Whitney Houston died Vol. 48

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Jennifer Hudson has been confirmed to pay respect to "the voice" in tribute at the Grammy's.

It would be crazy if Beyonce made her post baby return to the stage in a somber Whitney tribute a the 
Grammys

Originally Posted by Regis

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

The illuminati theory is kind of a stretch
What theory did he come up with though? All he did was mention some high profile deaths around the time of award shows. 
eyes.gif

He didnt just mention it though.
There were definitely some implications behind his statement.
He pointed out a small pattern, and said it was interesting. And when you look at what he presented, it actually is. But you don't wanna hear that though.. Even MJ said it himself that something is going on in this music industry (not in those words) and you still won't take heed. But what does MJ know, right?
laugh.gif
 .. Anyway, once again, RIP to the Queen Whitney Houston. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why are so many of you saying, "We saw this coming."

How did you see this coming? Wasn't she clean? I don't know.
Rumor she started using again since last year.
 It sucks cause I really thought she would wake up after what happen to MJ, they were really close.
I feel bad for her daughter.

People act like people can't be sad or disappointed when someone else dies. Death is supposed to be a sad thing, whether you're a fan or someone that just occasionally enjoyed their music. Who caress? Someone is dead. No need to come in and point fingers at people for not listening every second of every day.

Relax yourself girl, please set-tle down.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Rumor she started using again since last year.
 It sucks cause I really thought she would wake up after what happen to MJ, they were really close.
I feel bad for her daughter.
In my classroom there was a magazine excerpt that had an interview with her that said "I could have been Michael Jackson"

MoonMan818:
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

whyhellothere:
im not even a fan of whitney like that i just hate when people that i know for a fact haven't gave two !$*@+ about whitney for years all of sudden want to be on some "i was just listening to her music the other day" bs.
same thing happened when jackson died. people who didn't give a %+*+ about his music & use to make all kinds of jokes about him & his problem all of a sudden became the biggest mj fans
Get it.

You do not.
What this guy is saying is definitely true, but you pay your respects when someone passes away... simple as that.
No, what he's saying is shortsighted. People with the perspective like him want to separate everyone into two categories, where everyone was either a passionate fan before the person died, or didn't give a crap about the person before they died. And simply put, it's not as black and white as that.

Like, he mentioned that it's BS how people were making fun of MJ one day, and claiming to be fans when MJ died. There are plenty of people who fit that bill, and people with the perspective that he has are failing to acknowledge/realize a universal truth about human interaction: just because you clown somebody doesn't mean you can't respect them or like them. My closest friend right now is constantly trying to get under 400 pounds. Yes you read that right, and you better believe me and all the rest of his boys clown him all the time about his big self. Now if my boy were to die, you better believe I would be legitimately sad and hurt by it, but then this cat is going to come through like "Oh, you're clowning him yesterday, but now that he's dead, you're a fan?"

Like I said, thinking like that is shortsighted. And he doesn't get it.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Jennifer Hudson has been confirmed to pay respect to "the voice" in tribute at the Grammy's.

It would be crazy if Beyonce made her post baby return to the stage in a somber Whitney tribute a the 
Grammys

No disrespect, but please get off Beyonces nuts... that goes to everybody with this whole.. "Beyonce should tribute" b.s. there are so many other more talented people who could do a much better job.   

No trolling here.

What is it that makes people so sad to the point where they can't control their emotions for someone that has essentially been irrelevant in recent history. I would apply the same to Nate Dogg and Mike Jackson. They were essentially dead since they weren't active. Nothing is going to change. Their music doesn't die when they die. So what exactly are you missing?

I am not trying to be insensitive at all so don't take this the wrong way.

breh, she was found dead by coke head ray j. what do you think.
she hasn't been clean since '09.

feel bad for her daughter though, didn't deserve to lose her mother so early.

feels batman.

can't wait to hear everyone loudly bumping whitney houston's entire discography in their cars for the next 2 weeks. 
indifferent.gif

Grammys
Odd. I was thinking the same thing about Fantasia.

There will be more than a few stars flown in last minute.

No trolling here.

What is it that makes people so sad to the point where they can't control their emotions for someone that has essentially been irrelevant in recent history. I would apply the same to Nate Dogg and Mike Jackson. They were essentially dead since they weren't active. Nothing is going to change. Their music doesn't die when they die. So what exactly are you missing?

I am not trying to be insensitive at all so don't take this the wrong way.
I think it's natural for most to always carry the memories/images of these people in their prime. Or the fondest memories/moments of when/how/why they impacted you. 

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Grammys

No disrespect, but please get off Beyonces nuts... that goes to everybody with this whole.. "Beyonce should tribute" b.s. there are so many other more talented people who could do a much better job.   

indifferent.gif

I can't even say I'm a Beyonce fan, but I won't pretend like she isn't one of the most talented artist going today.  More talented singers right now?  That's highly debatable.

A tribute by her would be supremely fitting because of the similarities in their careers and types of music.  There's not need to act like Beyonce 

isn't as talented as she is simply because she's so popular and you might be sick of her or whatever

either way, let's not turn this into another Beyonce thread...

MoonMan818:

Get it.

