Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

Sales Rep for Anthem Blue Cross Of California, I sell Health insurance. more or less in the 100k range it depends on comission. No College degree just a few classes and courses online.

I make decent money and im not a college grad. I should be making a lot more though. Hope to find something good soon.

Nowadays its about who you know and hookups. I know high school drop outs that make 100k.

^ really...plumpers...i would have never thought
laugh.gif

[QUOTE name="Luong1209"]
Originally Posted by Luong1209

I hear ya...College aint for me, but I'm this far in, I might as well finish...1-1.5 years left 
tired.gif

CSU FTL.

yea meng midaswhale
[/quote]

Plumbers and Electricians make a LOT of money, bro. You need proper licensing and stuff and have to start off as an apprentice, but once you get past all that and get into the unions--You're home free. Obviously, getting into stuff like that is ridiculously hard now, but it's doable. I'm talking about NYC though. IDK how it's like in other places.

started at a little over 60k driving a truck pay will rise as my experience does.

Work 8-4 m-f. No living in a truck bs, 8 hours a day just like any other job. I might work a 12 every other week or so.

Plumbers and Electricians make a LOT of money, bro. You need proper licensing and stuff and have to start off as an apprentice, but once you get past all that and get into the unions--You're home free. Obviously, getting into stuff like that is ridiculously hard now, but it's doable. I'm talking about NYC though. IDK how it's like in other places.

This man. You can even get aviation certifications and do pre inspections on planes and what not, $80k year.

In this economy its all about specialization.

As someone with a college degree, I don't believe you need one to get a good job. Only issue is it puts you at a slight disadvantage when going for the same job as someone with one

started at a little over 60k driving a truck pay will rise as my experience does.

Work 8-4 m-f. No living in a truck bs, 8 hours a day just like any other job. I might work a 12 every other week or so.
I just got fired from a trucking company, was making 45k. After seeing the bank dudes were making and learning the ins and outs I'm going to school to get my cdl A next month. No otr for me tho, straight city home everyday is the goal. I'll do otr for a year max for experience if I have too. Was it hard for u to learn?

I just got fired from a trucking company, was making 45k. After seeing the bank dudes were making and learning the ins and outs I'm going to school to get my cdl A next month. No otr for me tho, straight city home everyday is the goal. I'll do otr for a year max for experience if I have too. Was it hard for u to learn?
Otr is garbage, the only reason they make so much is because they work 15 hours a day. Plus you don't get paid in your downtime waiting to load. I like getting paid hourly.

I'll run 1200 miles or so over two days every once in a while but that's like every other month and they pay for all my food so it's not bad here and there.

Nah it wasn't hard, learning a 10 speed took time though, won't even lie. It's nothing like a car.

Look out for the monster companies that will work you to the bone and make you hate driving a truck. I work for a 3 person company selling DEF and lubricants. So I pick up a load of def 300 miles away once a week and then the rest of the days I'm hitting stops and pumping it into their tanks.

There is a lot of local work, get your class a that way you can drive anything. I drive a mix of a and b.

Like anything the key is doing your research, a lot of companies are scum. You gotta find the right one and you will love it.

Last edited:
Otr is garbage, the only reason they make so much is because they work 15 hours a day. Plus you don't get paid in your downtime waiting to load. I like getting paid hourly.

I'll run 1200 miles or so over two days every once in a while but that's like every other month and they pay for all my food so it's not bad here and there.

Nah it wasn't hard, learning a 10 speed took time though, won't even lie. It's nothing like a car.

Look out for the monster companies that will work you to the bone and make you hate driving a truck. I work for a 3 person company selling DEF and lubricants. So I pick up a load of def 300 miles away once a week and then the rest of the days I'm hitting stops and pumping it into their tanks.

There is a lot of local work, get your class a that way you can drive anything. I drive a mix of a and b.

Like anything the key is doing your research, a lot of companies are scum. You gotta find the right one and you will love it.
I don't even know how to drive a stick in a car, I read up on it and think I can learn within a hour or so but idk anyone with one. That 10 speed is scary tho. Only reason I considered otr for a year or so is because alot of places require 1 year experience at least. But them places like holland and Dayton freight has those trainee programs where they take fresh new drivers and train em and even sometimes offer reimbursement for the schooling. If I can get into a freight company and be local it would be golden, I know I'll be bottom of seniority so I'm willing to even be a flex guy for a while.

That's fine if you don't know since they don't translate at all anyways.

Holland is gonna go bankrupt man, I'd stay away from them. They make you run a forklift the first 6 months also so you will get no driving experience then they make you take a road test before you drive and if you make one wrong move they can you.

There is such a big shortage of drivers companies will hire you regardless. I got my first job with no experience just my license and the little I drove to get that. Then this job I got paying 4 more dollars an hour than my last 3 months later because they wanted a young dude that would stick around.

People will hire you regardless.

That's fine if you don't know since they don't translate at all anyways.

Holland is gonna go bankrupt man, I'd stay away from them. They make you run a forklift the first 6 months also so you will get no driving experience then they make you take a road test before you drive and if you make one wrong move they can you.

There is such a big shortage of drivers companies will hire you regardless. I got my first job with no experience just my license and the little I drove to get that. Then this job I got paying 4 more dollars an hour than my last 3 months later because they wanted a young dude that would stick around.

People will hire you regardless.
Good to know. Imma be jumping in ya dms when I start if I got some questions. I worked in the freight biz 3 years up to now so I know the other side of operations, dispatching, billing, hazmat, equipment etc but the actual driving, **** scare me thinking bout the 10 speed. U drove an automatic before?

Yeah I drove an auto before I like the 10 speed better actually. Yeah hit me up if you need anything.

Back
Top Bottom