Who is the best PG in the league right now?

The Nets would be absolute garbage without Kidd. The leading recounder on an NBA squad is a PG?!? That's unheard of.

Jason Kidd is the best PG in the NBA.

[table][tr][td] K. Bryant[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]36:39[/td] [td]6-23[/td] [td]0-6[/td] [td]9-11[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]21 [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] T. Parker[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]5-14[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]M. Ginobili[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]4-14[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]M. Williams[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]5-15[/td] [td]0-3[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10 [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]R. Alston[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]3-8[/td] [td]1-4[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] T. McGrady[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]5-14[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]J. Crawford[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]6-13[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]15 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] S. Marbury[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]6-14[/td] [td]1-4[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]18[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]S. Cassell[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]3-9[/td] [td]2-4[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][/table]
suffice???

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

[table][tr][td]K. Bryant[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]36:39[/td] [td]6-23[/td] [td]0-6[/td] [td]9-11[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]T. Parker[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]5-14[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]M. Ginobili[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]4-14[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]M. Williams[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]5-15[/td] [td]0-3[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]R. Alston[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]3-8[/td] [td]1-4[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]T. McGrady[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]5-14[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]J. Crawford[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]6-13[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]S. Marbury[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]6-14[/td] [td]1-4[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]18[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]S. Cassell[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]3-9[/td] [td]2-4[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][/table]
suffice???

I'll give you the Kobe game.....
I'll refuse to give you the Ginobili/Parker since Duncan wasn't playing.....Everybody knows that the WHOLE offensive flow of the Spurs revolves aroundDuncan presence on the court....
I like how you put Mo Williams on that list but you don't put Michael Redd who had 24 that game.....
Please get Rafer off that list, HE IS NOT NICE..... To quote T-MAC from this game ""They did a great job of taking Yao and myself out of thegame," McGrady said. "Every time we touched the ball we had two guys hanging off us. Even before we touched the ball we had two guys hanging off us.Everybody talks about how they are not a good defensive team, but for us it's a just a bad matchup."
Jamal Crawford???? Stephon Marbury????----I said NICE PG's/SG's and these are the names that come to mind
Sam Cassell is like 45

Those who you failed to put on your list in addition to the 6 PG's I mention....

Kobe other game against the Warriors
Dallas Game 11/8-Devin drops 21 and Terry has 24 off the bench
Kings Game 11/28-Kevin Martin drops 28
Add A.I game yesterday....

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Baron shut down Kobe twice this season.
the fg% was crap but since when is giving up 28pts and 21 pts while sending your man to the line 10+ times shutting someone down?

Did you watch either game? Kobe got a lot of his points when Jackson and other players tried to guard him. And even if he didn't "shut downKobe", he did better than any other guard would do.

Yo, anybody that plays the warriors is going to naturally SCORE more piotns then normal beacuse of the high-tempo that the Warriors play at.. If u watch thegame, u will rarely see people score on Baron.. Hes a defensive beast.

I'm not gonna argue with any points that have been made because at the end of the day we will all hold different opinions, and there's nothing I cansay that will change your mind.

I will say that I think Steve Nash is currently the best PG in the league, and that has been my opinion since '03-'04.

I also want to toss Andre Miller's name out there, he's been playing great this season but gets absolutely no attention being in Philadelphia.

I'm not saying he's close to being the best PG in the league right now, but I think he's in the top 10 and gets absolutely no love.

Add A.I game yesterday....
what about the game on sunday?

[table][tr][td] A. Iverson[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]43:03[/td] [td]2-12[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]9-12[/td] [td]-18[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][/table]
when baron actually had the opportunity to guard AI.

you expect baron to shut down every guard in the league every night, that's not the case. you asked for numbers where he played well defensively againstother guards and i gave them to you. of course there are gonna be nights when opposing players have a big night, i can't think of any nba player who hasshut down everyone he's guarded. Baron has posed a problem for other guards whether you'd like to admit it or not. oh, and he's also averaging2.5 steals.

why do you think he's not a good defensive player. maybe that's a better way to start. tell me why you think he sucks at defense, and i will tryprove otherwise.

..."The Warriors limited Denver to 35 percent shooting. They also made a slight tweak in their defense putting Davis on Allen Iverson after having Jacksonassigned to him the last time.

"Jackson doesn't do as well with smaller guards so we went to Davis," Golden State coach Don Nelson said. "It helped that Allen wasn'tfeeling all that well."

The result was Iverson had only 13 points on 2-for-12 shooting after having 39 points off Jackson."...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=271230007

See, when a player averages remotely close to a triple double, its hard to go against him. It really is. IMO, I cant pick a number one guy yet this year.

1a)Jason Kidd
b) Chris Paul
c) Steve Nash
2 Deron Williams
3 Baron Davis

And nobody does know of Jose Calderon. Dude has an assist to turnover ratio of 6.4
eek.gif

Now that TJ is down, some people finally see what he can do.
smile.gif

Right now .. JASON KIDD

How you guys gonna choose CP3 and Nash over this man.

He does way more for his team then either of them. Kidd is almost averaging a triple double.

1. Kidd
2. Paul
3. Deron
4. Baron
5. Nash

Nash isn't a leader. You can't be a point guard and not be a leader.

paul needs to have one complete season of this consistency before we can even say hes a better point than nash...

Kidd. It's not really even close. Especially with Nash and CP3. Who don't play D. And CP3 is just the PG of the future. You guys need to stop watchingESPN and start watching the games or at least look at ALL their stats. Jason Kidd, B Diddy and either Deron or Billups are the top 3 PG's right now. All ofthem have complete games. Offensively and on D. What puts Kidd over the top is he freaking averages almost a triple double. Not only that but he has been doingthis for quite a while AND he has maybe the worst supporting cast in the league. On top of that he does this in a half-court offense. All this talk of Nashhaving better court vision than him is crazy as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how many of you have played before but it's much easier to makethe "flashy" pass or see the play before it happens on a fastbreak. The fact that the fastbreak is the Suns offense well.....you get the point. Nashis a product of his system. Don't think so? What did he do in Dallas? Thanks and goodnight. CP3 will get there but right now it's still Kidd.

Back
Top Bottom