Who Should Get The Role Of Marvel’s “Black Panther”?

Who Should Get The Role Of Marvel’s “Black Panther”?

• Chiwetel Ejiofo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idris Elb

• Chadwick Boseman

• Michael B Jordan

• Other

• Total voters
I think 1998 Don Cheadle would be a good T'Challa.

I'm a big Don Cheadle fan though...so I'm biased.

MichaelBlackson.jpg

lol

i saw this clown fools show at the Improv this past Saturday.

throughout the show he kept calling himself a b**** a** n****..  who does that? smh

Last edited:
Oh my god.

This is one if the worst threads in general.

It's probably isn't, but some friends and I have been having this conversation a lot since were pretty excited about a potentially popular Black super hero, and this thread is kind of frustrating because half the people in here are disrespecting the idea and the other half are arguing about things that don't matter.

Idris Elba will not be BP. He's already a character in the Marvel universe, and it would not be cool to start crapping on the continuity of said universe, which is part of the whole legitimacy of these movies as parts of a whole.

Michael B Jordan is the human torch. The Fantastic Four is property of Fox, and they would never let him work for the competition while he's working with them.

I saw Ultimate Avengers 2, and I feel like it's very safe to say that will be close to the BP story. The multi-film deal is the most valid argument. Aside from RDJR, look at all these heros. They are all portrayed as youthful even if they're not young. Most of them are supposed to be Late 20's to early 30's, and if they're immortal or have been frozen for decades they still look about 28-32.

I'm down for Chadwick Boseman and look forward to seeing who could realistically be in the running, and I think this issue of casting sheds a light on the issue of Black actors in Hollywood, and how few actually get any shine to the point where we can't think of more than a handful of actors within a certain age range who could be Black Panther.
This post is so true. Makes the most sense..

Oh my god.

This is one if the worst threads in general.

It's probably isn't, but some friends and I have been having this conversation a lot since were pretty excited about a potentially popular Black super hero, and this thread is kind of frustrating because half the people in here are disrespecting the idea and the other half are arguing about things that don't matter.

Idris Elba will not be BP. He's already a character in the Marvel universe, and it would not be cool to start crapping on the continuity of said universe, which is part of the whole legitimacy of these movies as parts of a whole.

Michael B Jordan is the human torch. The Fantastic Four is property of Fox, and they would never let him work for the competition while he's working with them.

I saw Ultimate Avengers 2, and I feel like it's very safe to say that will be close to the BP story. The multi-film deal is the most valid argument. Aside from RDJR, look at all these heros. They are all portrayed as youthful even if they're not young. Most of them are supposed to be Late 20's to early 30's, and if they're immortal or have been frozen for decades they still look about 28-32.

I'm down for Chadwick Boseman and look forward to seeing who could realistically be in the running, and I think this issue of casting sheds a light on the issue of Black actors in Hollywood, and how few actually get any shine to the point where we can't think of more than a handful of actors within a certain age range who could be Black Panther.
This post is so true. Makes the most sense..

*cough*Captain America*cough*Human Torch*cough*

*cough*"Deadpool"*cough*Hannible Cain*cough*

Ok maybe not the last one, but Marvel isn't scared to reuse actors.

Honestly If we are doing a black panther movie he needs to be a new out of nowhere but a African male and I mean from Africa. Also you need Everett Ross to balance out the story and keep it cool. I mean the only white black panther has to be in it.

To be honest, I know nothing about the Black Panther just to put that out there. Was there ever a cartoon of him back in the day?

Edit: just read up on wiki. He's had appearances in other marvel cartoons and Djimon Honsou does his voice in an online series back in 2010

Last edited:
MBJ hasnt even been confirmed as Human torch though
It's been confirmed that he's in he new FF, either as Johnny or Ben, but all signs point to him being Johnny.

And just so we're all clear, Black Panther is a marvel studios/disney property, any actor who has played a role in a marvel film(IM, Cap, Thor, Avengers, GOTG) will not have another role as a different marvel character, flat out, plain and simple. Elba, Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Hounsou will not be up for the part because they have been/will be an established character in the marvel movie universe. They will not cast an unknown for the part considering BP will probably be a flagship franchise for phase 3 and they will need someone with gravitas to give it legs. MWJ does not have that, nor Crews, nor MBJ, and because Snipes is universally recognized as Blade there is no way in hell marvel/disney would cast him, plus have you seen any of his recent work? Taking a logical look at it, which i know will be hard for most nters, Ejiofor makes the most logical choice at this time, plus he has worked with whedon before, giving him an advantage right off the bat. And if you're one of the people saying he has no action chops, go watch Serenity.

It's been confirmed that he's in he new FF, either as Johnny or Ben, but all signs point to him being Johnny.

And just so we're all clear, Black Panther is a marvel studios/disney property, any actor who has played a role in a marvel film(IM, Cap, Thor, Avengers, GOTG) will not have another role as a different marvel character, flat out, plain and simple. Elba, Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Hounsou will not be up for the part because they have been/will be an established character in the marvel movie universe. They will not cast an unknown for the part considering BP will probably be a flagship franchise for phase 3 and they will need someone with gravitas to give it legs. MWJ does not have that, nor Crews, nor MBJ, and because Snipes is universally recognized as Blade there is no way in hell marvel/disney would cast him, plus have you seen any of his recent work? Taking a logical look at it, which i know will be hard for most nters, Ejiofor makes the most logical choice at this time, plus he has worked with whedon before, giving him an advantage right off the bat. And if you're one of the people saying he has no action chops, go watch Serenity.

You work in the studios?

To be honest, I know nothing about the Black Panther just to put that out there. Was there ever a cartoon of him back in the day?

Edit: just read up on wiki. He's had appearances in other marvel cartoons and Djimon Honsou does his voice in an online series back in 2010
Outside of that he had a stop-motion series on BET I think that got canceled. It was pretty cool.

He's never had a full on cartoon and I feel for any hero that's what's stops them from being really popular. Everybody remembers the Static Shock toon not to mention the more popular Marvel and DC shows. Same for Spawn as well on HBO. If it's better than average it'll have a fan following 10 years later.

Back
Top Bottom