmates came in and told everyone what had just happened. We turned on the tv and watched forthe rest of the day.

Junior year of HS...

Other kids were taking ISTEP (some test to graduate). I passed it Sophomore year, like you're supposed to, so I walked in school mad late to join athletestudy hall. The wrestling coach said something smart on my way in but being an athlete on a winning program, he wasn't going to do %%%!.
laugh.gif

Had a Lunchable...wouldn't share it. The girl's basketball coach walks in and whispers to my track coach. He turns on the TV. We see this ridiculoushole in one of the towers. All I could think..."That pilot is horrible. Welp...turn to ESPN."
smh.gif
laugh.gif

My boy Eddie was next to me freaking out. He was like, "This is not an accident. This will be in all of our textbooks. This is serious." I look athim like...Samurai please.
eyes.gif
They're about to move to sports. Right? Uhhh...we see another plane just blast into the building moments later.MOMENTS later...explosion at the Pentagon.
eek.gif

Okay...this IS crazy. One of my teammates had to call his Mom to check up on his Uncle who worked in the Pentagon. I knew the code to dial out and called mygirlfriend's Mom. I couldn't get a hold of my Mom or anybody else. The school went on lockdown...for whatever reason. Went to the next class and thislady decides to actually teach class and turn the TV off.
indifferent.gif

Anyways, practice was canceled. The sky was clear as day. Crazy stuff.

This other girl that I knew took me home after school and the gas stations were JAM PACKED.
eek.gif
Went home and watched rescue efforts with my Dad all nighttalking about the end of the world...

Station in Camp Hansen Okinawa Japan ...we didnt have too go to work because of a Typhoon, so i was taking a nap while my roommates were watching GoodMorning America ....when the planes hit the towers my roommates woke me up and told me what happen ...i thought i was dreaming ....but when it finally hit me...i got a call from my Staff Sergeant too get my fellow Marines ready ....all of us packed our gear and waited all night for the word ...

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Junior year of HS...

Other kids were taking ISTEP (some test to graduate). I passed it Sophomore year, like you're supposed to,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
REAL TALK!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

I was in science class. The whole school kinda stood at a standstill (we're about 10 mins away from the city in Bergen County). People just startedcongregating by the radio/tv etc.

7th grade, Reading class, they announced it over the loud speaker. Mad kids went home cuz their parents came and got them. We watched the news in Art class.

A day I definitely wont ever forget.

it was my freshman year of HS, sittin in a bodega across the street from my HS when the news of the first plane hit. Everyone thought it was a accident......Icontinue to school and while in class the 2nd plane hits, I'm in jersey near the river so you could see smoke and the buildings......it was scary for myfamily, 2 of my cousins had meetings that day in the WTC and my cousins wife worked on wall street.....one cousins was in the buildin as the plane hit ( he gotout fine) and the other one was opening the door......he said he grabbed the handed, saw a huge shadow and felt the earth/building shake.....we didn't hearfrom them for bout a day or 2.....

I was in Midtown as it was my first day of work as an attorney. I had graduated law school in June, taken the bar and was ready to go. That week after ithappened was the craziest time of my life.

I know this will sound screwed up, but I've never been more proud to be living in NYC and never enjoyed living in NYC more than at that time. Everyone wasyour family.

4th Grade, my teacher got a call about the towers and she lied to our class telling us everything was okay, and everyone was evacuated. (I know she didn'twant us to worry, but come on
smh.gif
tired.gif
)

I was shook, cause Coincidentally my brother, Mom, and Dad were all in Manhattan that day, thank God they all came home okay and everything.

Back
Top Bottom