Which will the US completely legalize first: Gay Marriage or Marijuana?

Yes I would rather be raised by a heterosexual couple than a gay one.  I would rather be adopted by a homosexual couple in America than stay in any orphanage or third world country. 
Now we're getting somewhere.  You would rather be raised by a heterosexual couple as opposed to a gay couple, I wonder why that is
laugh.gif
.  I'm almost willing to bet that just about anyone else that has been arguing for gay marriage on here feels the same way as you do, and most likely should be free enough to let everyone else know.  Just in case anybody does want to bet, we can use DubA169 money since he doesn't want it anymore
happy.gif

To answer your question, my first reaction would be to be raised in an orphange in a third world country, perhaps if I seriously had to face that reality my mindset might be different but as of now that is how I feel on the matter.

Obviously no one wants to be raised by two guys, because morally, its wrong.

However, if they treat you right, love you, and you love them back, why the %!#% should you care how other feel? Yes, insecurity is a human trait, but if your "parents" didnt care how others felt, raised you with love and care, why the %!#% should you care others feel about you?

Yes, i dont like gay people. i admit it. i feel awkward seeing them, but if they're happy, why should we worry so much? like someone said, its their own business in closed doors.

Deuce King wrote:

To answer your question, my first reaction would be to be raised in an orphange in a third world country, perhaps if I seriously had to face that reality my mindset might be different but as of now that is how I feel on the matter.

grin.gif
....you ig dogg

...On the naturalness of Homosexuality.

I do think there is such a thing as social homosexuality and genetic predisposal to homosexuality. The former may be caused by the latter, or it may not. It could be a choice. The latter does not imply the former, but it is apart of the genetic make up. Thus the gene may passed on by "common" or "natural" means by way of heterosexual reproduction.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Deuce King wrote:

Doesnt take a blind man or a religious fanatic to see the human morality and standards are getting worse 
100% Truth.

get outa here with this BS. people said the same crap when the bubonic plague was happening

morality is getting worse? ummm i'm sorry did we forget countless genocide including the jews, native americans, armanians, gypsies, africans? THE FREAKING SLAVE TRADE? world war 1 and 2? the spanish inquisition? when we used to burn women and called them witches? killing a black person for staring at a white woman?

dictators like stalin, mousilini, hitler? it's getting worse
roll.gif
you people live IN A DREAM LAND. MAKE BELIVE. humanity is the same or better, you think two dudes touching each other makes the world a less moral place. it's just hilarious

yall are the same religious fools who swore the world was gonna end in 1000 bc, during the middle ages, during the great war, during y2k..........

everyone forget the pl

Well damn.
Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

I dont dont give a rats what any salad eating liberal fairy says...
Salads are very healthy. You should try one some time.

I used to despise gays with a passion. Then i actually talked to a gay guy i worked with and we had an intelligent conversation about the issue. He told me how flamboyant gays put a bad image out there and gays are just regular people that do different things in their private lives. I walked away from that conversation vowing to try my best not to be prejudiced. Gays still make me uncomfortable but i sincerely try my best to keep an open mind. Idc if they get married because it doesn't effect me.

I understand people want gay rights and there is nothing wrong with that but please stop comparing the struggles African Americans/Native Americans and women to those of GAY MARRIAGE. They are completely different subjects. Gays can vote. They dont have to use seperate water fountains and have the same wages/work conditions as heterosexual people. The struggle to get married is something completely less important than the struggles women went through. It is almost disrespectful to those respective movements to compare people trying to get MARRIED to those who want EQUAL INTEGRATION into american society and in the case of African/Native Americans, the right to basic human liberties. Marriage isnt a dire struggle, being a slave or being forced to move from your land or blatant unequalness in society is.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

But my only point here is let's say there's a loving gay couple (
sick.gif
) that adopt a child, or a few, from a 3rd world country.  Or even have kids thru a donor or whatever, how does that not further our species morally?  I know people think that an adopted kid with two dads or two moms will turn out to be h omos and start thinking everyone is gay or whatever, but that isn't the case.  Studies have shown that.

Would you yourself if given the option like to be raised by a heterosexual couple or by a gay couple growing up??

