Which artists are on your "Automatic Cop" List?

I was having this discussion a while back and we were going on about automatic cops....and who is on our perspective lists. As of late, I can say that Commonis still on the list, Jill Scott, Bilal, Robin Thicke, Chaka Khan, Stevie Wonder, Maxwell, Beyonce, Janelle Monae, Solange, *Kanye, *Nas, and maaaaaybe acouple of others. When an artist from this list comes out with something, I I do all that is in my power to avoid their major/leading single. This includeswalking out of the room, screaming "aaahhh!!!!" and quickly changing the channel, and other things. This are artists' whose albums you willBUY....not download.

Examples:

Late Registration---prior to release date, I'd heard 'Goldigger' about twice....and it was on accident because I was at work and had no controlover the remote.
Be---prior to release date, I had only heard bits and pieces of 'The Corner' and 'Go' I heard once.
Finding Forever--didn't even know what the singles were until after I bought it.
The Graduation---I successfully avoided 'Stronger' until release date.....but I did make sure I liked 'Love Lockdown' because Graduation kindalet me down
ohwell.gif

Once Again--successfully avoided all singles, although for 'Evolver' I checked because I wasn't all too pleased with 'Once Again'
BLACKsummer'snight---I successfully avoided 'Pretty Wings' until release date; (when he came on the BET awards I walked out the room).
The N Word---avoided all singles until release date; didn't even know which cuts were singles and which weren't
I am....Sasha Fierce---Heard single ladies' like twice, and that was because my students' requested it one day. Didn't even know what "If Iwere a boy" sounded like until I bought the CD
Something Else---didn't even know what the singles were

I could go on....

The person who I was talking to, thought this was uhm strange/interesting, and wondered how I manage to do it. It's actually not hard because I don'tlisten to radio, nor do I watch videos. If I know someone is coming out with an album, I just make a point to wait...and fully enjoy the album. Case inpoint, right now...there are some songs wit' Nas and Damien floating around the 'net but I am steering clear
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nas. I've never bought any bootleg or downloaded any of his albums. He's been my favorite rapper since 96, so I'll continue to support him.

Hey_

Al Green
B.B King
Bob Dylan
Buddy Guy
Dan Auerbach
Emancipator
Jack White
Jimi Hendrix
K'Naan
Lupe Fiasco
Mos Def
Murder By Death
Muse
Nick Cave
Nujabes

Julius F. Wrek

I'm in the minority of people who still buy +!%%...so u have to be really wack for me not to buy your +!%%

- Nas
- Jay-Z
- Kanye West
- Lupe Fiasco
- Ne-Yo
- Usher
- J. Holiday
- John Legend
- Musiq Soulchild
- Chris Brown

Cam'ron
N.E.R.D
Bloc Party
2Pac (now that his music wont have people he never met)
Dead Prez

I dont OD like OP and avoid listening tho

I don't buy as much music as I should so to make up for it I always make sure I buy the fallowing artist releases

Lupe Fiasco
Kanye West
The Jacka
Nas
Raphael Saadiq
D'Angelo
One Be Lo
The Team
eyes.gif

Little Brother
Ghsotface
Maxwell
Sharon Jones
Outkast
The Roots

Pretty much the only "automatic" purchases

Hov - only album I never "bought" was KC. My boy gave it to me after his first listen.
T.I.
Robin Thicke
R. Kelly - up to Chocolate Factory

1. Nas

2. Cormega

3. Brother Ali

4. Ghostface

5. D'Angelo (if he ever comes out with another album)

I Drink Your Milkshake wrote:

Late Registration---prior to release date, I'd heard 'Goldigger' about twice....and it was on accident because I was at work and had no control over the remote.
Be---prior to release date, I had only heard bits and pieces of 'The Corner' and 'Go' I heard once.
Finding Forever--didn't even know what the singles were until after I bought it.
The Graduation---I successfully avoided 'Stronger' until release date.....but I did make sure I liked 'Love Lockdown' because Graduation kinda let me down
ohwell.gif

Once Again--successfully avoided all singles, although for 'Evolver' I checked because I wasn't all too pleased with 'Once Again'
BLACKsummer'snight---I successfully avoided 'Pretty Wings' until release date; (when he came on the BET awards I walked out the room).
The N Word---avoided all singles until release date; didn't even know which cuts were singles and which weren't
I am....Sasha Fierce---Heard single ladies' like twice, and that was because my students' requested it one day. Didn't even know what "If I were a boy" sounded like until I bought the CD
Something Else---didn't even know what the singles were

I could go on....

The person who I was talking to, thought this was uhm strange/interesting, and wondered how I manage to do it. It's actually not hard because I don't listen to radio, nor do I watch videos. If I know someone is coming out with an album, I just make a point to wait...and fully enjoy the album. Case in point, right now...there are some songs wit' Nas and Damien floating around the 'net but I am steering clear
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great taste.

Back
Top Bottom