Who can say N...the "N" word? vol. all you closet racist NTers contribute to the convo

I grew up in a community with a lot of blacks and Latinos. Many of the friends I made would call each other the N word and would even call me the N word. Obviously the the N-word ending in A and not ER.

I understood the term to be a racial slur, but we never used it in that context.

But my rule of thumb is, if they're not addressing me by the N word, I won't do it either.

I'm Bengali BTW, but people think I look Dominican all the time. Maybe that's why I seemed to have gotten a pass. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Anyone can say it.

But no one has to put up with you saying it.

So if you are NOT black and you say the N word...there may be consequences,

and you have to judge for yourselves if it's worth suffering those consequences just to say the N word.

Last edited:
Refer back to my initial post you quoted.

What's your background? As far as where you grew up and with who you grew up with.

I respect your opinion just curious to know if you've ever conversed with non blacks and used the word and if they felt comfortable or had a "pass" to use it

Ab soul 'gave people a pass to say it'. What? So if they said it without his permission he would've canceled the show because he was offended by non blacks singing HIS lyrics? :lol:

I see the most prissy white girls in the club singing trap joints word for word, is someone supposed to check them?

Refer back to my initial post you quoted.

What's your background? As far as where you grew up and with who you grew up with.

I respect your opinion just curious to know if you've ever conversed with non blacks and used the word and if they felt comfortable or had a "pass" to use it
I'm Black. Grew up in DC and PG. Around Blacks across all socioeconomic levels. Interact with other races all the time. Went to a PWI and was a minority in my program. Made plenty of friends across various ethnic groups. Told them to chill on the usage when I caught them trying it.

Was at an Ab-Soul show the other night in Philly. He blatantly gave everyone a pass to say it. It was so cringe. I just think its harmful when it's blindly and ignorantly acceptable when people of other races use it.Too much to even write at the moment. Such a complex thing.

Well Ab Soul said I could say it :stoneface:

Anyone can say it.

and you have to judge for yourselves if it's worth suffering those consequences just to say the N word.

So basically back to whites not respecting how blacks feel about the word and telling me to my face, either whoop me or Im callin you a *****?!?

See yall say **** like this on the internet knowing you would never say no **** **** like this to my face.

Aint yo punk *** from the Maple Isle aka Canada?

Last edited:
As a person who uses it I really wish I didn't, and I wish none of us did. I never bought into that whole term of endearment nonsense because we didn't always use it like that, :lol: "You know David?" yeah I know D, that's my Ni$$a... Well, that b1ch ***** ni$$a owes me $100, when I see him its lights out.

Although I feel like the word itself has lost all meaning [thanks to black people], I wish we didn't disrespect ourselves in this way. No other race calls themselves by a racial epithet except for us. Now these same groups are using the Nword toward each other regardless of race.

One of the dumbest things I was told as a shorty about this word was that Latinos {particularly Puerto Ricans in NYC} could use the word because they are the closest thing to being black, :lol:

Last edited:
I'm Black. Grew up in DC and PG. Around Blacks across all socioeconomic levels. Interact with other races all the time. Went to a PWI and was a minority in my program. Made plenty of friends across various ethnic groups. Told them to chill on the usage when I caught them trying it.

Ok. You're strictly on the side of only blacks can say it.

Respect that

Ok. You're strictly on the side of only blacks can say it.

Respect that
Yes. Again, refer to my initial post you quote for clarification.

How do you guys feel about mixed race (black/white) people that look white saying it ?

I was listening to Logic's new album, and he drops a few N bombs. Mixed people that look like him will get the side eye, while people that look more black (Drake and J. Cole) will get a pass.

What do you guys think. Does it come down to what side you identify with more ?

I'm black

and I don't even think we should use it. And I don't use it and I tell others I associate with my feelings about it.

besides eliminating the confusion and the slippery slope

rap music has other races feeling entitled to our culture and what we do.

I think us using the word is a lot deeper than us using the word, and it stems from the 400 years and Atlantic slave trade. Us using and accepting others using that word is a result.

No other race would go for it as a so called term of endearment

It's just a word? naw...let me call you something you don't like and say it's just a word.

Taking away the meaning? Then why use it? There's numerous other words that we can use that are positive.
/Thread

^^^

That reminded me of what the dude who did the documentary "Bastards Of The Party" said in that.

He talked about how dysfunctional it was that people used to refer to each other as "brothers" and now refer to each other as N's and how difficult it would be to kill your "brother" vs. how it easy it is to kill a......

That always stuck with me after that doc. Which is damn good if you haven't seen it.

Anyone can say anything they want

Just be prepared to deal with any possible consequences

. When Khaled said it that first time on "I'm so Hood remix" I was like who co-signed this bruh?

I still find it funny nobody was on Drake (especially since it's rumored that he doesn't even say it irl) bout this. Drake is physically lighter than Logic but Drake is "cooler"

Last edited:
The bay area everyone says it because here blacks are the minority (except in oakland) so the non blacks dont really feel threatened to say it and wont have any heat for saying it with the lack or little black folks around. Non blacks saying it in Oakland, well thats a diff story. But in the south bay (San Jose), daly city, sf--well like i said everywhere but oakland, asians, hispanics, whites they be saying it casually.

Ok how bout this, how do the black folks feel when non black folks call you "bro" , like casually "hey bro" not "Bruh" but "bro"

giphy.gif

Anyone can say it.

So basically back to whites not respecting how blacks feel about the word and telling me to my face, either whoop me or Im callin you a *****?!?

See yall say **** like this on the internet knowing you would never say no **** **** like this to my face.

Aint yo punk *** from the Maple Isle aka Canada?

Osh is Nigerian and he leaves in Canada.

What he is saying is right. A white person has the right to say whatever they want, they just can't control the negative reaction that will follow.

If a white person wants to say the word, then they can, and they can deal with being labeled a racist, catching a fade or being told off.

Why is him saying something like that so upsetting to you? Because you think ole boy is white?

Last edited:
We have much bigger problems than this. Here's a question, what if racists abandoned that word and substituted it with something else? What if "king" was the new word? Would that change how they treat us? The problem is the system and this discussion, in my opinion, is like treating a symptom rather than the sickness.

Last edited:
Why is him saying something like that so upsetting to you? Because you think ole boy is white?

Yes.

I hate when white people have the opinion of either we all can say it or we all can't.

I can stomach a black saying it more, although I disagree.

I don't think its cool for a group of Asians to be in scenario where they throw the word around.

We have much bigger problems than this. Here's a question, what if racists abandoned that word and substituted it with something else? What if "king" was the new word

i think because N word has history during the slavery days, it will never be the same.
i think thats why other racial slurs for other races is never on the same level. the N word has deep roots to slavery days.
All other racist words for other cultures/races dont have the same weight in my opinion. I think the only one that comes next is ch*nk? but you can see that doesnt compare yet that might be the next to the N word in terms of bad racial slurs.

Last edited:

Yes.

I hate when white people have the opinion of either we all can say it or we all can't.

I can stomach a black saying it more, although I disagree.

I don't think its cool for a group of Asians to be in scenario where they throw the word around.

Well he isn't white, he is black. So you can chill

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom