Why Are They Advertising High Fructose Corn Syrup?

Trying to lie and make man-made poison look healthy?
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif

aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif

YES! Why are they effing doing this? its borderline irresponsible...got little kids thinking "no mommy its aight, I can have that ice pop...corn syrup isokay!".

I dont know why, but this really bothers me a little. Why even do this. the last thing america needs is another food that is "no really, its okay" toeat. smh.

I hate the brothers at the breakfast table commercial.

like cocaine, it's fine in moderation.

But then again Im a fan of extra virgin olive oil, but thats a whole nother story.

why?

cause corn farmers want money. negative press on HFCS has negative effects on their revenue....thus the commercial.

i have a question for you though. why bring up the race card when it really isnt necessary?

Wow. You have GOT to be kidding me, whats next, commercials telling the "benefits" of fluoride in water(oh wait..)? I'm disgusted. Anything for abuck.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

These creep me out, and so do the ones for flu shots.

This is another one that gets under my skin. We basically poison ourselves
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

why?

cause corn farmers want money. negative press on HFCS has negative effects on their revenue....thus the commercial.

i have a question for you though. why bring up the race card when it really isnt necessary?

a spin on Kipling hardly qualifies as "bringing up the race card;" however, I'll change it for the sake of sensitivity.

exactly. they lobbied up in albany to get these commercials made...the organic trend and word of HFCS being bad for you, has hurt their profits

Quantities of mercury have been found in high fructose corn syrup, the ingredient that has replaced sugar in many of our processed foods. Reports have also come out that the FDA knew about traces of the toxic substance in food, and sat on the information. This news comes out just as we've learned that the peanut butter factory responsible for the salmonella outbreak has a storied history of health violations. What a week for food safety.

This leads me to believe that the recent peanut product- salmonella recall is indeed bigger than we thought.

Either this trade embargo on Cuba needs to stop, or US companies need to stop marginalizing to increase profits at the sake of the public's health.

They were better off not putting ads up...I buy lots of stuff and I don't really care that they have high fructose corn syrup because almost everythingdoes but now...I might slim down on it now, just to piss them off.

Originally Posted by ashleythetall

exactly. they lobbied up in albany to get these commercials made...the organic trend and word of HFCS being bad for you, has hurt their profits
are you from albany?

The HFCS companies have to defend their product. People are always bashing it so they're letting people know the facts. I don't think it is sohorrible.

Refer to the "government has you under a spell" thread...
smh.gif
It's like people see what's going on, but they just don't know how to callit.

all of you saying its poison do you check all your food for stuff like this or are you just upset about the commercials...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

all of you saying its poison do you check all your food for stuff like this or are you just upset about the commercials...

Ive only recently started checking. I no longer eat fast food or drink soda and most juices. There a chemical used in raisins too that I try to avoid. The nameescapes me at the moment.

i'm must upset about the commercials. Its irresponsible imo.
indifferent.gif

I don't look thru every nutrition label for everything I buy, but just staying away from the obvious is what I do. It's not the easiest thing in theworld to avoid

the first time i saw that commercial of the couple having the picnic, i was just
smh.gif
smh.gif

they made that guy look like an idiot with his, "umm, uhhhh, well..." in his response to her question.

if my girl asked me what's so bad about HFCS, i would have been like, "uhhh, it's linked to obesity, diabetes, heart disease, raises bloodcholesterol levels.... need i say more?!" then i would have smacked that damn popsicle outta her hand
pimp.gif

actually i do. the ingredients i've been checkin for the most these past three years have been HFCS, trans fats, saturated fat, and sodiumcontent. been on a healthy eating kick these past few years.

i've been reading nutrition labels ever since i was in elementary school for fun
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

I do try to limit my intake of processed foods tho. It's amazing how much of our food has non-natural materials used in it as opposed to naturallyraised/farmed food.
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif

Back
Top Bottom