WHO REMEMBERS EKIN702? What happened to him? Methodman? Dirty? OG NT's ONLY

And Meth- I remember you starting a post about the Shelby GT500 being debuted back in 06 or 07. Did you ever end up buying it? It stands out in my mind cuz it was the only non-Mod post I've seen you start. 
Sorry, that wasn't me.  
Must have been the "Cobra" association that confused you.

Originally Posted by DaShoeKid23

Yeah I feel like a few things started to happen to make the OGs stop posting...................Oversaturation, Nike getting wise to us as a group and milking every penny, "collecting" becoming more mainstream and "being a sneakerhead" became the thing to do....all contributed to the "OGs" of niketalk posting less frequently.......At the end of the day though you really cant get mad because it was those same people who sort of created this "sneakerhead" culture and brought it to the masses via the evolution of technology and the internet.  The so called "Love" and "Passion" for most has dwindled down and although, still there, cant really relate to the newer generation of "Fakes" beings pumped out by the once sacred Nike.........Change and growth is a constant part of life and is necassary for survival........Sorry for the rant just some random thoughts..............
nah they just grew up and realized the world isnt all about shoes.... you will get there someday...

Originally Posted by DaShoeKid23

Yeah I feel like a few things started to happen to make the OGs stop posting...................Oversaturation, Nike getting wise to us as a group and milking every penny, "collecting" becoming more mainstream and "being a sneakerhead" became the thing to do....all contributed to the "OGs" of niketalk posting less frequently.......At the end of the day though you really cant get mad because it was those same people who sort of created this "sneakerhead" culture and brought it to the masses via the evolution of technology and the internet.  The so called "Love" and "Passion" for most has dwindled down and although, still there, cant really relate to the newer generation of "Fakes" beings pumped out by the once sacred Nike.........Change and growth is a constant part of life and is necassary for survival........Sorry for the rant just some random thoughts..............
nah they just grew up and realized the world isnt all about shoes.... you will get there someday...

i remember some of the names being mentioned in alot of these posts. I just went and looked cause i can't remember when i joined NT and it was in 03' wish it coulda been sooner but man i love this place, talked to some cool people and learned alot about shoes.

i remember some of the names being mentioned in alot of these posts. I just went and looked cause i can't remember when i joined NT and it was in 03' wish it coulda been sooner but man i love this place, talked to some cool people and learned alot about shoes.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Makes me wonder what percentage of the people here from 99-01 grew out of sneaker collecting...
Me.
But I still don't pass up on good deals on shoes I couldn't afford back then or shoes I simply think are classics (just picked up some Black/Red XVI's, White/Red XII's and Lebron 2's). Sold my entire sneaker collection and got into vinyl records. I guess I just have an addictive personality.

Still check NT every single day though. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Method Man

Makes me wonder what percentage of the people here from 99-01 grew out of sneaker collecting...
Me.
But I still don't pass up on good deals on shoes I couldn't afford back then or shoes I simply think are classics (just picked up some Black/Red XVI's, White/Red XII's and Lebron 2's). Sold my entire sneaker collection and got into vinyl records. I guess I just have an addictive personality.

Still check NT every single day though. 
ohwell.gif

best part of niketalk was the first couple of years. Less forums, less people = less arguing and knuckleheads. Everyone was there because they had a common interest in shoes. i remember back then the original fake seller sneakerfreaker posting how he could get any jordan in any size. damn how i wanted to believe him lol

best part of niketalk was the first couple of years. Less forums, less people = less arguing and knuckleheads. Everyone was there because they had a common interest in shoes. i remember back then the original fake seller sneakerfreaker posting how he could get any jordan in any size. damn how i wanted to believe him lol

So I like learning about NT history and hit a couple users' "recent posts" link. Figured they would only post in nostalgic threads. Figured right. Found some pictures posted by Crux in a very similar thread started by NTer "Khlav Kalash" talking about the potential man card revocation of a "RyanKMD". Riveting to say the least. Anybody mind giving a non-OG (emphasis on the G) some background and , hopefully, some laughs? Hope Crux doesn't mind. 
kingcrux31 wrote:
Why did I even save these photos? 

smh.gif

laugh.gif

kingcrux31 wrote:
More 

nerd.gif

So I like learning about NT history and hit a couple users' "recent posts" link. Figured they would only post in nostalgic threads. Figured right. Found some pictures posted by Crux in a very similar thread started by NTer "Khlav Kalash" talking about the potential man card revocation of a "RyanKMD". Riveting to say the least. Anybody mind giving a non-OG (emphasis on the G) some background and , hopefully, some laughs? Hope Crux doesn't mind. 
kingcrux31 wrote:
Why did I even save these photos? 

smh.gif

laugh.gif

kingcrux31 wrote:
More 

nerd.gif

I think I wanna change my sig to Niketalk Class of 2000 and Meth WOOOW on the old school Pics and link's. That really does bring back memories.

Who remembers PROMO SHOES from back in the day too? 
laugh.gif

Where the heck is Jrose too!?!

EDIT: I hit up Alex (RetroKid) and Nick (Billy Hoyle) on FB to really get this reunion and thread poppin.

