Why all the love for the Penny 1/2 cents and no love for Jordan Spiz'ikes?

IMHO .... 1/2 Cents are THE Best hybrids I've ever seen. I hate hybrids, because they 1. look like fakes, 2. most times just turn out bad. But Nike didtheir thing with the 1/2 Cents. Grab me the silvers and I'm set.

1/2 Cents IMO are just a fresher design. There's not really alot of Penny models in the Nike line, especially in comparison to the Jordan line, so whenNike did the hybrid of these in the royal blue colorway, I just had to get them...the selling point to me was that they looked soooooo damn sleek.
smokin.gif

Spiz'ikes are not that bad really..but because I collect so many Jordan retros as it is...to have a hybrid of retros I already own, at a price point of$175 (often times more than the Jordan retros themselves) I chose not to cop any..and I'm okay with that decision.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Dellibedaboss

IMHO .... 1/2 Cents are THE Best hybrids I've ever seen. I hate hybrids, because they 1. look like fakes, 2. most times just turn out bad. But Nike did their thing with the 1/2 Cents. Grab me the silvers and I'm set.

SUMS IT UP!!!!
You couldn't have paid me to wear an hybrid before. But after I cop them Green Sparks...I'll own all 4 1/2 Cents. Luv' Em!!!

The half -cents are a thing of beauty. They are well combined. The spiz'ikes seem like just a collection of pieces like when designers put a lot of fabrics together to get an idea.
laugh.gif

Also the sharkleys are a very impressive hybrid shoe. The colorways also have a lot to do with how a shoe is percieved and the first colorway of the Spiz;ikes was really bad in my opinion while all of the half cent colorways are amazing. I fell in love with the black gree ones and the the spiz'ikes dont have a particular color that jumps out

true story- walking down the street yesterday, i saw a dude with some spizikes. had absolutely no idea if they were fakes or not. terrible. just terrible.

isn't jordan brand supposed to be setting the trends? not those variant makers... there've probably been fake spizikes since 2003!

the half cent is well put together compared to the spiz'ike not that iam hatin on the spizzy but everybody knows if were talking bout JB is the retros that people want and not so much with hybrids
tired.gif

If the fusions were limited releases/ quickstrikes then I bet they would be sought after. I don't see 1/2 cents productions anywhere near fusion production.

i'm part of the 1% that actually like the spizikes more than the 1/2 cents.. i've only owned one pair of spizikes though.. but i loved them...

The problem with fusing any shoe from the jordan line is that each shoe takes a drastically different concept that its hard to fuse them. As the line goes on the shoes became more technical and advanced that is why you can't fuse jordans because each shoe is just to different besides the 3s and the 4s . Pennies shoes are very sleek and easy on the eyes. Plus that foam upper is damn near indestructable

I copped the 1/2 Cent Metallics for $135. Couldn't pass on them. Spizikez are cool but $175 is BS! Spizike quality is wack! They should sell for under a buck fitty!

I copped the 1/2 Cent Metallics for $135. Couldn't pass on them. Spizikez are cool but $175 is BS! Spizike quality is wack! They should sell for under a buck fitty!

tell me if am wrong but except fr the royal half cent... the other cws are pretty much sitting... at least in the H

some ppl like 1/2 some ppl like spiz
it all depends on the personal preference, but like pelimpe said, 1/2s are sitting except for th blue ones, while many spiz are doing alright

Originally Posted by pelimpe

tell me if am wrong but except fr the royal half cent... the other cws are pretty much sitting... at least in the H
Just because a shoe sits, doesn't mean its not a good shoe.
Using this logic, Air Max 2009s are unpopular because they sit...

Anything JB is more hype=more people buying.
Pennys and the Foamposite technology is hard to grasp and communicate to the average customer.
Not alot of people know who Penny is compared to Michael Jordan so of course the Michael Jordan sneaker is going to sell better.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Because the 1/2 Cent is actually well-done and flows together.
basically................spiz'ikes juss look like a frankenstien shoe struck by lightning n all.

Back
Top Bottom