Which Current Young Center Would You Want To Build Your Franchise Around: Howard, Bynum, Oden

I'm not going to lie: I have a major problem with all 3 of them.

Not a little problem; a major problem.

Bynum: I know it's not his fault, but this injury would scare me away from choosing him to build a franchise around. Like I said, I know it's not hisfault, but it's a major concern.

Oden: repeat what I said about Bynum. But there's something else, too: dude doesn't like basketball. Some of you that have no idea about that are goingto laugh, but it's true. He's said it quite a few times; he plays ball to pay the bills, that's it. I would question myself for making him thecenter (pun intended) of my franchise.

Howard: Like Stan Van Gundy said back in like February, Dwight Howard should NEVER have a stretch of 7 games where he only records a half-dozen blocks(COMBINED, for ALL SEVEN GAMES) and under 10 rebounds for those 7 games. That should never, EVER, not EVER happen.

Obviously, I'm a Bynum fan. He's been a great asset to the Lakers, and I love the improvements he's made since coming into the league. We (Lakerfans) questioned the pick when he was selected, and then we (collectively, not everyone individually) wanted him gone last year when we learned that the Netswanted him for Kidd. But he has made significant strides in improving his game, and now we (Laker fans) all love him.
laugh.gif
HOWEVER, this injury would make mequestion myself for choosing him as the center (pun intended) of a franchise I was building from the bottom up.

And yes, I'm an Oden fan. I liked him at OSU for some reason, and I think he'll be great with POR next year. HOWEVER, this injury combined with thefact that he doesn't really love basketball would make me question myself for choosing him as the center of a franchise I was building from the bottom up.

And I'm most DEFINITELY a Howard fan; dude is a beast, seems to be a nice guy, seems to have a good attitude. HOWEVER, the stretches where he seemsuninspired and unmotivated would make me question myself for choosing him as the center of a franchise I was building from the bottom up.

But if I absolutely HAD to pick one of the 3, it would be Dwight Howard.

Kidskillz858 wrote

Bynum this season has more than held his own against the elite big man in the crazy tough !!+ western conference.Heck christmas day game alone he went for a career high against STAT and dropped 28 & 19 on him on nationaly TV.

Al jefferson dropped 40 and 20 on stoudemire. dude plays no type of d. then he went on to get like 30 and 22 or something a different time they played. anybig man can go off on the suns. but if you dont pick howard you know nothing about basketball. dude puts up 20 and 15 everyday in the league, while one dudehasnt played a game and the other averaged 13 points and 10 boards. bynum hasnt even been a starter for more than a year and oden is just a big time collegeplayer right now since no one has seen him in a real NBA game
smh.gif
smh.gif

few years from now...georgetown recruit Greg Monroe will be in these conversations,seen him play in both all american and jordan classic games,dudes a monster

I know kidskillz better then this....

Somebody must have hacked his account because he doesn't make stupid posts like these.

Its a really stupid question. On top of that he used stats horrible D as a measuring stick.

Please lets not make any more laker related threads because I am tired of our fans being talked about but I can't defend them when they make posts likethese.

Its howard. We all know its howard. Lets please lock this.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I have never in my life seen 13 and 10 get overrated more.
What a intelligent post
eyes.gif

A lot of people on here seem to forget that Bynum has missed more than half of the season and that he wasnt even the starting center for the Lakers at the beginning of this season and his previous 2 other season.But if your going to hate on him then go ahead and keep watching highlights and reading the box scores in your local newspaper.

Bynum this season has more than held his own against the elite big man in the crazy tough !!+ western conference.Heck christmas day game alone he went for a career high against STAT and dropped 28 & 19 on him on nationaly TV.

laugh.gif
Have you SEEN Amare's defense though? Bragging about dropping acareer high on Amare is like going to Muhammad Ali's house tomorrow, punching him in the face and then bragging about it. Amare couldn't defend himselfin traffic court, let alone a basketball court, its nothing to brag about to score on him...

Originally Posted by ReignMan23

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

I'd take Dwight, then Biedrins, then maybe I'd consider Bynum.
I hope you weren't being serious about Biedrins.

I'd take Dwight over any other center right now though.

We'll see how that plays out.

Ska, if you dont wanna be forced to chose outta those 3, then what current young center would you chose to build your franchise around?

maybe this thread was meant to be more of a statement saying howard over bynum, oden. at least that's what i'm hoping cuz it's a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom