Which ones are the best?

I am about to buy some shoes to hoop in but I don't know which is the best shoe performance wise. It's between

Hyperdunks
ZKIV
M5
XX3

Suggestions???

i heard the 23s were niiiiiiceee. lightweight shoe, responsive cushioning, and they look sexy. only problem is the price!
with the HDs, i have to double sock, which i have never done for any shoe ever, because of the lack of cushioning around the collar and tongue. my right pinkytoe also gets rubbed on.
i heard the zk4s were nice, some ppl already have durability issues after playing a handful of times, lunar foam tends to bottom out, but it's nice whileit lasts.
didn't hear anything about the m5s.

HD: Maybe the best performance shoe ever made! Pros: Lightweight(13.1 oz sz9), Super comfy, excellent fit and all around support(Flywire), Hell to toetransition is amazing and the breath ability is very good. Cons: Cushioning on the forefoot(lunarlite foam) won't last more than 5-10 games! Traction couldhave been better, not bad but not the best.

ZKIV: Like an update on the HD yet a ''low cut sneaker''. Height wise, like the Tmac 6, better sad like the Ultraflights, not low cut actuallybetter said mid to low. They say that you don't have to worry about your ankles and from all the info provided about the ankle protection, it mustn'tbe something to worry about. Updates: Traction is almost excellent! Improved flexibility on the outsole and it's lighter(11.2oz) Cons: Just like the HD,the cushioning on the forefoot is made of Lunarlite foam once again. It feels thicker compared to the HD but it won't last any longer. The XDR outsole isstated to be extra durable but it doesn't seem like it.

M5: Not the one for you, though it's a light shoe(a bit over 15oz), it was made for all kind of players, from the PG to the C . This said it's not thebest choice for a quick PG like you(in comparison to the other shoes you can choose).

XX3: An excellent performer! Pros: Cushioning is amazing, super responsive, excellent fit thanks to the TPU inner chasis, great all around support and greattraction. Cons: Pinky toe chaffing due to the TPU chassis for most of us, could have been lighter though it's not heavy(15oz)

IMO: Since both the HD and the ZKIV won't last over 10 games, it's not worth spending 100$ especially if you want a shoe that would last the season.Get them if you find them in a low price or if you can afford replacing them later. Otherwise stick to the trusty Zoom air as the one used inside the XX3.

I hope I've helped a lil bit though it's up to you to say the final word.

Originally Posted by Gggggas

HD: Maybe the best performance shoe ever made! Pros: Lightweight(13.1 oz sz9), Super comfy, excellent fit and all around support(Flywire), Hell to toe transition is amazing and the breath ability is very good. Cons: Cushioning on the forefoot(lunarlite foam) won't last more than 5-10 games! Traction could have been better, not bad but not the best.

ZKIV: Like an update on the HD yet a ''low cut sneaker''. Height wise, like the Tmac 6, better sad like the Ultraflights, not low cut actually better said mid to low. They say that you don't have to worry about your ankles and from all the info provided about the ankle protection, it mustn't be something to worry about. Updates: Traction is almost excellent! Improved flexibility on the outsole and it's lighter(11.2oz) Cons: Just like the HD, the cushioning on the forefoot is made of Lunarlite foam once again. It feels thicker compared to the HD but it won't last any longer. The XDR outsole is stated to be extra durable but it doesn't seem like it.

M5: Not the one for you, though it's a light shoe(a bit over 15oz), it was made for all kind of players, from the PG to the C . This said it's not the best choice for a quick PG like you(in comparison to the other shoes you can choose).

XX3: An excellent performer! Pros: Cushioning is amazing, super responsive, excellent fit thanks to the TPU inner chasis, great all around support and great traction. Cons: Pinky toe chaffing due to the TPU chassis for most of us, could have been lighter though it's not heavy(15oz)

IMO: Since both the HD and the ZKIV won't last over 10 games, it's not worth spending 100$ especially if you want a shoe that would last the season. Get them if you find them in a low price or if you can afford replacing them later. Otherwise stick to the trusty Zoom air as the one used inside the XX3.

I hope I've helped a lil bit though it's up to you to say the final word.
Thanks man...and cfb also. I think I've narrowed it down to the HD or XX3...since I've found both for the same price...I'm thinkin XX3but I don't know if I wanna buy them just to hoop in. Thanks for the input though.
happy.gif

Even though I have two pairs of HD's I really don't recommend them. I have a rotation of six kicks I ball in so I don't kill my HDs too quicklybut I would not recommend it for a primary sneaker, it'll be bottomed out before you know it and you'll be out $110 and in need of another primarypair.

Can't comment on the XX3's, haven't bought a pair of Jordan's since the IX's. Zoom BB is always a can't-go-wrong sneaker, a lotcheaper than the XX3's and as good of a basketball sneaker as Nike's ever made. Not as stylish as the XX3's but just look around NT for somereviews of the Zoom BB, you'll be hard pressed to find people say something negative about them. I'm on my second pair of BB1's, ordering a third,and have some iD BB2's.

http://niketalk.com/topic/145006

get the adidas TS creator for $60 ($50 if you use the $10 coupon). Trust me. A guard would love these, the heel to toe transition is so smooth. Everyone onthis forum whose tried them says they love them and would pick up a 2nd pair. Hyperdunks are nice, until the 20th hour when the lunar crap no longer works. Andthe XX3 would be nice if the plastic things on the side didn't dig into my toes.

Yeah I would go for the Kobe IVs or the XX3s, but if you dont wanna pay that much go on ebay and look for some huarache 2k5s or nike bb1 and bb2s cause theyare some great performing bball shoes

Back
Top Bottom