Who in General is still into sneakers but just keeps a small rotation now???

I still have a huge collection but in the last few years Ive been going for quality over quantity. I'd rather buy a pair of BIN series Js than 3 pair of GR retros. I miss out on new releases cuz I hate crowds of teen wearing skinny jeans talkin bout eBay while waiting in line. That galaxy release did it for me. If I want them bad enough I'll pay extra to a kid the crowd. Go most of my collection In "the freezer" my sneaker closet/vault. I've been rotating bout 5 pair lately-retro 3s, am24-7s, cement 4s, OG(retro)space jams, taxi 12s.

I buy what I like. I'm up to about maybe ~75 pairs or so. I have a few more I want to buy. But I'm definitely done after this year. My enthusiasm is waning with the price increases, unnecessary hype, and ridiculous hoops I have to go through just to get a GR pair. I'll always like shoes, but I'm pretty much done.

OVER 300 PAIRS OF NIKE/JORDANS AND STILL BUYING ABOUT 10-15 A YEAR.

FEELS BATMAN.

I HAVE BEEN THINKING A LOT LATELY OF SELLING OFF MY COLLECTION AND USING THE MONEY TO START A BUSINESS.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

I am in the process of getting to a small rotation, It is frustrating when you undeadstock a pair of shoes and it gets destroyed after one wear.  Here are some of my recent ones:
True Blue 3 first retro - spilt on midsole after one wear

Olympic seven first retro - unglued on toe area after one wear

Lebron two - wore them to hoop in this weekend the bottom fell off

Spacejam first retro - bottom fell off after two wears

Concord first retro - bottom fell off after one wear

Black Silver 5 first retro - midsole crumbled after wearing once for a nite out

Black Cement 3 first retro - the heel tab that says nike air broke off into pieces after several wears.

Air max 360 BB -finally got around to hooping in them and the shoe became completely unglued on both shoes

Air max CB 2001 retro version (Fab Five) - never even wore them they just crumbled in the box

Huarache Trainer - velcro tab just crumbled in the box

So basically I am saying wear your shoes and you don't need to buy every release a small rotation is the best way to go....
My dude, what sort of climate do you live in? Is it hot and/or humid? Granted that the shoes you posted have age, but they should not be deteriorating so fast. Alternatively you could look for VNDS versions of the shoes you listed.

Back to the original topic, I'll come out and say that having too many shoes can be bothersome - especially if you clean them after each wear and store them meticulously in the boxes. It's fine and dandy if you have <10 pairs but when you get to 50+ it's just too much of a hassle.

Originally Posted by vood99

I am in the process of getting to a small rotation, It is frustrating when you undeadstock a pair of shoes and it gets destroyed after one wear.  Here are some of my recent ones:

Black Cement 3 first retro - the heel tab that says nike air broke off into pieces after several wears.

Air max 360 BB -finally got around to hooping in them and the shoe became completely unglued on both shoes

Air max CB 2001 retro version (Fab Five) - never even wore them they just crumbled in the box

So basically I am saying wear your shoes and you don't need to buy every release a small rotation is the best way to go....
My dude, what sort of climate do you live in? Is it hot and/or humid? Granted that the shoes you posted have age, but they should not be deteriorating so fast. Alternatively you could look for VNDS versions of the shoes you listed.

Back to the original topic, I'll come out and say that having too many shoes can be bothersome - especially if you clean them after each wear and store them meticulously in the boxes. It's fine and dandy if you have <10 pairs but when you get to 50+ it's just too much of a hassle.

^ Word. Homie stayed catching L's. I have some of the shoes he has and they are still intact.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Its funny.  Met a kid (i say kid im 25 he is 22).  And he was like hey did you pick up the Jordan's this weekend.  I'm like eh.....what came out?  Olympic 6s.....i was like oh....no i didn't lol.  3 years ago that would have been the best conversation starter ever.  Would have talked for an hour about kicks.  Now not so much.

I don't even blame it on being old i blame it on prices being insanely high for terrible kicks.  I am on the sell one buy one band wagon.  But other then that I have only bought some clarks dessert boots and roshe runs recently.  I seem to be falling more into the Air Max and Nike Free category these days.  Work out shoes that are under 100 bucks.

I still have about 40 pairs but my rotation is Roshes. Jordan 3s, Infra-red AM 90s.  Thats about it.  With a 9-5 i rarely get to wear sneakers.  Home from work throw on Free Runs go to gym work out get home walk around in socks go to bed repeat.

eek.gif
eek.gif

me too brudda... used to could talk about them for days....

also, what sucks is that i'm not into the kicks anymore... but everybody STILL LOOKS AT ME AS THE SHOE GUY...

cats STAY asking me about new releases, old releases, and it doesnt help that i work in a shoe store...

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Sold majority of my collection back in 2010 due to cheap shoes, and me getting into cars tough.

I only have 10 pairs of shoes. 4 of them are boat/casual shoes, and the rest are grails.

Originally Posted by beh235

^ Word. Homie stayed catching L's. I have some of the shoes he has and they are still intact.

Normal climate to my knowledge.  These shoes just stayed in the closet (in the box of course) from the date of purchase.  

Don't consider myself a collector anymore wither, at my peak I had nearly 50 pairs, I don't keep up with releases anymore, I wear maybe 5 on the daily basis...nike free run 3s, a pair of new balance, some nike 6.0's, CDP 16s...I don't see why I nEed to buy kicks and then never wear them, for what reason

Fortunate enough to be able to wear sneakers to work every day. And I don't work at Foot Locker.

So I'm still sitting on 150+. That I've amassed over a decade though.

Selling some doubles and triples from when I went hard.

I picked up the VI's recently. And a backup pair of Free's.

Originally Posted by beh235

Normal climate to my knowledge.  These shoes just stayed in the closet (in the box of course) from the date of purchase.  

Go VNDS next time dude.

Just have around like 10-11 pairs now, and I just wear like 4 pairs on the regular. As for J's, I only bring them out once a month/every 2 months.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

I've gotten rid of most of my sneakers now since I'm usually in dress shoes now as my style has completely changed.

i only wear sneakers for the gym and grocery store
casual attire or going out im in solid color high end sneakers or shoes

i think nikes/jordans are a waste of money, but to each their own (only thing i wanted was yeezys an i rather spend money on rims, vay cay than 2k for sneakers if i wanted to just blow that real quick)

they release so much now, i rather have a luxury car payment than nikes..........matter fact quarterly updates just came out for july Fico lookin real good im applyin for a new ride today, check me in the post your car thread soon
Nikes/ jordans are a waste of money but you buy high end sneakers? For a couple hundred  less, my athletic sneakers do the same thing as your high end sneakers. I dont see this waste u speak of

Speaking for myself, I have never in my life purchased a pair of sneakers and not wore them.

I never considered myself a collector or sneakerhead, just your average negro from the hood that likes clothes

I usually go after sneakers that I wanted but couldnt afford back in the day, and if I dont get them for retail then I dont get them at all

Still have about 150+ pairs stashed away in my parents' basement with about 50 pair at my place; I live across the city now so every other weekend or so I go and check on them.

Still into shoes but not so much the collecting aspect, just the occasional pair I can scoop on sale, eBay, kijiji, trades, etc.

Last pair I bought was maybe 3 months ago (AM2011s in Gilroy outlet) but that's about it... Due to work and the incredible heat wave in Toronto right now I'm down to wearing sandals daily when I can and for work I go with subdued colorway Nikes usually.

I want to get the rotation down to about 50-75 in total; with about 25+ for daily wear - I've given away DS shoes to family members that are my size.

Bottom line need to sell them soon (been saying that for years now) to unlock some cash flow

right now i only have two pairs of shoes,

clarks db and janoski sbs. lol

i dont even have my own basketball shoes

I'll always love sneakers but as I've gotten older I've needed to consolidate. Right now, I stick with my essentials:
1) Bred Air Jordan 1's - (4 pairs, will be wearing this shoe till the day I die, love this shoe!)

2) Royal Air Jordan 1's

3) BC Air Jordan III's

4) True Blue Air Jordan III's

5) Black/ Cement Air Jordan IV's

My guess is that you kept everything totally deadstocked or wrapped/bagged
I still got 50 pairs or so, and honestly i probably wear about 25 pairs of those. About a dozen are in deep storage (lebron's 1-7, random AM's, AF's, etc). Since I wore everything i bought, and non Jordan retro shoes don't really sell like they used to, it ends up being less of a hassle to keep them than selling them and clearing 30 bucks a pair. . 

Free runners for everyday wear
Black cement 3s
Lbj sprites
Kd yotd
Nike sandals
Lebron 2 Asg
Just added iguana roshes to rotation
pimp.gif

That is all.

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

right now i only have two pairs of shoes,

clarks db and janoski sbs. lol

i dont even have my own basketball shoes
eek.gif
. I'll gladly donate you a pair or two if money is the issue my dude.

^ are you a sze 11? hahah !!

if youre willing to do international shipping then, send me some shoes!

Back
Top Bottom