Which will the US completely legalize first: Gay Marriage or Marijuana?

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Religious freedom? First amendment? You're grasping for straws by bringing those two up. What does either have to do with, God word doesn't change?

Man made laws don't override the Law of God in my book.

"I hope you're not talking about the United States of America! Where we are FREE to take tradition and land!"

The Bible can't be proven or treated as law. For all you know, a team of monks got baked at their monastery and fabricated the whole thing. You think a court would say, "oh shoot, the Bible condemns gay marriage, well that solves that issue"??

Of course not.

But hey lets see what happens.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Marriage is exclusive to churches? Should we not allow atheists to get married?

I already said, Marriage should be for people IN the CHURCH. If you are an Atheist, then why would you want to be married under a God you don't believe in? If you're going to leave God out of it, why not just get Civil Unionized? Civil Unions should be the outside worlds' version of marriage. You can't come into someones' home and start changing their rules around for them.

Its started with people of faith, that's where is should have stayed.
Are you for real with this?

Marriage may have started with your church, but has now evolved to include law and legal implications many of you youngsters still can't even comprehend yet. Taxes, spousal rights, wills, and a whole deal of social rights many of us take for granted. Marriage doesn't belong to the church anymore, but the people... and these people should have the right to get married on the grounds that there are too many legal implications to deny them the right, not just because your bible says otherwise.

and to that dude that said civil unions are a good common ground.... there was once a time where people thought this was a good common ground too.

segregation%20drinking%20fountain.JPG

Separate, but equal right? not quite.

I also wanted to touch on the separation of church and state, but that's an even bigger discussion to save for another day.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Marijuana can be grown by anyone therefore the government won't have exclusivity on it and can't sell it and make profit..Gay marriage by process of elimination.
the government can still fine houses/people that grow... and try to make it so that you can only buy it from specialty stores or liquor stores ( 21 and over to smoke mary jane)..

I dont dont give a rats what any salad eating liberal fairy says...

Adam & Eve >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adam & Steve

You'll thank me when a large part of the male population are canoodling in public on your doorstep like its something good. Its isnt. Its just not natural. We're trying everything from DNA & genetics to Madonna videos to justify it as so but core biology doesnt support this anomaly. Its a sign of the times, the decline in moral fibre, the previously un permissable becoming permitted in the name of 'progress'. Doesnt take a blind man or a religious fanatic to see the human morality and standards are getting worse ALL THE TIME. Damnit, my parents were right after all. I dunno....must be something in the food or water responsible for so many fruity pebbles.
NT'er supporting gay marriage?!
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

(1) I completely understand where you are coming from in this response. However, don't you think that the main reason for such a great variance in the degree of physical abuse and segregation is because you can hide the fact that you're gay but not the fact that your black. I don't think it's an unfair assumption to think that if homosexual individuals had purple skin or horns or something they would be subjugated to similar injustices. I will say that they would most likely not be reduced to slaves, but the segregation and physical abuse would most likely be there. With that said, why does it matter if the one group went through worse treatment than another. The fact remains that they are all struggling for human rights. And human rights injustices should never be overlooked.

(2) As I am not a religious person there's nothing I can really say against this. Just that there are many things in all scriptures (not sure what religion you follow) that are not followed. You said yourself that you sin, as we all do under the dated rules of scriptures. Why chose this one to stand so firmly behind? Why is this subject the one that most religious people feel so strongly about? What are you holding on to?

(1) Yes I do believe that to be the case as well.  It's not the point that one group or race has to go threw the same treatment or even worse than that to the other.  Of course blacks suffered human injustices as did gay people.  My point is that when gay people or advocates of gay people try to talk about human rights, they tend to lean on the plight of what black people had to suffer threw or against and I personally feel that by trying to even equate the two as equal or similiar is a slap in the face to what black people had to suffer threw.  It's almost like a person trying to compare middle school to college.  The two just aren't the same.  I know that many gays still suffer in this day in age, from being discriminated against for job positions or not being able to openly serve in the military.  Overall, I wish gay people the best in trying to attain certain human rights.

(2)  Well I chose this topic to stand behind simply because this is apart of the topic that is currently at hand right now, if we were talking about something else and I felt that my religion or personal beliefs were against then I would speak up about that as well.  Like I said, it just so happens that we are talking about potentially legalizing gay marriage.  If you give me another topic to talk about or discuss, I would do the same.  As far as why do certain religious people tend to be so firm on this matter, I can't speak for the masses, but I believe it's because gay activity or people for that matter is looked upon as "the norm" in this day and age.  As others have stated in here, it's almost looked at as the "cool thing to do, or be apart of".  This goes against what most religious people feel or believe in.
Wow, some people in here are getting very upset
laugh.gif
I'm glad we could keep our discussion civil!

Anyway, in reference to the second point. Aren't other religions and faiths frowned by the Bible? Using your argument, wouldn't that mean that no other kinds of religious or non religious people should be allowed to get married? In our current society the term "marriage" has moved from a religious term to a legal term, which I think is wrong anyway, but that's the way it is. So if we start denying rights to marriage based on religion who's religion do we base it on to set up these rules (all religions have a "union" but they are all referred to as marriage now). I'm sure you will just say which ever religion you follow, but you can obviously see how that is unfair.

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

You'll thank me when a large part of the male population are canoodling in public on your doorstep like its something good. Its isnt. Its just not natural. We're trying everything from DNA & genetics to Madonna videos to justify it as so but core biology doesnt support this anomaly. Its a sign of the times, the decline in moral fibre, the previously un permissable becoming permitted in the name of 'progress'. Doesnt take a blind man or a religious fanatic to see the human morality and standards are getting worse ALL THE TIME. Damnit, my parents were right after all. I dunno....must be something in the food or water responsible for so many fruity pebbles.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
So why is there proof in nature that it does occur.  Ever heard of the gay penguins in the NYC Central Park Zoo?  They actually stole eggs from a female too.  There are many other mammal species where homosexuality has been noticed.  So I'd love for all you people who call it unnatural to explain that.

And for the 2nd highlight.  Of course that is it, it's the food
eyes.gif
.  Too many homophobic people out there.  If you'd realize they are no different than you, you'd maybe understand their point of view more.  Most of you have this idea that once they'll be able to do this they'll be trying to hook up with you everywhere.  Then again, with the amount of you having girl problems by not being even able to approach a girl without having your panties tied up in a twist.  Having a gay dude try to hook up with yous might be an upgrade
roll.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

The ignorance that comes from people nowadays is sickening really.  You (and people who back you up) really, honestly think that by legalizing gay marriage that a LARGE part of the male population will turn gay?  Honestly, you think that by legalizing this straight people will turn gay and start hitting on you?  You think it's just a choice that people choose to be gay and persecuted and choose to LOSE the rights they were given once they were born?  You honestly think that if this is legalized then men will start marrying animals?  It is shocking to me at how ignorant and uneducated people sound when these are the points they bring up in this debate.  But then again, I can't be too shocked, it is America and just when we think we've changed and evolved into a better people, I just look deeper and nothing's changed at all.

Originally Posted by JDocs

(1) I completely understand where you are coming from in this response. However, don't you think that the main reason for such a great variance in the degree of physical abuse and segregation is because you can hide the fact that you're gay but not the fact that your black. I don't think it's an unfair assumption to think that if homosexual individuals had purple skin or horns or something they would be subjugated to similar injustices. I will say that they would most likely not be reduced to slaves, but the segregation and physical abuse would most likely be there. With that said, why does it matter if the one group went through worse treatment than another. The fact remains that they are all struggling for human rights. And human rights injustices should never be overlooked.

(2) As I am not a religious person there's nothing I can really say against this. Just that there are many things in all scriptures (not sure what religion you follow) that are not followed. You said yourself that you sin, as we all do under the dated rules of scriptures. Why chose this one to stand so firmly behind? Why is this subject the one that most religious people feel so strongly about? What are you holding on to?

(1) Yes I do believe that to be the case as well.  It's not the point that one group or race has to go threw the same treatment or even worse than that to the other.  Of course blacks suffered human injustices as did gay people.  My point is that when gay people or advocates of gay people try to talk about human rights, they tend to lean on the plight of what black people had to suffer threw or against and I personally feel that by trying to even equate the two as equal or similiar is a slap in the face to what black people had to suffer threw.  It's almost like a person trying to compare middle school to college.  The two just aren't the same.  I know that many gays still suffer in this day in age, from being discriminated against for job positions or not being able to openly serve in the military.  Overall, I wish gay people the best in trying to attain certain human rights.

(2)  Well I chose this topic to stand behind simply because this is apart of the topic that is currently at hand right now, if we were talking about something else and I felt that my religion or personal beliefs were against then I would speak up about that as well.  Like I said, it just so happens that we are talking about potentially legalizing gay marriage.  If you give me another topic to talk about or discuss, I would do the same.  As far as why do certain religious people tend to be so firm on this matter, I can't speak for the masses, but I believe it's because gay activity or people for that matter is looked upon as "the norm" in this day and age.  As others have stated in here, it's almost looked at as the "cool thing to do, or be apart of".  This goes against what most religious people feel or believe in.
Wow, some people in here are getting very upset
laugh.gif
I'm glad we could keep our discussion civil!

Anyway, in reference to the second point. Aren't other religions and faiths frowned by the Bible? Using your argument, wouldn't that mean that no other kinds of religious or non religious people should be allowed to get married? In our current society the term "marriage" has moved from a religious term to a legal term, which I think is wrong anyway, but that's the way it is. So if we start denying rights to marriage based on religion who's religion do we base it on to set up these rules (all religions have a "union" but they are all referred to as marriage now). I'm sure you will just say which ever religion you follow, but you can obviously see how that is unfair.

The Bible may frown upon other religions cause as it is stated there is only "one God", however I personally don't frown upon other religions just to let you know.  Again, to me the term "marriage" is a religious term, no matter what religion you want to pinpoint that to other religions feel that marriage or what they deem as marriage (could be different terminology) is the union of a man and a women.  From Adam and Eve to Barack and Michelle, religion believes in a man and a women becoming one.

Doesnt take a blind man or a religious fanatic to see the human morality and standards are getting worse 
100% Truth.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Marriage is exclusive to churches? Should we not allow atheists to get married?

I already said, Marriage should be for people IN the CHURCH. If you are an Atheist, then why would you want to be married under a God you don't believe in? If you're going to leave God out of it, why not just get Civil Unionized? Civil Unions should be the outside worlds' version of marriage. You can't come into someones' home and start changing their rules around for them.

Its started with people of faith, that's where is should have stayed.
Are you for real with this?

Marriage may have started with your church, but has now evolved to include law and legal implications many of you youngsters still can't even comprehend yet. Taxes, spousal rights, wills, and a whole deal of social rights many of us take for granted. Marriage doesn't belong to the church anymore, but the people... and these people should have the right to get married on the grounds that there are too many legal implications to deny them the right, not just because your bible says otherwise.

and to that dude that said civil unions are a good common ground.... there was once a time where people thought this was a good common ground too.

segregation%20drinking%20fountain.JPG

Separate, but equal right? not quite.

I also wanted to touch on the separation of church and state, but that's an even bigger discussion to save for another day.
I'm waiting on a reply.

Octobers finest...

Let me break it down like this. You're are inferring that I'm saying that by allowing gay marriage than men at large will turn gay. Dont do that. What I'm saying is that if you make it permissable to be openly gay and legitimize it on the statute books as a legally binding union of 2 persons witnessed by man and God it is 100% wrong. Nothing you or anyone else can say will make me change my mind. Gay marriage, gay lifestyles and gay adoption DO NOT further our species morally, in a societal sense or a procreational one...and thats the TRUTH

Ignorance is being uneducated and uninformed and I dont believe I fall into those catergories thank you very much. I believe there is a difference between a natural union (or 'normal' for want of a better word) leading to a relationship, the possibility of having children as a result of that & extended family and the ABNORMAL or an anomalous situations which is what homosexuals and certian limited examples in nature provide us with.

Theres a big difference bewteen rights and implications which is something YOU dont get.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I'm waiting on a reply.

I spoke on this earlier, are people like you and a few others really trying to draw a parallel from blacks not being allowed to learn how to read, eat at certain establishments or not even allowed to attend certain schools with that of a gay couple not being allowed to marry??

Also, there is no Bible or religous scripture that states that different races can't interact with each other or must be seperate, that is something that man made up in the form of laws years ago.  Now you show me scripture where it condones or advocate gay rights.

All gays are going to hell. So let them get married & do their thug thizzy. Cuz they burnin in flames in the afterlife.

Octobers finest...

Let me break it down like this. You're are inferring that I'm saying that by allowing gay marriage than men at large will turn gay. Dont do that. What I'm saying is that if you make it permissable to be openly gay and legitimize it on the statute books as a legally binding union of 2 persons witnessed by man and God it is 100% wrong. Nothing you or anyone else can say will make me change my mind. Gay marriage, gay lifestyles and gay adoption DO NOT further our species morally, in a societal sense or a procreational one...and thats the TRUTH

Ignorance is being uneducated and uninformed and I dont believe I fall into those catergories thank you very much. I believe there is a difference between a natural union (or 'normal' for want of a better word) leading to a relationship, the possibility of having children as a result of that & extended family and the ABNORMAL or an anomalous situations which is what homosexuals and certian limited examples in nature provide us with.

