Which Current Young Center Would You Want To Build Your Franchise Around: Howard, Bynum, Oden

WOW anyone who doesn't take howard at this point is a big homer...simple as that.

Dwight Howard>>>>any center in the league RIGHT NOW. You can make a case for Yao Ming, but other than that there's no one close. So yes,you're biased.

(BTW I'm not even sure that Bynum is better than Biedrins)
be prepared for the heat
laugh.gif
. i disagree at this point, butBiedrins is pretty close to Bynum to me.

i'm a blazers fan and i wouldnt take oden over howard or bynum...

i just dont know how its even a debate...howard is a beast and he's still got room for improvement.

Originally Posted by ultrasur1

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

I'd take Oden, Howard then Bynum

How could anyone take Bynum first

smh.gif

damn stringer, i had high hopes for you. lol. would you really though? over howard?

You can't go wrong either way. I'm solely basing my potential. I just think Oden's potential is exponentially greater than Dwight's

ohwell.gif

or I could be totally wrong

laugh.gif

dude what kind of post is this? so because bynum had a good day on christmas againts the suns, that means you'd pick him over howard? If anything comparingOden and Bynum makes sense because neither has proved much of anything yet. But Howard is a certified superstar....smh at this post.

Oden's potential is greater? Doing what? He's less athletic, less durable, not as strong. Post moves can be taught, neither is a very good at catchingthe ball isolated on the block and scoring. What would lead you to believe Oden's potential is greater?

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Oden's potential is greater? Doing what? He's less athletic, less durable, not as strong. Post moves can be taught, neither is a very good at catching the ball isolated on the block and scoring. What would lead you to believe Oden's potential is greater?

What would lead you to believe Dwight is potential greater than Oden's?

Why not give Oden a chance to play a game in the NBA before passing that judgment?

The thread title isn't asking you to rank them by ability.

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

oh and right now, Beidrins > Bynum
come on...your reachin with that one...beidrins doesnt have ne post moves...all he does he get puts back or catches and finishes

Oden's potential is greater? Doing what? He's less athletic, less durable, not as strong. Post moves can be taught, neither is a very good at catching the ball isolated on the block and scoring. What would lead you to believe Oden's potential is greater?

Why not give Oden a chance to play a game in the NBA before passing that judgment?

The thread title isn't asking you to rank them by ability.

I'm not choosing Dwight on potential. I'm choosing him based on the fact he is ALREADY proven, dominant center in the NBA. Given the fact that he isstill young and has areas of his game he can work on, then I only expect him to get better. But he ALREADY is what Oden HOPES to become.

Give me Howard for the purpose of this thread, but give me Al Jefferson as my pick to build my franchise around. Why is Bynum even mention in the same sentencewith Franchise??? Since your case for Bynum was based off a game against "STAT" as if Stat is a defensive prowess, then take a look at 32/20 plus27/14, plus 39/15, plus 24/12....Bynum benefits since he doesnt play starter minutes, his conditioning isn't a factor.....Just enjoy that 28/12 and leavethe Franchise talk to people that do that on a regular basis......Look at all of Bynum's doubles-doubles for the season, at least half of them is againstnon-playoffs teams, add the fact that he has a couple of against the defensive powerhouses of Denver, G-State, and Phoenix, yup he convince me of thatfranchise status.....Or maybe, I just don't like him....But if can do this next season on a consistent basis playing a high level of minutes then we mightbe able to re-visit this thread.....

What would lead YOU to believe it's the opposite?

I can't think of one thing that he "potentially" has over Dwight but one inch of height.

Athletically, it's not even close.

Offensively, on every level they've both shown they're most effective when catching the ball and dunking, so they both have room for improvementwhen he comes to adding more weapons.

Defensively, they're both good shotblockers/changers.

So I don't see where this "potential" is you speak of that Oden supposedly has more of in comparison to Howard

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Bynum benefits by playing against back-up centers and by him not playin starter minutes, his conditioning isn't a factor.....

What are you talking about about?

He started all year long...

I think Oden is a greater impact player Defensively..

However I would agree Dwight's upside is greater right now. After Oden's injury, and Dwight's physical ability

What would lead YOU to believe it's the opposite?

Nothing because I haven't seen him play in the NBA yet. Or even a completely healthy year in college for that matter.

So to argue that you have a large enough sample to decisively saying that one is better than the other is downright ******ed.

laugh.gif

If Oden doesn't prove to be an injury nightmare, I'd go..

Oden > Howard > Bynum

But since Oden hasn't played a single NBA minute, the obvious answer should be..

Howard > Oden > Bynum

Bynum is mad overrated.. And his athleticism and ability to "beast" pales in comparison to the other two.. When I look at Howard move around, hismechanics are like that of a SF.. When I look at Oden move around, his mechanics are like that of a SG..

You and Logic must not have met yet.

Oh well, I'm assuming at this point your just trying to stir things up, and play devils advocate.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Bynum benefits by playing against back-up centers and by him not playin starter minutes, his conditioning isn't a factor.....

What are you talking about about?

He started all year long...

Yea I noticed that....Hence my edit....But he only averages 28 minutes a game, definitely not starter minutes......

Back
Top Bottom