who needs to hit a home run on their next album or they're done.

Jeezy has the most pressure to deliver.

This is a dude who revolutionized trap music and his grassroots movement was second to none. Every album he did either went platinum or shipped platinum. After this show in NY, which was basically to build buzz in a major market, everyone hopped right back on his meat.

Reccession is definitely his best album and he proved that he can rap real $%% besides trap music, per se. Ross totally took his place in the streets with the viral game and it's weird to me because label wise, Jeezy is a proven earner and Ross hasn't gone platinum yet.

If Jeezy doesn have a proven banger for streets, it's a wrap. Ross made himself a priority and is highly visible. don't think Jeezy has a grasp on the viral game...I coulda swore I'd seen a quote where he was like Twitter is the Feds or something tom that effect.

Jadakiss will rip any 16 you give him, but I doubt people will run tomthe store and clear him out. 50 needs a spark too. That new joint he dropped was ultra weak. TI is a hit maker and I doubt hell have a problem given Atlantic breaks the bank production wise.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by solefood229

Young Dro, just needs to drop a album period @%%%

Not really. His albums suck but his mixtapes are nice. Equestrian dro and Greg street were both nasty and they aren't that old. Dudes like dro and gotti don't need to drop albums. Music doesn't sell especially this genre of rap. At least imo.

He has ONE album. That one album does NOT suck. As an artist, you do need to drop albums to prove that people actually support your MUSIC.

I'm gonna say Game as well, not that he'll be "done", but his buzz hasn't been really strong since DA, so if Red is only okay then it's gonna be tough the next go round. I think that that's what's happened to 50, real buzz died after The Massacre and the following albums just weren't all that so he's floundered?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Someone mentioned Busta. He's been done for 5 if not more years
laugh.gif
no one cares bout him.
I hope Xzibit can rebound but hes also done.

rebound? when's the last time he put up a shot, I thought he was done with rap years ago

laugh.gif
whoever mentioned Drake is delusional

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Xzibit was done after his 04 album, and once they cancelled Pimp My Ride. that 04 album was ok, and had 2 decent singles, but you
could tell he was finished. His 2006 album was nice, but I'm probably the only person who heard it.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by solefood229

Young Dro, just needs to drop a album period @%%%

Not really. His albums suck but his mixtapes are nice. Equestrian dro and Greg street were both nasty and they aren't that old. Dudes like dro and gotti don't need to drop albums. Music doesn't sell especially this genre of rap. At least imo.

He has ONE album. That one album does NOT suck. As an artist, you do need to drop albums to prove that people actually support your MUSIC.
it doesn't compare to his tapes though.  i didn't cop his album but i've been to his shows.  another way to support him.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

JKomorowski09 wrote:
carbon16 wrote:
Tyler the Creator yea I said it...

indifferent.gif
 Word he just got nominated for video of the year...  

... and?
It's a great video for a great song. But really, out of all the stuff he's ever done, only like six of his songs have been nice. The rest are a James Earl Jones-voice rapping about rape and killing over a sloppy, poorly-mixed Garageband beat that anyone could slap together.

Not to mention that his fanbase is mostly middle-schooler skateboard kids. If his next album is any less than Goblin, he's done. Earl, Hodgy, Left Brain and especially Frank are all better than him.

^^^Well besides Frank Ocean, no one knows or could even point out Earl, Hodgy, or Left Brain.

someone explain how the feel like T.I. needs a homerun on his next cd? i didn't hear the one that came out in December but other than that dude only has 1 trash album, only 1. The rest are straight bangers

that dude Jeezy is done. Im 100% positive now
laugh.gif
. He dropping ANOTHER mixtape before the album 
30t6p3b.gif

^^^You serious?? ANOTHER one??? How bout he works on an actual album, damb. His biggest mistake was putting out Trap or Die 2 as
a mixtape instead of an official album, he pretty much wasted all his best material just so he could make Flexin & Ballin.

Originally Posted by rocman23

someone explain how the feel like T.I. needs a homerun on his next cd? i didn't hear the one that came out in December but other than that dude only has 1 trash album, only 1. The rest are straight bangers

I can see that. Cause No mercy was meeehhhhhh at best. I don't agree that he's done without a homerun next time out, his fan base is too strong for that and like you said, he's been mad consistent throughout his career. Where he sits now and how the Industry is he could drop a garbage LP with 1 dope single, a trash radio record for the birds ( ala 'Whatever You Like') and still be straight. To me Luda is on the verge of irrelevance. Battle of the Sexes was doodoo butter and the majority of 'Theater of the mind' felt forced (granted he did go off on a few records). He can't afford a dud on this next go round

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^^^You serious?? ANOTHER one??? How bout he works on an actual album, damb. His biggest mistake was putting out Trap or Die 2 as
a mixtape instead of an official album, he pretty much wasted all his best material just so he could make Flexin & Ballin.

Yeah man dude is dropping "Real Is Back 2"
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
. FOR WHAT reason man, should of just bumped up the date and drop the got damn album. Son done literally released 6 mixtapes to get buzz for 1 album.

Back
Top Bottom