Theres a big difference bewteen rights and implications which is something YOU dont get.

Listen I really don't mean to get anybody angry over this and I understand that some people just won't change their minds about stuff as well.  However, I used to be completely anti-gay and think they're weird and wrong and all of that as well.  (I'm 100% Jamaican so my family hates em).  So if you think they're going to hell, that's fine.  I'm sure there are many people in America that think I'm going to hell just because of the color of my skin, they can think however they want and I can't change that.  But my only point here is let's say there's a loving gay couple (
sick.gif
) that adopt a child, or a few, from a 3rd world country.  Or even have kids thru a donor or whatever, how does that not further our species morally?  I know people think that an adopted kid with two dads or two moms will turn out to be h omos and start thinking everyone is gay or whatever, but that isn't the case.  Studies have shown that.

Deuce King wrote:

Doesnt take a blind man or a religious fanatic to see the human morality and standards are getting worse 
100% Truth.

get outa here with this BS. people said the same crap when the bubonic plague was happening

morality is getting worse? ummm i'm sorry did we forget countless genocide including the jews, native americans, armanians, gypsies, africans? THE FREAKING SLAVE TRADE? world war 1 and 2? the spanish inquisition? when we used to burn women and called them witches? killing a black person for staring at a white woman?

dictators like stalin, mousilini, hitler? it's getting worse
roll.gif
you people live IN A DREAM LAND. MAKE BELIVE. humanity is the same or better, you think two dudes touching each other makes the world a less moral place. it's just hilarious

yall are the same religious fools who swore the world was gonna end in 1000 bc, during the middle ages, during the great war, during y2k..........

everyone forget the pl

Alright, one more hypothetical for you guys
laugh.gif

Let's say some scholarly gentleman/lady discovered some hidden scripture in a cave that was written by one of the prophets (let's say John). And it stated that being homosexual was actually fine. Would you all just immediately change your opinions on the subject and not care if homosexual couples got married?

If yes, can you not see how silly that is?

Originally Posted by JDocs

laugh.gif

Let's say some scholarly gentleman/lady discovered some hidden scripture in a cave that was written by one of the prophets (let's say John). And it stated that being homosexual was actually fine. Would you all just immediately change your opinions on the subject and not care if homosexual couples got married?

If yes, can you not see how silly that is?

This will not be answered truthfully, if at all.

But my only point here is let's say there's a loving gay couple (
sick.gif
) that adopt a child, or a few, from a 3rd world country.  Or even have kids thru a donor or whatever, how does that not further our species morally?  I know people think that an adopted kid with two dads or two moms will turn out to be h omos and start thinking everyone is gay or whatever, but that isn't the case.  Studies have shown that.

Would you yourself if given the option like to be raised by a heterosexual couple or by a gay couple growing up??

you think two dudes touching each other makes the world a less moral place. it's just hilarious

Two dudes touching each other doesn't make the world less moral per say, allowing those two dudes to get "married" however does.  Nowadays everyone just want to live in a "do as you feel" type of society, it doesn't work that way.  We have alot of "just do as a feel" attitudes out here that don't concide with everyday life.  Bad behavior shouldn't be justified or condone IMO.

laugh.gif

Just to let you know I don't deal with hypotheticals, maybe somebody else might on here however.

But my only point here is let's say there's a loving gay couple (
sick.gif

Would you yourself if given the option like to be raised by a heterosexual couple or by a gay couple growing up??

Are you serious? You act like that's even a relevant question. How about this one: would you rather be adopted by a homosexual couple in America or stay in an orphanage/ the "system" of a third world country?

Deuce King wrote:

you think two dudes touching each other makes the world a less moral place. it's just hilarious

Two dudes touching each other doesn't make the world less moral per say, allowing those two dudes to get "married" however does.  Nowadays everyone just want to live in a "do as you feel" type of society, it doesn't work that way.  We have alot of "just do as a feel" attitudes out here that don't concide with everyday life.  Bad behavior shouldn't be justified or condone IMO.

it's called america buddy. you don't have to agree with what other people do in their household. two men touching is not hurting anybody elses freedoms.

the same people who like to take away or withold freedoms from gays AND weed smokers, are the ones screaming 2nd amendments rights and hold on to their guns

Back
Top Bottom