Who started Rap?

People say that rap was something that was around for a mad long time, but the genre of rap basically became what it was through the Sugar Hill Gang. Rappers Delight

People say that rap was something that was around for a mad long time, but the genre of rap basically became what it was through the Sugar Hill Gang. Rappers Delight

Cool herc started hip hop the culture I'm not exactly sure who started rap. I think technically It was around a lot longer then the 70's when hip hop started and it's unlikely you'll pinpoint it's creator.

Cool herc started hip hop the culture I'm not exactly sure who started rap. I think technically It was around a lot longer then the 70's when hip hop started and it's unlikely you'll pinpoint it's creator.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Rudy Ray Moore aka. Dolemite

dolemite.jpg

Youtube him, this guy was spitting fire and moving crowds 40 years ago.
My wife and I have all his movies; always good for a laugh.
I was just bout to post this ..
pimp.gif

Link to his Rhymes

http://www.dolemite.com/original_rhymes.php?r_id=11

There were brothers kicking raps BEFORE any of the names mentioned (it wasn't really called "rap" though (nor was it an official genre).More like "let me rap to you for a minute brother").Melvin Van Peebles, Last Poets,Gil Scott Heron,Eugene McDaniels (to a degree on the VERY sought after (even by me) "Headless Heroes" LP) and even James Brown.

There were brothers kicking raps BEFORE any of the names mentioned (it wasn't really called "rap" though (nor was it an official genre).More like "let me rap to you for a minute brother").Melvin Van Peebles, Last Poets,Gil Scott Heron,Eugene McDaniels (to a degree on the VERY sought after (even by me) "Headless Heroes" LP) and even James Brown.

Back
Top Bottom