Why are African-American females "jealous" of interracial relationships?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by RavageBX

What a cruel joke we've played on ourselves, to sit here and act as if we African American males have no fault in this. Why is it that we champion interracial relationships as if dating within our own ranks is undesirable? Seems like every other ethnicity loves their own more than we do. "Black love" is but a fleeting memory of a time when we needed each other. With dismal incarceration, death and education statistics coupled along with racism and false concepts of beauty embedded in our collective psyche, it's no wonder they're feeling some kind of way. Wouldn't you?

Oh and contempt and jealousy? Get over yourselves.
can i buy you a giraffe?  
Certainly.

Originally Posted by ChineyRoyal

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

Alot of black girls wont even go out with someone who is not black it starts and ends with "thats a cute white boy" and thats it .
True..but the same can be said for some guys who aren't open to dating a black girl...or they just wanna smash so they can look back on their life and say they did that.
This is always very true. I've seen and heard it.

What a cruel joke we've played on ourselves, to sit here and act as if we African American males have no fault in this. Why is it that we champion interracial relationships as if dating within our own ranks is undesirable? Seems like every other ethnicity loves their own more than we do. "Black love" is but a fleeting memory of a time when we needed each other. With dismal incarceration, death and education statistics coupled along with racism and false concepts of beauty embedded in our collective psyche, it's no wonder they're feeling some kind of way. Wouldn't you?

It comes down to personal preference. Why live in this vast, beautiful world, with beautiful women of various cultures and not date who we want to? I'm in an interracial relationship with an asian female, and I definitely wouldn't be mad if a black female was dating an asian male. Who am I to dictate who someone else has feelings for? This isn't 1950 anymore, a new world of growing social equality is opening up to us now, I say let black males and females do what they wish, as long as we're happy, is there really a big deal?

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

There aren't enough good black men out there. So they get pissed off when they see a good brother choose someone of another ethnicity.

fixed

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Over 70%?
Where are you getting your numbers? I'm just curious.

As for me, I'm all for interracial relationships.

This. Idk the actual numbers...it could be 70% for all i know. But there def is some jealousy among some, and frankly its sad
smh.gif
sick.gif
. im black and i've been with my girl who is white for like 2.5 yrs and going strong. haters gonna hate so idc but still, some of those girls need to grow up
grin.gif

^ i don't think they problem is ID exactly but "i date ___ cuz ___ acts like x,y,z

why do you have to like __ at the expense of ___?

Originally Posted by bruce negro

It comes down to personal preference. Why live in this vast, beautiful world, with beautiful women of various cultures and not date who we want to? I'm in an interracial relationship with an asian female, and I definitely wouldn't be mad if a black female was dating an asian male. Who am I to dictate who someone else has feelings for? This isn't 1950 anymore, a new world of growing social equality is opening up to us now, I say let black males and females do what they wish, as long as we're happy, is there really a big deal?
I'm all for dating whoever we want but I also understand that it's bigger than "personal preference". Black men are able to date outside our ethnicity simply because we are black men. What was once taboo, is now desirable. I think a lot of us have failed to realize that. We have an exaggerated sense of our value. We think all types of girls love us because we're just that cool, when more often than not they love what we represent. Then we think to ourselves "why can't black girls just date outside their ethnicity too?" It's not that simple.

You say you wouldn't be mad if a black female was dating an asian male right? Well if we're gonna put the shoes on let's tie the laces. What if black men weren't portrayed as athletic, masculine sex machines with bigger than average penises? What if we were viewed as undesirable? What if those sloppy white girls who we love b/c they suck us off without question didn't dig us? And what if those asian/indian girls who only date us because they hate their parents telling them what to do or they're excited by the risk of dating a black dude, didn't want us. What if those latinas who show us so much love because of the effeminate tendencies of their men decided that they ain't messin with us cause we can't salsa, merengue or bachata? And what if black girls we're universally viewed as the most beautiful in the world? Would you feel the same if you were the average black male with a jail record and no significant education to speak of and black girls were dating every other ethnicity under the sun? Of course you wouldn't. I'm not saying you'd be jealous but you'd feel some kinda way. Maybe just a little hurt. After all those years of fighting for equality and acceptance it's like we don't need each other anymore. Actually more like we think we don't need them. And we couldn't be any more wrong.

I'm all for dating whoever we want but I also understand that it's bigger than "personal preference". Black men are able to date outside our ethnicity simply because we are black men. What was once taboo, is now desirable. I think a lot of us have failed to realize that. We have an exaggerated sense of our value. We think all types of girls love us because we're just that cool, when more often than not they love what we represent. Then we think to ourselves "why can't black girls just date outside their ethnicity too?" It's not that simple.

You say you wouldn't be mad if a black female was dating an asian male right? Well if we're gonna put the shoes on let's tie the laces. What if black men weren't portrayed as athletic, masculine sex machines with bigger than average penises? What if we were viewed as undesirable? What if those sloppy white girls who we love b/c they suck us off without question didn't dig us? And what if those asian/indian girls who only date us because they hate their parents telling them what to do or they're excited by the risk of dating a black dude, didn't want us. What if those latinas who show us so much love because of the effeminate tendencies of their men decided that they ain't messin with us cause we can't salsa, merengue or bachata? And what if black girls we're universally viewed as the most beautiful in the world? Would you feel the same if you were the average black male with a jail record and no significant education to speak of and black girls were dating every other ethnicity under the sun? Of course you wouldn't. I'm not saying you'd be jealous but you'd feel some kinda way. Maybe just a little hurt. After all those years of fighting for equality and acceptance it's like we don't need each other anymore. Actually more like we think we don't need them. And we couldn't be any more wrong.
So we're able to date outside of our race... so are hispanics, asian, arabs, indians, etc. Although some races may find a certain token pleasure in being involved with black men because of their endowments, couldn't the same thing be said of asian women, and even *gasp* black women?! The fact of the matter is that YES, although white women may be easier to come by than black women, it all comes down to whatever makes you happy. I'm truly speaking from a personal perspective, because if you want to talk about average black males, I certainly am not one of them. However, in my eyes, if two people find themselves happily together, let it be. After all of these years of fighting for equality and acceptance, if we're truly equal, or want to be viewed as equal, isn't interracial dating a step in the right direction?

this.

Well damn.

11lhs10.jpg

Alot of black girls wont even go out with someone who is not black itstarts and ends with "thats a cute white boy" and thats it .

laugh.gif
 that is so true

I think this is only because Black women may see these White guys as unattainable. See paragraph above.

So we're able to date outside of our race... so are hispanics, asian, arabs, indians, etc. Although some races may find a certain token pleasure in being involved with black men because of their endowments, couldn't the same thing be said of asian women, and even *gasp* black women?! The fact of the matter is that YES, although white women may be easier to come by than black women, it all comes down to whatever makes you happy. I'm truly speaking from a personal perspective, because if you want to talk about average black males, I certainly am not one of them. However, in my eyes, if two people find themselves happily together, let it be. After all of these years of fighting for equality and acceptance, if we're truly equal, or want to be viewed as equal, isn't interracial dating a step in the right direction?

Bottom response and the response above it I agree with. Very valid point about interracial dating being a step in the right direction to equality though. I mean this is America and we are far from barred or should not be barred from exploring other people and their cultures. I think interracial relationships further bring different groups of people together along with further assurring your culture. This is America known as a melting pot of cultures. I feel we should look at the bigger picture of interracial dating rather than just looking at black males and black females dating within their race. 

From the knowledge that I've gathered...black women who see black males with white women feel's as if the white women are taking all the "good" black men away.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

There aren't enough good black men out there. So they get pissed off when they see a good brother choose someone of another ethnicity.
This

And what they fail to see is there aren't many good black women out there so we go looking for other females of other races who don't roll their eyes and snap their necks like turkeys. Race makes no difference to me as long as the chick is attractive and we get along well and is respectful.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Hmmmm I'm African American and Caucasian mainly African American and I've never been jealous of interracial relationships.

Maybe cause you're the child of an interracial relationship.

That or my parents taught me no such thing as black, white, blue, purple blah blah blah

what else would they teach you without coming off as hypocritical?

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Well damn.

11lhs10.jpg

Alot of black girls wont even go out with someone who is not black itstarts and ends with "thats a cute white boy" and thats it .

laugh.gif
 that is so true

I think this is only because Black women may see these White guys as unattainable. See paragraph above.
what about non-white guys they find attractive? like i said before ive had black girls attracted to me but they didnt want to get to the relationship level. theyve straight up told me that they would never date a non-black dude 
tired.gif
 obviously girls from other races are like this too, especially white girls (well around here they date mostly white dudes or black dudes 
laugh.gif
), but to me black girls seem the hardest to get with. personally i could never rule anyone out based off race...
and its just not because they think that other races as unattainable or that the other races would just use them as sex objects. Besides myself, I know a good number of dudes who are scared just to approach a black girl because they think theyre gonna get rejected because of their race.

again, before anyone distorts my post, i have NO hate/grudge against black girls. im just curious why they're so strict about what race they date. I wouldn't even go as far as saying black girls in general, it seems like african/first generation african-american girls are more open to dating other races 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Well damn.

11lhs10.jpg

laugh.gif
 that is so true

what about non-white guys they find attractive? like i said before ive had black girls attracted to me but they didnt want to get to the relationship level. theyve straight up told me that they would never date a non-black dude 
tired.gif
 obviously girls from other races are like this too, especially white girls (well around here they date mostly white dudes or black dudes 
laugh.gif
), but to me black girls seem the hardest to get with. personally i could never rule anyone out based off race...
again, before anyone distorts my post, i have NO hate/grudge against black girls. im just curious why they're so strict about what race they date. I wouldn't even go as far as saying black girls in general, it seems like african/first generation african-american girls are more open to dating other races 
pimp.gif

i
Based on expeirence, most black chicks I've seen date white guys are the ones who grew in a mostly white area or hanged with mostly white friends, or behave what is considered preppy. I do find that black women are rare to date outside of their race.  It all depends on the area you live in as well. To be honest, I don't think I've seen an asian chick which a black fellow in this area for a long time. To me, you like what you like and don't like somebody tell you otherwise. I just happen to like beautiful women so that leaves all races open.

I've never had much problems with getting at a black girl, I'm Hispanic. I've gotten the whole, "I only date black dudes" thing but usually no problems.

Back
Top Bottom