Which will the US completely legalize first: Gay Marriage or Marijuana?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Alright, one more hypothetical for you guys
laugh.gif
Just to let you know I don't deal with hypotheticals, maybe somebody else might on here however.

But my only point here is let's say there's a loving gay couple (
sick.gif
)that adopt a child, or a few, from a 3rd world country.  Or even havekids thru a donor or whatever, how does that not further our speciesmorally?  I know people think that an adopted kid with two dads or twomoms will turn out to be h omos and start thinking everyone is gay orwhatever, but that isn't the case.  Studies have shown that.

Would you yourself if given the option like to be raised by a heterosexual couple or by a gay couple growing up??

eyes.gif

you think two dudes touching each other makes the world a less moral place. it's just hilarious

Two dudes touching each other doesn't make the world less moral per say, allowing those two dudes to get "married" however does.  Nowadays everyone just want to live in a "do as you feel" type of society, it doesn't work that way.  We have alot of "just do as a feel" attitudes out here that don't concide with everyday life.  Bad behavior shouldn't be justified or condone IMO.

Alright, one more hypothetical for you guys
laugh.gif

Just to let you know I don't deal with hypotheticals, maybe somebody else might on here however.

Yet you're religious...heh.

But the ability to say that homosexuality is "bad behavior' and shouldn't be "justified" is beyond me. It's not like gay people are doing it for attention, or are proactively trying to break down America/the world by having relationships with members of the same sex. Legalizing gay marriage won't make your children/loved ones "turn" gay. It'll simply be allowing them the same rights as any other couple in America. Gay marriage wouldn't be "condoning" the lifestyle, simply affording them what they're promised by the Constitution of the United States. (i.e. pursuit of happiness.)

The ignorance of some people.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I'm waiting on a reply.

I spoke on this earlier, are people like you and a few others really trying to draw a parallel from blacks not being allowed to learn how to read, eat at certain establishments or not even allowed to attend certain schools with that of a gay couple not being allowed to marry??

Also, there is no Bible or religous scripture that states that different races can't interact with each other or must be seperate, that is something that man made up in the form of laws years ago.  Now you show me scripture where it condones or advocate gay rights.

I knew you would argue this.

First off, you are correct. The fact of the matter is homosexuals in this society were never treated like black people were. That's not my point. My point isn't based on severity of the injustice, but the principle of the injustice itself. The underlying principle is the equal treatment of all people, regardless of race or sexual orientation. Stealing money from a mom and pop store is no different than the armed robbery of a multinational Swiss bank. Two different levels of crime, one principle.

@ the red. I don't have to show you anything about the bible period. That doesn't even belong in this discussion as far as I'm concerned. How can you justify a legally binding doctrine by quoting the bible? It's a very simple question and yet nobody has answered directly. The bible lost it's sanctity over marriage when legally married people were allowed to pay different tax rates, claim divorce settlements, and legalize citizens from another country.... ALL of which are man-made enforcements of law, a place religion should have no say in.

Like I said... I don't have to quote anything on the bible, but if I did... I would force you to defend all the scriptures that speak of equality. How do you defend that? Is that not the bible contradicting itself? You see, the problem with the bible is that it's open to interpretation. different sects of the same damned religion take what they want, and leave the rest out.

Let's just face it though, if you are against gay marriage, then you're against gay people in general. You don't like them, you're insecure around them and they make you uncomfortable. Just say it. Don't hide behind the bible quoting scripts that only you believe in thinking it justifies the way you think.

My point isn't based on severity of the injustice, but the principle of the injustice itself. The underlying principle is the equal treatment of all people, regardless of race or sexual orientation. Stealing money from a mom and pop store is no different than the armed robbery of a multinational Swiss bank. Two different levels of crime, one principle.
Hallelujah !

Originally Posted by JDocs

My point isn't based on severity of the injustice, but the principle of the injustice itself. The underlying principle is the equal treatment of all people, regardless of race or sexual orientation. Stealing money from a mom and pop store is no different than the armed robbery of a multinational Swiss bank. Two different levels of crime, one principle.
Hallelujah !

This was really well said.

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

why are you all arguing w/ people that use the bible for their reasoning?
Duly noted. I've done mine. I'm out.

Yeah for some reason I just keep debating.  Oh well, hope both become legal. 100

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

why are you all arguing w/ people that use the bible for their reasoning?
Something to do
laugh.gif
It's nice because there is NO WAY I or any of the others could convince them to change their minds (which is fine), so it will just be a continuous argument. I'm just hoping I can give some new insight and help them UNDERSTAND the other side, they don't have to agree.

I've never understood why people choose to take what the Bible says completely literally as opposed to paying more attention to the lessons of the Bible and to apply them to their own lives.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

I've never understood why people choose to take what the Bible says completely literally as opposed to paying more attention to the lessons of the Bible and to apply them to their own lives.

Yes, a sensible person!!!

I agree, but it's not even just that. I hate the fact that people only want to apply some rules and not others. If you wanna follow some Old Testament rules, you should follow all of them.

Man seeing flamboyant gay dudes disgust me, I'm not even going to lie, but why shouldn't they be able to get married? Because it makes me uncomfortable? At the end of the day what they do behind closed doors in the privacy of their own homes has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on my life, so I couldn't care less.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Man seeing flamboyant gay dudes disgust me, I'm not even going to lie, but why shouldn't they be able to get married? Because it makes me uncomfortable? At the end of the day what they do behind closed doors in the privacy of their own homes has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on my life, so I couldn't care less.

THANK YOU

dude doesn't feel comftorble being around gay people. admits it. doesn't hide behind a book that people only follow when convenient. but understands that they should have the same rights as all and they can do whatever they want behind closed doors as long as they aren't hurting someone. this is what america is about. defending peoples choice to do something you may not agree with. (as long as what they do doesn't affect other peoples freedoms)

and free my weed too

Are you serious? You act like that's even a relevant question. How about this one: would you rather be adopted by a homosexual couple in America or stay in an orphanage/ the "system" of a third world country?

It's not a relevant question yet you ask me something similar.......LOL.  I'll tell you what, you of OctoberFinest answer my question first and then I'll answer yours, deal??
it's called america buddy. you don't have to agree with what other people do in their household. two men touching is not hurting anybody elses freedoms.

the same people who like to take away or withold freedoms from gays AND weed smokers, are the ones screaming 2nd amendments rights and hold on to their guns

Yet another mis-guided individual that wants to live in a "do as you feel" society.  Again, there's a difference between doing what's right and doing what you feel.  What freedoms are people taken away from gay couples??  I guess the same can be said for a 32 year old man that wants to marry a 12 year girl but can't correct??  Both could also scream how they need to have equal rights as everybody esle and how their freedoms are being taken away from them since they can't be treated as equals by the law of the land.

It's not like gay people are doing it for attention, or are proactively trying to break down America/the world by having relationships with members of the same sex. Legalizing gay marriage won't make your children/loved ones "turn" gay. It'll simply be allowing them the same rights as any other couple in America. Gay marriage wouldn't be "condoning" the lifestyle, simply affording them what they're promised by the Constitution of the United States. (i.e. pursuit of happiness.)

You'd be surprised champ in regards to the seeking attention part of your statement.  Also as far as the pursuit of happiness goes, let's say I like to drive drunk cause that makes me happy or similar to Will Smith's character in the movie I'm in the pursuit of happyness, why shouldn't I be allowed to drive drunk??  People really need to get out of this mindset of "just do what you feel". 

First off, you are correct. The fact of the matter is homosexuals in this society were never treated like black people were.
Now we're getting somewhere, don't you feel better now??

The underlying principle is the equal treatment of all people, regardless of race or sexual orientation
Then a minor should be able to marry an adult correct??  Remember as you stated equal treatment of ALL people.

Like I said... I don't have to quote anything on the bible, but if I did... I would force you to defend all the scriptures that speak of equality. How do you defend that? Is that not the bible contradicting itself? You see, the problem with the bible is that it's open to interpretation. different sects of the same damned religion take what they want, and leave the rest out.
I'll be here waiting just in case.

Let's just face it though, if you are against gay marriage, then you're against gay people in general. You don't like them, you're insecure around them and they make you uncomfortable. Just say it. Don't hide behind the bible quoting scripts that only you believe in thinking it justifies the way you think.

The only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong, which you clearly are.  Just to let you know, love the sinner, hate the sin, do you see the difference between the two.  I'm all for gays being able to get civil unions, work for or at any company or business, and to openly serve in the military, all of which I clearly stated in this thread several times before.  People like you and ones that think like you believe that if your not in agreeance with gay people over gay marriage that your somehow against them as a whole, simply incorrect and not true.  It would be no different if one of your friends or family members didn't agree with you over a particular matter or subject at the time.  It doesn't mean they hate or are completely against you, it just means that they don't agree with you over this one topic. 

Hallelujah !

[h2]hal·le·lu·jah[/h2][sup][/sup]   /ˌhæl
thinsp.png
əˈlu
thinsp.png
yə/ Show Spelled[hal-uh-loo-yuh] Show IPA

–interjection
Praise ye the Lord!

Looks like we have a FRAUD in the house.

you're right two consenting adults getting married is the same as pedophilia or bestiality

my bad

now that i admitted how right you are...
would you rather grow up in the system or with 2 gay rich daddy's? just curious

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Yes, a sensible person!!!
LOL, that said... I do follow the Christian faith... I just don't follow any of the religions that follow under it. 
And personally, I think the only reason we have these debates now is because America was founded with the intent to separate church from government when in Europe those who had power within the church abused their authority. Which is why the Christian faith, unlike Judaism is no one church, but split into different factions, or sects (Lutheran,Baptist, Catholicism{the o.g.}). 

I say that to make a point that the original Law of the western world is derived from the Law of the Torah, First five books of the Bible. Thats why no matter which way we slice it, many of laws in the Bill or Rights and Constitution are derived from Laws of the Old Testament.

*Cliff notes* America separating the laws of the land from where they are actually derived is the cause for the lowering of morals and standards in America now. Not all principles from the Bible are bad. And here's a question that has yet to be asked: What about homosexuality is moral? (Just for the sake of debate, not to cause a big issue).

there is obviously more disputes about gay marriage in here so... im awaiting the day bud get's decriminalized and all the above
pimp.gif

im done. talking to some of yall is like bashing your head against a brick wall.

the bible has no place in government. goodbye

Marijuana... But niether with be legalized COMPLETELY.

Gay marriage can end this world.... And Marijuana can make our economy worse than it is

Are you serious? You act like that's even a relevant question. How about this one: would you rather be adopted by a homosexual couple in America or stay in an orphanage/ the "system" of a third world country?

It's not a relevant question yet you ask me something similar.......LOL.  I'll tell you what, you of OctoberFinest answer my question first and then I'll answer yours, deal??

I didn't ask you that.  But (again, I obviously can't quit) I will answer all of the questions.  Yes I would rather be raised by a heterosexual couple than a gay one.  I would rather be adopted by a homosexual couple in America than stay in any orphanage or third world country.  I recently had a daughter and if anything happened to me or her mother (there are a bunch of family members that would have to have something happen to them too) where she (or I in this situation) had the option of being raised by two gays or being put thru the system for years then yeah, I'm picking the gays.  Whatever life makes the kids happy and gives them the best opportunity to be the best is the one I choose.  Now you answer the questions, and leave me alone.

Originally Posted by DubA169

im done. talking to some of yall is like bashing your head against a brick wall.

Never said it did... but okay. Follow only the laws that were not derived from religious law.
My stance: 

I'm for Civil Unions having the same rights/ disadvantages as marriages. If the push for Gay marriage is only for gay people to have the same rights as those heterosexuals who get married, they won't be opposed to Civil Unions having the same rights correct? Now if that has some resistance, I question what is the REAL reason there is a push for Gay marriage.

Hallelujah !

[h2]hal·le·lu·jah[/h2][sup][/sup]   /ˌhæl
thinsp.png
əˈlu
thinsp.png
yə/ Show Spelled[hal-uh-loo-yuh] Show IPA

–interjection
Praise ye the Lord!

Looks like we have a FRAUD in the house.

Sorry, I didn't know I needed to point out that I was being ironic
wink.gif
... Get it? We are debating homosexual marriage... those who oppose it are generally doing so for religious reasons.... I am arguing FOR homosexual marriage and using a religious term to agree with what someone said, but I'm not religious, seewaddamean?.... Kinda loses its effectiveness if you have to explain it
frown.gif

you're right two consenting adults getting married is the same as pedophilia or bestiality

my bad

now that i admitted how right you are...

Now don't you feel good about yourself for being open and honest, see how easy that was champ
happy.gif

would you rather grow up in the system or with 2 gay rich daddy's? just curious
Again, you or OctoberFinest answer my question first and then I'll answer yours.  If you happened to have missed it, it's directly below in bold..........

Would you yourself if given the option like to be raised by a heterosexual couple or by a gay couple growing up??

talking to some of yall is like bashing your head against a brick wall.

Why, because I or anyone else doesn't agree with you exactly on this topic??  Sometimes you gotta learn how to find a common ground between two parties in a disagreement.  See below how JDocs appears to have the right thought process............

It's nice because there is NO WAY I or any of the others could convince them to change their minds (which is fine), so it will just be a continuous argument. I'm just hoping I can give some new insight and help them UNDERSTAND the other side, they don't have to agree.

Since you feel that way, why don't you just throw out or destroy all the money that you have personally since it say 'In God We Trust" on the back of your currency.  That will show 'em, no place for the Bible in Governnment.  You can do that or feel free to make a nice donation to members of Niketalk with your lost wealth.  We'll be more than waiting and happy
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom