Who do you think will be XXL Freshmen, class of 2010?

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

basically.. the internet fame will turn into real life if you do it right. that's been proven already. you still gotta be in the streets to market yourself but it's an easier chance in LA, NY, ATL, etc. if you're not in those entertainment areas and you want to get in the industry, you gotta move yourself there.
Hence why Cudi moved to NYC.

No one but bloggers and people from their region knew n e thing about most of the rappers on that cover. I still don't know who Mickey Factz is lol.

Mickey was the worst example you could have used. By this time last year Mickey had done tracks with a grip of dudes and was getting 2nd rateradio and TV love.

This Guy

Fashawn
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

most of these dudes is trash... cats namin dudes who dont even make songs... ur boy los aint goin nowhere...
Real talk, do you like ANYBODY in hip-hop?

And even if they are trash, they're still the only new dudes making noise this year. Should they just do away with the Freshmen issue? Do you notunderstand the concept behind the Freshmen issue?

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Is Dom really out there like that?

No hate, im just curious..? I've been outa the loop for a while
NT Music has a way of over exaggerating everything.
But he actually is out there like that,your 100% right about Ntalk. Dom has a legit chance to make that Cover. Last year the people on their were similiar in mindset, this year if they do it right it's gonna be dope either way.
Out there like that where? In L.A. probably because no one except bloggers has heard of him on the East Coast.
No one but bloggers and people from their region knew n e thing about most of the rappers on that cover. I still don't know who Mickey Factz is lol.
eyebrow.jpg

Factz has a Toyota endorsement and his own show on their website I believe. He's obviously doing something right by putting his degree to use.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

most of these dudes is trash... cats namin dudes who dont even make songs... ur boy los aint goin nowhere...
Real talk, do you like ANYBODY in hip-hop?

And even if they are trash, they're still the only new dudes making noise this year. Should they just do away with the Freshmen issue? Do you not understand the concept behind the Freshmen issue?
i like lupe, budden, tip... yea i like a few rappers... most dudes just b too damn inconsistent... i been bumpin the #%%+ outta rock music lately cuz well this rap %%%* just aint cuttin it... and im responding to the people in here not the magazine... dont do away with it... thats like canceling the draft for a year cuz everybody sucks...

a better question is why does everybody care about what i think so damn much? my %%%* is almost guaranteed to get quoted if i post...
Because you been here for a minute and seem to hate everything
laugh.gif

Listen to The Kid Daytona
nerd.gif

I did a interview for Vibe about a month and a half ago because they were doing a lead story on LA.

Then I found out they went out of business.

Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

I did a interview for Vibe about a month and a half ago because they were doing a lead story on LA.

Then I found out they went out of business.
Real talk fam, you need to branch outside the West Coast.

Come holla at me fam
nerd.gif

It would be dope if they put a group on the cover....

Pac Div would have to be on it....

is it really that good of thing to be on there tho?....think about it...only about 3/10(give or take 1 i think) of them dudes actually "made"it...where the rest of them dudes @?

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

as longas j. cole and big sean are on there Im good
With the lack of material and buzz Big Sean has he'd be lucky to get an honorable mention.
is it really that good of thing to be on there tho?....think about it...only about 3/10(give or take 1 i think) of them dudes actually "made" it...where the rest of them dudes @?
You're right. Same %*$@ I'm thinking cuz a lot of these dudes either got dropped from their label, too whack for anyone, went in tohiding, or got shelved. 3 dudes lucky enough to drop albums and they'll be lucky to go gold.

Is it even confirmed XXL is doing this again?
Spencer Pratt aka S.P. the Ghost
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Fashawn

J Cole

Nipsey

id say Jay E....

Wiz has to be on there

he was on the last correct?
Naw.
Originally Posted by MrWavez

is it really that good of thing to be on there tho?....think about it...only about 3/10(give or take 1 i think) of them dudes actually "made" it...where the rest of them dudes @?
Whose fault is that though? Surely not XXL on some Madden Cover curse @%@!...

Seems like I need to repost this. Cats are gettin stuff mixed up.

2976588426_0795b87ce0_o.jpg

I'm gonna be perfectly honest and play Devil's Advocate and say that only 3 or 4 people didn't take advantage of this cover like they could have.

I'm gonna sit back and let ya'll play favorites and determine who they are, because it's VERY obvious who they are. Whether you like the artist or not.

Look at the list from last year and tell me who's still relevant.I agree that these cats use the press like they should. A LOT of these cats were striaghtup overrated or had a machine backing them (ie Ace Hood)...I hate these lists because a lotta these dudes are straight up trash and its publications like theseforcing this +*$ on us. A lot of them are either past their prime , lazy, overrated.

Actually Dom has a shot of this year he has the same buzz that a couple of the others had

Back
Top Bottom