Why do people like restaurants?

the worst is people who actually waste $10 at chipotle thinking theyre getting good food :rofl:

Hey, you are talking about me here. I've done both, cooked my own, and went to chipotle. When I buy my own ingredients, it's $2-3 for flour tortillas, $2-3 for shredded cheese, $2 for lettuce, $4 for meat, $1 for peppers. Then I'm at like $14 and most of it goes to waste because you have to buy a bag/head of lettuce, bag of 10 tortillas, bag of cheese, etc.

Last edited:
Cuz im hungry and too lazy to cook, and its fun to go with friends..OP you mad?

really its for convenience. My lady throws down in the kitchen, so I like to take her out to eat since I can only make 4-5 things.

Also, I prefer for someone else to prepare my meals. It seems like I take more time making food than I do eating it. That's that **** I don't like. So I go out and have things and the whole experience and
don't have to worry about her having to wash dishes.

We make money to spend it
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

You are a true G sir. Most women scowl at the thought of cooking AND doing the dishes.

Because eating at home gets boring. I like the atmosphere and busyness of it. Good food is the prize to me
wink.gif

I wonder where ya'll live.

In some cities, there are some really interesting spots to check out. 

Yeah it can get pricey thats why you don't do it all the time. If you're ODing then you have a problem.

For to be so hated, you make good replies.

Hey, you are talking about me here. I've done both, cooked my own, and went to chipotle. When I buy my own ingredients, it's $2-3 for flour tortillas, $2-3 for shredded cheese, $2 for lettuce, $4 for meat, $1 for peppers. Then I'm at like $14 and most of it goes to waste because you have to buy a bag/head of lettuce, bag of 10 tortillas, bag of cheese, etc.

Use the ingredients for other foods ya goof troop. How the hell can lettuce be of waste.

OP, I kind of see where you're coming from, but you come across as a smug elitist.
Like I don't see how people eat dominos in NY. We have great pizzerias every other block. I try to avoid CHAIN restaurants, but I thoroughly enjoy hitting up diners and local restaurants every now and then.

Yeah op going extra hard but its true, its usually a waste of money and applebees, olive garden, and red lobster etc has BS food.

If it wasnt for chicks i'd NEVER go, id rather have a big cypher at the crib and throwdown on some homecooked food or a nice barbecue.

I thought you were going to talk about the more expensive restaurants that are like 40+ for a meal. We're talking about Chipotle... It's like 7 dollars. 

Sometimes when I get home from work at like, 11 and I'm tired, I just don't feel like cooking and doing the dishes afterwards.

I recommend everybody find three to five local BYOB restaurants, mix up the genre. Save on the inflated liquor prices, yet still enjoy a night out with your significant other, over dinner and wine (or beer if you prefer).

I've been living in NYC for a few years now and have yet to find a restaurant I really enjoyed (I know I'm doing it wrong). 

It's been getting me angry that I have spent a good deal of money trying out different restaurants in the city, yet have not found anything to my liking. 

OP why are you even buying your food? You should be growing your own vegetables and raising tilapia to eat. You're either poor or a hipster. Maybe even both.

Side note: just went to dinner at Fogo de Chao spent $150 and will do it again.

You know you don't have to tip when you order take-out, right?

Last edited:
My general tipping guide: 0% for takeout orders. 15% start on sit-down dinners. Drop a couple percentage points if the server is truly terrible. Up a couple percentage points if the server is exceptional. I've gone as high as 20%-25% for phenomenal, out-of-this-world waiters/waitresses.

My bar guide is usually $1 per drink unless it's a friend bartending or a bartender you're trying to grease up for buy-backs.

Most important rule: Do not, I repeat do not over-tip attractive female bartenders showing extreme cleavage. They are physically and aesthetically designed structurally to draw you in for more money, drinks and tips. Most of the time you aren't going home with them, either they have a boyfriend or just aren't interested in you outside the money you spend at their bar.

Back
Top Bottom