sladewilson

Banned
Just got a new job ediscovery analyst at watson pharmaceuticals 
pimp.gif

Just wondering....

1) what do yall do
2) where do you live
3) how much yall make
4) what certifications do you have (if any)

im doing the college thing right now and im just unsure if its worth it...thinking of picking up a trade....just wanted to see what NT'ers were/are in a similar position

thanks

I hear ya...College aint for me, but I'm this far in, I might as well finish...1-1.5 years left 
tired.gif

CSU FTL.

At one point...i was making 55k a year as a warehouse employee for Sysco Foods. Operated a cherry picker and a triple jack doing misc things... worked 10-12 hrs a day...Sunday thru Thursday...but in a deep freezer. Had to give it up.

^ really...plumpers...i would have never thought
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I hear ya...College aint for me, but I'm this far in, I might as well finish...1-1.5 years left 
tired.gif

CSU FTL.

yea meng midaswhale

I have a degree but my boy sells discount furniture at some chain. No degree and has a decent sized rap sheet...makes close to 50K a year and only been there a few years

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

At one point...i was making 55k a year as a warehouse employee for Sysco Foods. Operated a cherry picker and a triple jack doing misc things... worked 10-12 hrs a day...Sunday thru Thursday...but in a deep freezer. Had to give it up.

I worked for C&S wholesale as an order selector in a cold storage warehouse for three different stretches in my life.  I was making about what you made, but when I was 20 I think I made 63K before taxes when I moved up to the second highest team. I had a horrible schedule and worked my butt off every single minute. I stupidly spent most of my money on frivolous things I no longer own like I brand new Lincoln Navigator. All I did was work, shower and sleep pretty much. I quickly realized that was a young mans game when I tore a bunch of muscles while throwing turkeys around Thanksgiving one year for an order. That cold is no joke.

P.S. you cherry pickers were the worst! lol . If you weren't in their good graces it was always a long time before getting your items down.
roll.gif
mad.gif

i know someone who worked for a phone company out of high school but its real hard manual labor working on phone lines and stuff

hes making bank though 100k+

One of my brother's good friends did construction instead of going to college.  I guess he worked his way up into an upper position and some years makes 6 figures.  He's now a part time owner of an Italian restaurant and eats for free everyday.  I went one time for dinner and the food was great and free 
smokin.gif

i made $33,256.71 in 6 months last year ...but i worked from monday to saturday driving a truck selling soda

I went to the JC and it just wasn't for me, not to mention I was doing everything on my own.  I decided to take a job opportunity and moved forward with that.  Went from retail to banking to the wine industry.  I started off on the very bottom at a winery when I turned 21.  I worked my way up to Manager in 2yrs.  I'am going on my 5th year this august and been manager for 3 of those yrs.  Pay has definitely increased. 

1-2 yrs - 35k when I started

3-5yrs 55k+

During my retail job I escalated to Manager within 1yr.  When I was a banker I got promoted twice.  I learned a lot about myself when handling different scenarios in different types of companies.  I hated the retail hours, and I hated the very quiet, linear environment of a bank.  A winery is a great balance of everything I like to do.  I love meeting people (we get people from all over the world), I enjoy sales and I like the freedom of being able to spend as much time as necessary wherever I want anytime with anyone.  I can do a 2hr long private tasting, or host a 1hr long bachelorette party and ACTUALLY have fun.  It sucked working up the ladder, but now it's worth it.
pimp.gif
  # ImDaBAws

iam 25yrs old and Living in Napa Ca.

-UNDFT-

Originally Posted by Retro707

I went to the JC and it just wasn't for me, not to mention I was doing everything on my own.  I decided to take a job opportunity and moved forward with that.  Went from retail to banking to the wine industry.  I started off on the very bottom at a winery when I turned 21.  I worked my way up to Manager in 2yrs.  I'am going on my 5th year this august and been manager for 3 of those yrs.  Pay has definitely increased. 

3-5yrs 55k+

During my retail job I escalated to Manager within 1yr.  When I was a banker I got promoted twice.  I learned a lot about myself when handling different scenarios in different types of companies.  I hated the retail hours, and I hated the very quiet, linear environment of a bank.  A winery is a great balance of everything I like to do.  I love meeting people (we get people from all over the world), I enjoy sales and I like the freedom of being able to spend as much time as necessary wherever I want anytime with anyone.  I can do a 2hr long private tasting, or host a 1hr long bachelorette party and ACTUALLY have fun.  It sucked working up the ladder, but now it's worth it.
pimp.gif
  # ImDaBAws

-UNDFT-
eek.gif
pimp.gif

nice bro i horrible with ppl though so yeah thats def not for me
laugh.gif
..sounds like a neat gig though

>Brother joined Air Force out of High School
>worked in Air Traffic Control
>Got FAA Certified after a couple years
>Banks 130k+ working as a civilian at O'Hare (No student loans)

Originally Posted by mrkittles20

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

I worked for C&S wholesale as an order selector in a cold storage warehouse for three different stretches in my life.  I was making about what you made, but when I was 20 I think I made 63K before taxes when I moved up to the second highest team. I had a horrible schedule and worked my butt off every single minute. I stupidly spent most of my money on frivolous things I no longer own like I brand new Lincoln Navigator. All I did was work, shower and sleep pretty much. I quickly realized that was a young mans game when I tore a bunch of muscles while throwing turkeys around Thanksgiving one year for an order. That cold is no joke.

P.S. you cherry pickers were the worst! lol . If you weren't in their good graces it was always a long time before getting your items down.
roll.gif
mad.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Real talk...you wanna have a tough job...be an order selector in a freezer...will make the grownest toughest man bow down sooner or later. Trust me...before i got the cake job of a cherry picker, i was a order selector and its NO JOKE. A lot of the cats in the warehouse were suffering from depression and lack of sleep. Young 19 year olds pulling up to work in benzos and bimmers but quiet as hell because they were unhappy. It wasnt for me. I finished school two years ago and now have a job supervising making the same amount working 34 hrs a week.

Originally Posted by Mr718

Almost hit 100k last year selling cable 
laugh.gif

More info 
nerd.gif

Graduating high school in a couple of months and i just dont feel like college is for me. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by Retro707

3-5yrs 55k+

pimp.gif
  # ImDaBAws

-UNDFT-
eek.gif
pimp.gif

nice bro i horrible with ppl though so yeah thats def not for me
laugh.gif
..sounds like a neat gig though

I deal with people everyday.  From your basic wine drinker to your "i know everything about wine" drinker, presentation ALWAYS has to be 100%.  I remember in retail some of our customers would drop 500-1000 and I thought that was a huge sale.  In the wine industry, thats nothing man.  Most epic customer I have ever had.  Dude is a wine club member.. flew his helicopter and landed in the back garden area of winery.  Walked in, did a tasting, dropped like 30k on wine and went to french laundry for dinner (i'am sure he dropped atleast 5k+ there), flew back home to the tahoe area and that was just a "day out".
pimp.gif
    Not to mention the FEMALES that come in here are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  Nothing but classy females who down to go to a fancy dinner, bottle of wine, some fancy dessert I can't even pronounce and SMASH.
devil.gif
  I love it.  Summer is almost here and I looooooove it.

-UNDFT-

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I know plumbers who make BANK. No joke.

This. My dude did an apprenticeship right after high school and currently makes a buttload of money

Own 2 tax offices 
Bama

$45K+ for 4 months of work

Hustler certification

Plus I have other unofficial legal hustles YOLO 

Back
Top Bottom