You do not.
What this guy is saying is definitely true, but you pay your respects when someone passes away... simple as that.
No, what he's saying is shortsighted. People with the perspective like him want to separate everyone into two categories, where everyone was either a passionate fan before the person died, or didn't give a crap about the person before they died. And simply put, it's not as black and white as that.

Like, he mentioned that it's BS how people were making fun of MJ one day, and claiming to be fans when MJ died. There are plenty of people who fit that bill, and people with the perspective that he has are failing to acknowledge/realize a universal truth about human interaction: just because you clown somebody doesn't mean you can't respect them or like them. My closest friend right now is constantly trying to get under 400 pounds. Yes you read that right, and you better believe me and all the rest of his boys clown him all the time about his big self. Now if my boy were to die, you better believe I would be legitimately sad and hurt by it, but then this cat is going to come through like "Oh, you're clowning him yesterday, but now that he's dead, you're a fan?"

The MJ child molestation jokes and the Whitney crackhead jokes were way more harsh than just "playful clowning"

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I think it's natural for most to always carry the memories/images of these people in their prime. Or the fondest memories/moments of when/how/why they impacted you. 
I understand but those memories are already cemented and are not going anywhere. 
Don't take that the wrong way people. I don't mean any disrespect.

Why do so many celebrities "die" in hotel rooms. Maybe this one is legit, I don't know. Same ole song.

The cashier at cvs broke the news to us by saying "you know the world is about to end when whitney houston just dies". We hit her with the
indifferent.gif
and kept it moving.

This won't affect my life one bit.

MoonMan818:

Get it.

You do not.

but there is a difference between clowning while still being a fan, and genuinely not caring at all about an artist until they are dead and everyone else who was a fan is sad about it so they want to jump on the bandwagon and be sad about it too knowing  damn well they couldn't even name two whitney songs but want to act like they were her biggest fan. But yall are right, i shouldn't have said anything about it here.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I understand but those memories are already cemented and are not going anywhere. 
Don't take that the wrong way people. I don't mean any disrespect.

Why do so many celebrities "die" in hotel rooms. Maybe this one is legit, I don't know. Same ole song.

Once again, I think for most....with someone/something that impacts you, you develop an attachment to that person or thing. You naturally just care. So no matter how irrelevant someone or something becomes, that attachment/want or need to care triggers sympathy. 

I see where "whyhello" is coming from.

When Patrice o Neal died, I saw a crapload of people saying how to they always heard his stuff and how great he was. When infact he wasn't that good, and he was struggling to fill shows. It kind of pissed me off to see all these people just blatantly lying, comedians too, about liking him; if patrice's standup was a reflection of his personality( which is a yes) he would not appreciate it. One of the reasons many of his real friends, people he grew up with did not attend his funeral, was because they knew Patrice wasn't that type of person, Bert kreischer mentioned that they were like brothers, and said if Patrice knew he spent 1500 on a airplane ticket for him, he would get alot of shet for it.

As for Whitney houston, it is a bit different than comedy. Comedy is like wine, everyone has their own little flavor they like and overtime they change as with age, their opinions change; however, with singing taste is completely different. Singing breaks barriers...language, color, creed etc, we all know that feeling when you get shivers when you hear someone sing. MJ had it, Ray Charles had it, Elvis, Sinatra, James brown... Even if you don't listen to any of those genres, once you hear them sing, you go "damn, thats pretty good".

RIP.

ServeChilled81 wrote:
Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

ServeChilled81 wrote:
Grammys

indifferent.gif

I can't even say I'm a Beyonce fan, but I won't pretend like she isn't one of the most talented artist going today.  More talented singers right now?  That's highly debatable.

A tribute by her would be supremely fitting because of the similarities in their careers and types of music.  There's not need to act like Beyonce 

isn't as talented as she is simply because she's so popular and you might be sick of her or whatever

either way, let's not turn this into another Beyonce thread...

indifferent.gif
 Because she's not. That is sir, YOUR opionion. I'll stand by what I said, being a Beyonce stand for the sake of being a Beyonce stan is your choice though. Acting as if Beyonce is the know all end all for tributes is silly though, esp considering there is almost no correlation between her and Whitney. Please EXPLAIN to me the similarities in there careers because THERE ARE NONE. Hell Chaka Khan would be a hell of alot more beneficial than your suggestion based off her relationship with Whitney alone. I'll end with this, There is no reason to relate Beyonce's talent with Whitneys (she could never be as talented) simply because of her popularity in todays world.

Jesus H Christ, there's quite a few dudes willing to be 'that guy'; not 'that dude', but 'that guy'. Just showing your #!% for no good, cotdamn reason.
laugh.gif
Jetpacunlimited:
I'll just speak for myself, and I'm pretty sure others who want a Beyoncé tribute agree with what I'm about to say: I'm not saying a Beyoncé tribute is fitting because she's the most talented. I'm saying, Whitney was an iconic, black, female R&B singer with PIPES. Who else fits that description? Because anyone who fits that description, I would also nominate them for a tribute. That's where I was coming from.

So are you all really going to turn this into a Beyonce vs. J-Hud (indirectly) argument? Kobe vs. LeBron of the music industry.

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

can't wait to hear everyone loudly bumping whitney houston's entire discography in their cars for the next 2 weeks. 
indifferent.gif
Reminds me of my homie bumping Jackson 5 after MJs death with ALL the windows down and the seat leant waaaaaaay back
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom