Who is "Hugh Jones"? Get this man to the NBA!

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by AI39theanswer

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Thats not a NBA body...
laugh.gif
Those are good MMA fighter numbers though
Funny thats the only thing you disagree with out of everything I just said.
Thats probably the only part he read.
laugh.gif

Theres a reason these people aren't in the NBA.  If he was good enough, hed be on a team.
Ignorance. S&T sports knowledge sucks.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by AI39theanswer

Thats not a NBA body...
laugh.gif
Those are good MMA fighter numbers though
Funny thats the only thing you disagree with out of everything I just said.
Thats probably the only part he read.
laugh.gif

Theres a reason these people aren't in the NBA.  If he was good enough, hed be on a team.
Ignorance. S&T sports knowledge sucks.

Dude has no chance in the league honestly....Ur saying he would play the 1??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Dude has no chance in the league honestly....Ur saying he would play the 1??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Shaq won the King of The Rock Red Bull 1-on-1 TOurnament at BF earlier today. If you remember, I think he made it to the finals of the Nike Battlegrounds Tournament like 6 years ago. So good luck to the dude.

Shaq won the King of The Rock Red Bull 1-on-1 TOurnament at BF earlier today. If you remember, I think he made it to the finals of the Nike Battlegrounds Tournament like 6 years ago. So good luck to the dude.

_'s Kill me when they say Hot Sauce should be in the NBA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

75% of his moves are illegal and he has NOTHING else to his game but those illegal handles... He cant shoot, Jump or defend
laugh.gif
Buddy would get RAPED in the NBA
He came to my college in 2008 when I was a freshman... yes, most of his moves are illegal and what people don't realize is that you only see the best stuff on And1 Mixtape. I'd say that 2/3 of the stuff Sauce tried was just outrageous and didn't finish. Then the remaining 1/3 made the video. Plus I interviewed him for the student newspaper and he thought he was really doing it 
grin.gif

_'s Kill me when they say Hot Sauce should be in the NBA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

75% of his moves are illegal and he has NOTHING else to his game but those illegal handles... He cant shoot, Jump or defend
laugh.gif
Buddy would get RAPED in the NBA
He came to my college in 2008 when I was a freshman... yes, most of his moves are illegal and what people don't realize is that you only see the best stuff on And1 Mixtape. I'd say that 2/3 of the stuff Sauce tried was just outrageous and didn't finish. Then the remaining 1/3 made the video. Plus I interviewed him for the student newspaper and he thought he was really doing it 
grin.gif

Getting into the league is all political. Its literally is who you know (of course you have to have talent). There are people in the league that are so much better than this guy, and there MIGHT be a few guys he can compete with. One of my best friends averaged 20, 4, and 3 in the Big 10 and isn't in the league, yet (hoping for the best)... This guy may be good here, but people really do not realize how good these pros are compared to 'streetballers' in real basketball

Getting into the league is all political. Its literally is who you know (of course you have to have talent). There are people in the league that are so much better than this guy, and there MIGHT be a few guys he can compete with. One of my best friends averaged 20, 4, and 3 in the Big 10 and isn't in the league, yet (hoping for the best)... This guy may be good here, but people really do not realize how good these pros are compared to 'streetballers' in real basketball

SAN FRANCISCO -- A massive upper body, a loose whistle and some dazzling spin moves won Hugh Jones $10,000 and a 60-pound trophy built into a jagged cement base.

Jones is a 31-year-old streetball sensation from Washington, D.C., who goes by the nickname "Baby Shaq," though he more closely resembles Ray Lewis from the skullcap down to the scowl -- not the mention his playing style.

But it was that style that helped Jones to be crowned the 2011 Red Bull "King of the Rock" at Alcatraz on Saturday after winning the frantic six-round, steel-caged-style one-on-one tournament on the "The Yard" of the world's most infamous prison.

In his first act as King, Jones kicked the ball over the barbed wire fence into the San Francisco Bay as the buzzer sounded on his 18-9 defeat of Lance Perique in a physical final during which no fouls were called.

The 64-man tournament, which is in its second year, expanded from six West Coast qualifiers last year to 33 internationally, with 21 from the United States. Players came from as far away as Hong Kong and Israel to scrape their hands and knees on the concrete grounds of this former island prison in front of a crowd of about 600.

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo hosts the tournament.

"It's incredible, best atmosphere I've ever played in," said Jones, who averaged 20 points and 10 rebounds in three years at Division III Southern Maryland and has also played streetball on the AND1 tour, among others.

Jones' body type and playing style were especially well suited for the street game that semifinal opponent Brian Centella described as "two guys going to war on a little court in front of all these people at a prison."

Centella, who played D-III ball at Loras (Dubuque, Iowa), should know. He was on the receiving end of the night's fiercest blow, when Jones lowered a shoulder into his jaw and dropped him on his back during a play on which no foul was called.

"Obviously the game is called a lot tighter in college basketball than in the pros, but that's what this is about," Rondo said. "That's how people get to this point, that's how people get to the pros and college, by playing one-on-one games like this and learning how to compete and getting some toughness about themselves."

SAN FRANCISCO -- A massive upper body, a loose whistle and some dazzling spin moves won Hugh Jones $10,000 and a 60-pound trophy built into a jagged cement base.

Jones is a 31-year-old streetball sensation from Washington, D.C., who goes by the nickname "Baby Shaq," though he more closely resembles Ray Lewis from the skullcap down to the scowl -- not the mention his playing style.

But it was that style that helped Jones to be crowned the 2011 Red Bull "King of the Rock" at Alcatraz on Saturday after winning the frantic six-round, steel-caged-style one-on-one tournament on the "The Yard" of the world's most infamous prison.

In his first act as King, Jones kicked the ball over the barbed wire fence into the San Francisco Bay as the buzzer sounded on his 18-9 defeat of Lance Perique in a physical final during which no fouls were called.

The 64-man tournament, which is in its second year, expanded from six West Coast qualifiers last year to 33 internationally, with 21 from the United States. Players came from as far away as Hong Kong and Israel to scrape their hands and knees on the concrete grounds of this former island prison in front of a crowd of about 600.

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo hosts the tournament.

"It's incredible, best atmosphere I've ever played in," said Jones, who averaged 20 points and 10 rebounds in three years at Division III Southern Maryland and has also played streetball on the AND1 tour, among others.

Jones' body type and playing style were especially well suited for the street game that semifinal opponent Brian Centella described as "two guys going to war on a little court in front of all these people at a prison."

Centella, who played D-III ball at Loras (Dubuque, Iowa), should know. He was on the receiving end of the night's fiercest blow, when Jones lowered a shoulder into his jaw and dropped him on his back during a play on which no foul was called.

"Obviously the game is called a lot tighter in college basketball than in the pros, but that's what this is about," Rondo said. "That's how people get to this point, that's how people get to the pros and college, by playing one-on-one games like this and learning how to compete and getting some toughness about themselves."

Back
Top Bottom