Which NIKE shoes out today have the BEST ankle support and comfort?

^^^^did you not lace them very well or something? the ankle support on the hyperdunks was so good that it stopped me from moving. i felt soooo restricted inthem.

as far for comfort i would go with airmax ankle support ??? for ankle support uhmm i would say air bakin

I rolled my ankle wearing the Hyperdunks, and was out for a month.

Now I use the ZKIV's lol. People always ask why use the ZIV after I rolled my ankle lol.

HUARACHE 2K5'S....ANKLE SUPPORT IS UNREAL....BEEN BALLIN IN EM FOR 4 YEARS AND HAVENT SPRAINED MA ANKLE ONCE....(KNOCK ON WOOD)

ZF95's has a good combination of both comfort and ankle support for me, and it's been my favorite ballin shoes lately.

Originally Posted by kb24fan

I rolled my ankle wearing the Hyperdunks, and was out for a month.

Now I use the ZKIV's lol. People always ask why use the ZIV after I rolled my ankle lol.

That's because (I believe at least) high cuts are over-rated when it comes to preventing ankle injuries.

what happened to the days when shoes had the monkey paw support to prevent ankle inversion (penny iv's, zoom gp ii, shox's bb4, limitless, stunner vc 1&2)?

Originally Posted by superrc44

what happened to the days when shoes had the monkey paw support to prevent ankle inversion (penny iv's, zoom gp ii, shox's bb4, limitless, stunner vc 1 &2)?

qft. i've had ankle sprains in tmacs, aj xiv, and nike uptempos. Only shoes i've felt locked in to are aj xxi, aj iii, and bb4's. Good news thatbb4's are releasing soon.

Originally Posted by flipknoc

ZF95's has a good combination of both comfort and ankle support for me, and it's been my favorite ballin shoes lately.

Definitely noteworthy for being pretty stable, and low to the ground. I would've said the ankle support on the ZF96 is better, and that even by 2009it's pretty good.
Either way, both shoes are dirt cheap these days.

Originally Posted by superrc44

what happened to the days when shoes had the monkey paw support to prevent ankle inversion (penny iv's, zoom gp ii, shox's bb4, limitless, stunner vc 1 &2)?

Did the OG Penny IV have a monkey paw? Some argue Nike phased it out because it wasn't as successful performance wise as they'd hope. Others say it wasjust cost-cutting.

huarache elite ii's. AND, the shoe i will never ball in again, huarache 2k4. Most comfortable shoe ever, but i just rolled my ankle for the second time inthe past year. no problem with any of the other shoes i've been wearing.

Originally Posted by jfoams

as far for comfort i would go with airmax ankle support ??? for ankle support uhmm i would say air bakin
i was thinking about buying the air bakins. but wasnt sure if they were going to be good for ballin. hows the grip on them and comfort?

2k3's have the best ankle support of any shoe i've ever balled in...
admittedly they could improve a lot when it comes to comfort, but if
it's ankle support you're looking for, the 2k3's are where it's at

2k5s and 2k4s have a nice ankle supports. also the Kobe 2s.. but for me i love wearing my jordan 20s.. dunno but never sprained my ankle wearing that..

read my reviews here on this shoe as i am still balling in these outdoors/indoors and only using them to ball and not walk. Only used them to walk one time inorder to break them in more. Now they are slowly being broken into and feels more comfy. Also i jog with them when i don't play around the outdoor doublecourts just to stay warm and keep the muscles active. This is from my experience and i have ordered about 12 more pairs of these suckers and returned my ordersof powermaxes for these. Better than the payton gloves of the 90's imho.

Back
Top Bottom