Who Actually uses RETRO J's to play ball in?

right now im using cdp 21s...i find them very comfortable and durable. My only complaint is that there is minimal venting or breathability so my foot overheats after a while even with nice thin dri-fit socks.

I also used the XVI, which I loved and at one time or another i've balled in retro I, IX, XI, XIII, XIV

Originally Posted by illphillip

Once I've rocked them a couple of times casually and they ain't as FRESH as I'd like them, they hit the court.

Exactly, you can only stunt for so long in them, might as well use them what they made for; hooping.

I use my 2009 XII retro's for ball all the time... only shoe I've been hooping in for the past 4 months (both blk/red and wht/red XII, 2-3 times per week, 2hrs bball sessions).

I love the XII retro, both as a remake of a Jordan with historical significance and as a straight up bball shoe. They fit my narrow foot perfectly.

When I'm just fooling around I wear my beater XI/VI/V lows. Other than that I just wear them casually.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

i tried to play in the cdp 19s and they were terrible

Really? i wear mine for ball and they are super comfortable. only thing i dont like is that stupid lacing system

I have always worn Air Jordans STRICTLY for basketball, at least until they're too beat to perform up to par on the court anymore.  When I get a new pair, the used up ones always become the beaters I go to and from indoor courts in, and I change into my good/new ones once I'm at the gym.  I'll also use the ones that have been rundown for outdoor games.

I started playing ball again just before winter hit for the first time in about 8 years (long story, got really ill).  I broke out my original black/red XIIIs.  They were still in excellent condition, minus the tread being worn thin.  Unfortunately, 10.5 no longer fit me comfortably for playing, and when I joined a gym to get myself back in condition over the winter, I realized just how bad the tread was on them, as I was skating more than running in them.  So I broke out my VNDS '05 retro V white/fire red (had been wearing them around the home frequently to break them in/keep them from disintegrating prior to playing again), and bought a pair of retro nubuck XII for some variety .  While they're not the worst shoes I've worn for playing in, let me tell you...

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Ifanyone ever questions the quality of Retros, have them ball in them. Itreally shows the flaws. They just aren't made to ball anymore. "Ain'tnothing left to say though. I guess we forgot what we came fo'" 
eyes.gif
....^ truer words have not been spoken.  I have worn the Vs maybe 20 times tops so far, and the soles are chipping and cracking pretty bad.  The red paint has also rubbed off anywhere it's made contact with the other shoe.  Certainly not like I remember the ones from '90.
frown.gif
  The XIIs are OK, but they just don't feel right overall for playing in.  Again, not up to snuff with how the originals felt to play in.  I just bought a pair of Nike Hyperize Billy Hoyles to use for hooping so I can cut my feet a break from the tortures of playing in retro Air Jordans.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Idon't know why anyone would ball in retros and not newer b-ball shoeswith new and better technology. My retros are for every day use not toball.
Simple.  Because it's not like some super-duper technology has come out that somehow makes shoes from the '90s obsolete.  Yes, they have added this and that to supposedly "improve" performance, but please wake up to the fact that, just as with any industry, most of it is marketing gimmicks.  IF the retros were built to perform like the originals did, they'd be MORE than sufficient on the court.

ohwell.gif
smokin.gif
I do !    Right now, I'm ballin in my steel X's. Before that, I was hoopin in my Altitude XIII's, Olympic VII's.
I've hooped in IX's, XI's, XII's, XVII's.  You'all be crazy not to hoop in ya Jayz...whattaya think they 4?

XII's are my favorite of all time, even the retros... the new white/reds are GREAT for bball

They are bball shoes... thats what they are for... some is just too hard to ball in.

i use my XI lows and Xs to play ball in 
ohwell.gif
 and i say for a retro shoe they're pretty stable, nice ankle support and grips the hardwood very well
glasses.gif

i played ball in my cdp xi couple of days ago for couple of hours... im never doing dat again...

i bought black/silver Vs at release in junior year of high school, almost 12 years ago and have been balling in them off and on since. they have the most yellowed, browned, poop colored soles i have ever seen on a V. still wear them from time to time
pimp.gif

Add me to the list. I started using retros after almost completely trashing my 01 Spacejams. Usually rotate between my BRED 13s, Silver toe 13s, CDP 12s, 9s & steel 10s. Ankle support is not an issue and so far I have no probs.

CDP XIV are very decent to ball in.
light yet solid... lacks grip a bit but still a good shoe to ball in

Back
Top Bottom