This is a loaded question as I'm only familiar with one of the two options. So obviously I will go with what is more familiar to me. However, I'll bet that if you asked someone with homosexual parents they would say they would rather homosexual parents; because that is what is familiar. But that is like asking, would you rather be raised by your parents or by Indian parents. The only way to answer that question would be if you experienced both or at least have some idea what both are generally like, in terms of parenting style. What you'd need to look at is how they are as people, which is the same in the question you posed. The heterosexual couple could be axe murderers and the homosexual couple could be millionaire philanthropists or visa-versa. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Yes I would rather be raised by a heterosexual couple than a gay one.  I would rather be adopted by a homosexual couple in America than stay in any orphanage or third world country. 
Now we're getting somewhere.  You would rather be raised by a heterosexual couple as opposed to a gay couple, I wonder why that is
laugh.gif
.  I'm almost willing to bet that just about anyone else that has been arguing for gay marriage on here feels the same way as you do, and most likely should be free enough to let everyone else know. 

I think you're missing the point.  Just because I would rather be raised by a straight couple than a gay one doesn't mean I think they shouldn't have the same rights.  The reason is probably because, while I do not like idea that men have sex with men, just because it's gross to me, I do not see how that changes anything.  I still know that they are human beings and American citizens just like us and deserve the same liberties.  Dude, after you saying you'd rather be raised in the slums of China bringing home pennies to no family at all than with two parents here in the United States, I am done.  There's no debating with somebody that thinks like that.  I think others should stop feeding this dude too; I just have to say that people who still think like this in 2010 make me sick to my stomach. 

But sadly, this is America I guess, and word to Trey Parker and Matt Stone: roughly one quarter of America is ******ed.  So when we think things/people have changed, all we have to do is look closer; or at least towards the middle of the country.

I understand people want gay rights and there is nothing wrong with that but please stop comparing the struggles African Americans/Native Americans and women to those of GAY MARRIAGE. They are completely different subjects. Gays can vote. They dont have to use seperate water fountains and have the same wages/work conditions as heterosexual people. The struggle to get married is something completely less important than the struggles women went through. It is almost disrespectful to those respective movements to compare people trying to get MARRIED to those who want EQUAL INTEGRATION into american society and in the case of African/Native Americans, the right to basic human liberties. Marriage isnt a dire struggle, being a slave or being forced to move from your land or blatant unequalness in society is.

I couldn't agree more.

This is a loaded question as I'm only familiar with one of the two options. So obviously I will go with what is more familiar to me. However, I'll bet that if you asked someone with homosexual parents they would say they would rather homosexual parents; because that is what is familiar. But that is like asking, would you rather be raised by your parents or by Indian parents. The only way to answer that question would be if you experienced both or at least have some idea what both are generally like, in terms of parenting style. What you'd need to look at is how they are as people, which is the same in the question you posed. The heterosexual couple could be axe murderers and the homosexual couple could be millionaire philanthropists or visa-versa. 

Now we're getting somewhere JDocs, and I completely agree with you on this point.

I think you're missing the point.  Just because I would rather be raised by a straight couple than a gay one doesn't mean I think they shouldn't have the same rights

No I'm not missing the point.  I never implied that you didn't want gays to have the same rights based on your decision regarding which parenting home you would choose.  My point in asking you that is for YOU to examine why you feel that way from the beginning, meaning there is a reason why YOU would rather be raised by a heterosexual couple as opposed to a gay couple.  Now your not wrong in how you feel about the subject, but perhaps you need to look deep within yourself and examine why you feel that way, you might just learn something new about yourself.

Dude, after you saying you'd rather be raised in the slums of China bringing home pennies to no family at all than with two parents here in the United States, I am done.  There's no debating with somebody that thinks like that.

Again, I said initial reaction would be to be raised in a third world country, however I also said that if I actually had to face this situation in real life than I would be open to change my thoughts on the matter, so in essence I might choose the option of being raised in America with gay parents, see below.......

Originally Posted by VARSITY kid

They NEED to legalize marijuana because it will boost up the economy. Gay marriages will just make the US look worse that it already it
smh.gif

One of the all time most ignorant statements I've ever read on NT.

Some of y'all need to grow up.  I understand if you truly believe that marijuana will be legalized first due to the economy or some other sensible reason, but just saying you'd rather have marijuana legalized first is ignorant.  Basically you're saying that you'd rather be able to smoke weed legally than for a group of people to have the basic right of marriage.  smh

I Hope Marijuana

If 2 gays can get married why cant cannabis be legal ?

There both  alternative lifestyles.

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

Originally Posted by VARSITY kid

They NEED to legalize marijuana because it will boost up the economy. Gay marriages will just make the US look worse that it already it
smh.gif

One of the all time most ignorant statements I've ever read on NT.

Some of y'all need to grow up.  I understand if you truly believe that marijuana will be legalized first due to the economy or some other sensible reason, but just saying you'd rather have marijuana legalized first is ignorant.  Basically you're saying that you'd rather be able to smoke weed legally than for a group of people to have the basic right of marriage.  smh
Different strokes for different folks!  Of course if your a pot user you want it to be legalized and if your gay you want it same sex marriages legalized.  May not be right, but how you going to be interested in something that has no meaning to you?  So calling people ignorant just because they want to  legalize marijuana first is a bad move imho. I'm sure a lot of pot smokers support same sex marriage, but obviously they want to look out for themselves first and legalize pot, not saying it's right, but people will always do what's best for them.

if they legalize gay marriage they might as well legalize humans marrying animals cause its just as backwards imo

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

if they legalize gay marriage they might as well legalize humans marrying animals cause its just as backwards imo
*A challenger appears.....JDocs I chose YOU!*

Please elaborate on this. I will start with, how is two of the same species getting married the same as two different species getting married? Considering that one of said species does not have the mental capacity to properly make such a decision (engaging in marriage). How would "The Law" know that the non-human in this situation wanted to get married to this human?

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I used to despise gays with a passion. Then i actually talked to a gay guy i worked with and we had an intelligent conversation about the issue. He told me how flamboyant gays put a bad image out there and gays are just regular people that do different things in their private lives. I walked away from that conversation vowing to try my best not to be prejudiced. Gays still make me uncomfortable but i sincerely try my best to keep an open mind. Idc if they get married because it doesn't effect me.
I applaud you for being open minded.  I think that is the problem today not just in society but also in politics and religion... the masses refusing to COMPROMISE or find a middle ground!  It's either you follow blindly as a Democrat or Republican.  It's either you're an Atheist or religious. It's either you're ok with gay marriage or totally against it.

Everyone wants everyone else to just understand their views and opinions and refuse to even consider another person's differing opinion and feelings.  This entire thread is full of these types of people.

Like I said in my previous post, the Gay population is only going to INCREASE!!!  Sooner or later, your co-worker, your neighbor, your boss, maybe your child or brother in law or whomever you know and care about is gay.  Then when it personally affects you, people may begin to start compromising.  Unfortunately who knows when that time comes so now it's just a matter of educating the ignorant folks that gays are not going anywhere so we need to start dealing with the rights they are asking for.

Hearing things this dumb makes me want to punch infants in the face.  I question your intelligence, sir.

But to what I really wanted to say...I hate when people say "don't compare the struggle of blacks to the struggle of gays".  A struggle for equal rights is a struggle for equal rights.  Why can't they be compared especially when the ultimate price (human lives) has been paid?  Does one more death or a couple more years of struggle make one more significant than the other?  Should the struggle of women in this country not be compared either?

It must be hard to argue against gay marriage when people like this are on your side.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

It must be hard to argue against gay marriage when people like this are on your side.

CO-SIGNED

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

I Hope Marijuana

If 2 gays can get married why cant cannabis be legal ?

There both  alternative lifestyles.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
funny but heres something i read and thought was VERY insightful..

I used to work for Dept of Justice. I can see a happy medium. I say,yes, legalize it. There are 2 concerns I see. First the mechanics of ofthe operation leading to the creation of funds. Second, the illegaldrug trade. My answer for the first is allow permits for 2 sizes offarms, to grow and sell exclusively to Oregon coffee shops and liquorstores to anyone 21 or older in which will charge a tax in which theyare proposing at 15% carried over to the consumer. Employers shouldhave the discretion as to whether or not to hire a mj user. These wouldinclude air pilots, train & long haul drivers, large machineryoperators etc. I think we would agree on this point. This wouldpositively impact the criminal justice system after decriminalizingit's general use, which leads into the second concern, the illegal drugtrade. Break the market model. Lower the opening price at 1/4 thecurrent black market value. This would corner the marijuana market anddrive out illegals who cannot compete with those prices. There willalways be people with addictive personality disorder who are drawn todrugs. If they had a choice between harder drugs or something cheaperand legal, what do you think they might choose? I also believe thecurrent system of exclusively taxing the sick, disabled and dying togenerate revenue is shameful. I also believe funds generated should goto what the 97% of Oregonians believe the funds should go to and notthe 3% who are playing guessing games as to what we need. The largestpercentage should go to expanding the Oregon Health Plan to keep usfrom paying larger Fed. taxes. Next we should tackle rehabilitation andcombating the illegal drug trade, which should be easier at this point.This is an ORGANIC, SUSTAINABLE, GREEN product.

Back
Top Bottom