Why did Pac diss Nas?

So I got the 7 day theory album yesterday and as I decided to skip around on tracks because I didn't have time to listen to the whole thing. Well, I get tothe last track and I hear pac dissin nas. Now I don't know if Nas dissed him first or what but I'd like to find out and this is where NT comes in. Cansomeone please enlighten an intriguing mind on this subject matter? Thanks

I mean just listen to the lyrics. Pac was mad how Nas said how he got shot in one of his songs. Since Pac actually got shot for real and thought it wasdisrespectful in the way. I think there was a bit more to it. I wasn't into hip hop then and only like 11. Maybe someone much older than me can explain thestory better.

If this is your first time listening to the album do not skim through it. Pac disses the entire East Coast(mainly NYC MCs) on this album. From the Fugees tothe likes of even NaS. Dudes he was previously cool with to artists who weren't even considered artists at the time
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure Nas explains the whole "beef" in one of his songs.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

If this is your first time listening to the album do not skim through it. Pac disses the entire East Coast(mainly NYC MCs) on this album. From the Fugees to the likes of even NaS. Dudes he was previously cool with to artists or weren't even considered artists at the time
laugh.gif

I noticed that !$!$ when I started from track 1. I was like $$%, this !$!$ is a diss record
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

I think Pac took offense to The Message....

bingo
"Fake thug no love you get the slug/cb4 gusto..." & the verse where nas gets shot and checks out of the hospital.

yep.

which is really ironic cuz he was really dissin Biggie.

Nas&Pac my 2 favorite rappers of all time
pimp.gif

but ironically i listen to Jigga a lot more on a regular basis
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I guess he's #3

Yup, he was mad at the message and how Nas was working with Mobb Deep and running on that "thug" theme. And yeah, Nas admitted in an interview hecried after Pac dissed him
roll.gif

Pac took offense to Nas song about the Gun similar to Pac "Me and My Girlfriend" and Nas bit the "All Eyez on Me" beat..

Nas DID step to Pac with the Whole QB in Tote..the Mobb Deep/ Prodigy diss was the last straw..QB Boys was gonna pop Pac that nite at the Awards..

If this is your first time listening to the album do not skim through it. Pac disses the entire East Coast(mainly NYC MCs) on this album. From the Fugees to the likes of even NaS. Dudes he was previously cool with to artists who weren't even considered artists at the time
laugh.gif

Honestly...Pac was hurting in album sales towards the end of his life. (waiting for Pac fans to insert album sales) Obviously there was somin with The Message,but he was just startin beef so he would have a safety net of songs. He saw how much attention/dollars the Biggie-Pac beef got him. Not many people know it,but right before he died. Biggie was backstage at Pac's concert or vice-versa. Big was just like "Pac what's up with this?" and Pac straighttold him its nothing personal, "Im just tryin to make a dollar." Somin along those lines. It's the same thing with the Nas -Jay Beef. The met upand said lets start a beef. It's all a business and businesses make $$, thats all.

"This lil N name Nas think he live like me, tlkin bout he left the hospital n took five like me"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great Album, one of my favorites

The first line from the song . . .

"Fake thugs get no love, y'all get the slugs . . . "

Pac had no prior beef with Nas, he was actually cool with him. He told Nas the coast battle has nothing to do with you. This is when Nas just finished ItWas Written, Nas was cool with him knowing he dissed em, but kept quiet about it. Thats why 2Pac said eff Nas in the; now famous, House of Blues concert.

Originally Posted by Gello 201

Honestly...Pac was hurting in album sales towards the end of his life. (waiting for Pac fans to insert album sales) Obviously there was somin with The Message, but he was just startin beef so he would have a safety net of songs. He saw how much attention/dollars the Biggie-Pac beef got him. Not many people know it, but right before he died. Biggie was backstage at Pac's concert or vice-versa. Big was just like "Pac what's up with this?" and Pac straight told him its nothing personal, "Im just tryin to make a dollar." Somin along those lines. It's the same thing with the Nas -Jay Beef. The met up and said lets start a beef. It's all a business and businesses make $$, thats all.
Yeah, Pac told em its for the money. Now I dont know about all that Nas Jay battle, because it was a beef between Bleek & Nas, then Jay gotin. It was never Nas vs. Jay @ the beginning until Takeover dropped.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Honestly...Pac was hurting in album sales towards the end of his life. (waiting for Pac fans to insert album sales) Obviously there was somin with The Message, but he was just startin beef so he would have a safety net of songs. He saw how much attention/dollars the Biggie-Pac beef got him. Not many people know it, but right before he died. Biggie was backstage at Pac's concert or vice-versa. Big was just like "Pac what's up with this?" and Pac straight told him its nothing personal, "Im just tryin to make a dollar." Somin along those lines. It's the same thing with the Nas -Jay Beef. The met up and said lets start a beef. It's all a business and businesses make $$, thats all.
Yeah, Pac told em its for the money. Now I dont know about all that Nas Jay battle, because it was a beef between Bleek & Nas, then Jay got in. It was never Nas vs. Jay @ the beginning until Takeover dropped.

Jay and Nas met up before they went at it. But then it got real real personal, needless to say they stopped being friends for a while.
laugh.gif
Again, they saw thedollars from previous beefs, at that time Nas wasnt gonna say no to it. Let's face it, Nas' rap career hasnt age well. Ask any Nas fan includingmyself, Nas' first half of career>over Nas' second half of career...so FAR.

If this is your first time listening to the album do not skim through it. Pac disses the entire East Coast(mainly NYC MCs) on this album. From the Fugees to the likes of even NaS. Dudes he was previously cool with to artists who weren't even considered artists at the time
laugh.gif

When you think someone was behind you getting shot i think its a little more than about dollars

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

laugh.gif

When you think someone was behind you getting shot i think its a little more than about dollars

Someone wants to start shooting OVER the dollars

QB was the only place really putting in work against Cali in the East/West beef... from Nas's subliminals to Mobb Deep to C-N-N & Tragedy Khadafi
pimp.gif

Everyone from Puffy to Fat Joe were too shook to go up against Suge and Death Row.

Originally Posted by M16

QB Queens was the only place really putting in work against Cali in the East/West beef... from Nas's subliminals to Mobb Deep to C-N-N & Tragedy Khadafi
pimp.gif

Everyone from Puffy to Fat Joe were too shook to go up against Suge and Death Row.
Dont forget Royal Flush. He made a song or two throwing shots at Death Row and Bad Boy for not handling theirs.

Back
Top Bottom