I think I wanna change my sig to Niketalk Class of 2000 and Meth WOOOW on the old school Pics and link's. That really does bring back memories.

laugh.gif

EDIT: I hit up Alex (RetroKid) and Nick (Billy Hoyle) on FB to really get this reunion and thread poppin.

wheres S2C with all those damn bape shark hoodies?!?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

What happened to the guy that one of the sickest collections of Jordans? He wore like size 13 and was an owner of a gym or something like that.
I remember he posted one time weekly all the Jordans he had from 1-18.

Jay Jones? Yea dudes collection was crazy. You guys have good memory, I hardly remember anyone posted. I've always been the quiet NTer, just watching and laughing at NT history goin down...

Im very far from an OG but I think Jay Jones still posts from time to time in Sneaker Showcase. He runs an Ebay shop right? Might have been an old thread tbh.
Learning about NT history is always cool.

was this the dude with all the PEs? i cant remember... but if it WAS him, then i do recall a number of shoes becominggrail status after i saw his pics (45 XIs and whatnot)

Originally Posted by GetHigh420

laugh.gif

and i coulda sworn i saw jrose post not too long ago... but then again.. maybe not.
edit* WTHalo? anywhere?

wheres S2C with all those damn bape shark hoodies?!?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

What happened to the guy that one of the sickest collections of Jordans? He wore like size 13 and was an owner of a gym or something like that.
I remember he posted one time weekly all the Jordans he had from 1-18.

Jay Jones? Yea dudes collection was crazy. You guys have good memory, I hardly remember anyone posted. I've always been the quiet NTer, just watching and laughing at NT history goin down...

Im very far from an OG but I think Jay Jones still posts from time to time in Sneaker Showcase. He runs an Ebay shop right? Might have been an old thread tbh.
Learning about NT history is always cool.

was this the dude with all the PEs? i cant remember... but if it WAS him, then i do recall a number of shoes becominggrail status after i saw his pics (45 XIs and whatnot)

Originally Posted by GetHigh420

laugh.gif

and i coulda sworn i saw jrose post not too long ago... but then again.. maybe not.
edit* WTHalo? anywhere?

all i remember is emi cause she was the first chick NT beasted over heavy..the emi post had pages and pages.

all i remember is emi cause she was the first chick NT beasted over heavy..the emi post had pages and pages.

Man, this thread takes me back. I (old username = galen) signed up here in 2000 and posted a lot from 2000-2004. I remember being 15 and always waiting on the new EKIN702 threads and just mashing the refresh button for hours hoping a new post would show up.

I kind of fell out of the shoe game in college, just didn't feel the passion anymore. I still love the aesthetics of sneakers, but I don't care what's "rare" or "cool" anymore, I just find a shoe I really like once in awhile and buy a bunch of pairs and stick em in the closet for later. I also don't have any time to spend looking at all the special releases and limited editions and new styles and whatever, so my knowlege of what's out there has gone way down. People don't realize how much effort they put into keeping up with kicks until you stop caring about them and fall out of touch.

Plus, I still just like all the stuff I grew up with. I still prefer the og speed TDs and vapor 2s to any of these modern cleats, I still like the Jordan XIV and XVII to any of the new jordans, although I will admit I really like what nike is doing with their running shoes lately. The lunarglide 2s are so nice, they almost make me forget about my heaps of air maxes I have stuck in my closet
smile.gif

Mostly I just remember being an idiot kid who thought I knew everything, man those were the days.

I was trying to remember why I eventually got banned, I think it was for getting into it with FR3SH with our back and forth Cal/Tennessee trolling. Too bad they both suck now :/

PS - Can I have my old name back?
wink.gif

eek.gif
 @ EKIN702 and other NT vet posters in here.
I remember lurking NT, 2 years before officially signing up to become a member. I wasn't apart of the OG crowd or attended any of the summits but the sneaker info and General Forum's onslaught of humor is what got me interested and latched onto NT.

Man, this thread takes me back. I (old username = galen) signed up here in 2000 and posted a lot from 2000-2004. I remember being 15 and always waiting on the new EKIN702 threads and just mashing the refresh button for hours hoping a new post would show up.

I kind of fell out of the shoe game in college, just didn't feel the passion anymore. I still love the aesthetics of sneakers, but I don't care what's "rare" or "cool" anymore, I just find a shoe I really like once in awhile and buy a bunch of pairs and stick em in the closet for later. I also don't have any time to spend looking at all the special releases and limited editions and new styles and whatever, so my knowlege of what's out there has gone way down. People don't realize how much effort they put into keeping up with kicks until you stop caring about them and fall out of touch.

Plus, I still just like all the stuff I grew up with. I still prefer the og speed TDs and vapor 2s to any of these modern cleats, I still like the Jordan XIV and XVII to any of the new jordans, although I will admit I really like what nike is doing with their running shoes lately. The lunarglide 2s are so nice, they almost make me forget about my heaps of air maxes I have stuck in my closet
smile.gif

Mostly I just remember being an idiot kid who thought I knew everything, man those were the days.

I was trying to remember why I eventually got banned, I think it was for getting into it with FR3SH with our back and forth Cal/Tennessee trolling. Too bad they both suck now :/

PS - Can I have my old name back?
wink.gif

eek.gif
 @ EKIN702 and other NT vet posters in here.
I remember lurking NT, 2 years before officially signing up to become a member. I wasn't apart of the OG crowd or attended any of the summits but the sneaker info and General Forum's onslaught of humor is what got me interested and latched onto NT.

Back
Top Bottom