Why do women call each other B's VOL. KIX4KIX VS DYILISH ROUND 2

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

"A young boy and his father were out playing football when they were caught at the bottom of a giant pileup. Both were injured and rushed to the hospital. They were wheeled into separate operating rooms and two doctors prepped up to work on them, one doctor for each patient. The doctor operating on the father got started right away, but the doctor assigned to the young boy stared at him in surprise. "I can´t operate on him!" the doctor exclaimed to the staff. "That child is my son!"

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Huh?[/color]

The doctor is his mother.

And cosign everthing Method Man just said. It's a very simple concept and I'll never understand why people can't get it through their heads.

ignorance + immaturity + lack of respect (self and otherwise) = this

...i guess i missed it

"A young boy and his father were out playing football when they were caught at the bottom of a giant pileup. Both were injured and rushed to the hospital. They were wheeled into separate operating rooms and two doctors prepped up to work on them, one doctor for each patient. The doctor operating on the father got started right away, but the doctor assigned to the young boy stared at him in surprise. "I can´t operate on him!" the doctor exclaimed to the staff. "That child is my son!"

I swear I reread this like three times trying to figure out the message and it hit me square in the headwhen I scrolled down and read what homeboy said.
laugh.gif

People always say how society's getting more and more unbiased when it comes to gender and race, but myautomatically assuming the doctor was a man is proof that we have a LONG LONG way to go.

Originally Posted by Method Man

There's a distinction to be made between in-group and out-group that most are already familiar with. You can often get away with calling friends and family members an insulting name because a shared understanding exists between you. If I, on the other hand, attempt to use this same insult as an outsider - even if I do so within moments of your invoking the term - it's far more likely to be interpreted as offensive or, at the very least, presumptuous. Its use assumes a familiarity and connection that does not yet exist. You might tease a significant other by calling him or her stupid, but odds are you wouldn't allow a stranger to refer to them that way.

The irony of in-group/out-group with regard to otherwise offensive terms referring to race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, belief, etc. is the discomfort it creates for privileged groups. In a sexist, androcentric society, men are privileged. They're the social default.

You may have been exposed to the "doctor riddle," the typical response to which often proves this point:

How can that be?"
People tend to come up with incredibly convoluted answers, ripped from soap opera scripts and cheap novels.

For men to feel as though they're not allowed to use a term that women can places them in the unfamiliar role of the outsider. It seems to be this discomfort that so upsets Whites about their sudden inability to get away with using racial slurs. What was, once, a symbol of their power has become publicly contested territory as historically nondominant groups claim their right to self-definition and self-determination.

You may think it's wrong for Fred Sanford to call his son a dummy, but 1) obviously that doesn't give you the right to do it and 2) it's not your decision.

This is not to say that all or even most women would be fine with a woman they don't know referring to them - or any woman - by a term that has so long degraded women - far from it. Calling it a "double standard," though, is inaccurate. It's about choice, and the whole point is that it is NOT, in this case, a man's choice to make.

9f6912dc13eae5389b645f9de8c66b75c54744f5_m.gif

On a side note... Why would other races want to use the N word anyway?

It's not right but here's my personal explanation as to why I thought it should have been deemed acceptable. Growing up as one of the fewminority Asian-American kids in my elementary (majority African-American). They felt because they were the more dominated group on campus that they can throwaround anything and everything related to racial epithets for Asians. It wasn't until one day myself and another friend of mine, caught some folks callingeach other the N-word. Later on in a huge fight over a basketball, I threw out..."FU N-word." and all hell broke loose. What pissed me off was saiddouble standard provided on the basis of them "being the majority" on campus that they felt entitled and privileged to dish out crap to us, when Ifelt it should have been equal. This was long ago, and I don't condone using it despite my best friends who are Black giving me a pass since I'm asMethod Man says "The In Crowd" in their eyes. But this is what compelled me as someone non Black to say such a thing.

I don't think what J Dilla said was that bad.

And honestly the N word doesn't even phase me. If someone called me that I would be like
laugh.gif
seriously? Thats all you got?

Dylishish or whatever her name is, does too much. She can't take a joke, and seems to be one of those females who presses her e-insecurity ontoothers....JJB+NT = Corny poster who doesn't belong.

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

It's not right but here's my personal explanation as to why I thought it should have been deemed acceptable. Growing up as one of the few minority Asian-American kids in my elementary (majority African-American). They felt because they were the more dominated group on campus that they can throw around anything and everything related to racial epithets for Asians. It wasn't until one day myself and another friend of mine, caught some folks calling each other the N-word. Later on in a huge fight over a basketball, I threw out..."FU N-word." and all hell broke loose. What pissed me off was said double standard provided on the basis of them "being the majority" on campus that they felt entitled and privileged to dish out crap to us, when I felt it should have been equal. This was long ago, and I don't condone using it despite my best friends who are Black giving me a pass since I'm as Method Man says "The In Crowd" in their eyes. But this is what compelled me as someone non Black to say such a thing.

laugh.gif
damn son!
those must have been some crazy N__________ on the court.....

j/k

but alot of non blacks call eachother the N word, living in nyc everybody(young people) says it to eachother. i see white, asians, latinos dudes say it to eachother all the time. but latinos used it for like everyother word REALTALK. dudes be like "N_____,N________,N________, no thats my fries N______!" and im like damn thinking its some young black youths and i'll turn around its some spanish young boys. got me like
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
grin.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
in da face like WELL DAMN! dude really said all that? is that the new YO! ?

They weren't crazy just ignorant in my eyes, didn't wanna punk out and lose ground so we held our own. But yeah I see what you mean, I've met a fewNY folks who talk like that despite them being non-black. Like I said I don't really use it, it slips because I'm just being casual and carelesssometimes with my homies that feel comfortable with me throwing it out on occasion though. Glad you at least understood where I'm coming from, rather thanjust "hating" on the spot which is what I usually got at times.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

And honestly the N word doesn't even phase me. If someone called me that I would be like
laugh.gif
seriously? Thats all you got?
I agree. Need to stop giving power to this word

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Dylishish or whatever her name is, does too much. She can't take a joke, and seems to be one of those females who presses her e-insecurity onto others....JJB+NT = Corny poster who doesn't belong.
c0525a648f76a55409ab25ca189826ee8190b98.gif

Originally Posted by Dylishis

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

Whats so bad about that Mao guy? s

if im not mistaken hes like the asian hitler. Responsible for having alot of asians killed. Forgot which country. Dylishis is one of the worst jjb pickups we have here on NT. You can just tell shes uneducated, all jokes aside
Yeah... I forgot too. Hm. Mao Zedong. Sounds like names I've heard before. Maybe he's Mexican.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I thought your avy was funny.

Originally Posted by Method Man

There's a distinction to be made between in-group and out-group that most are already familiar with. You can often get away with calling friends and family members an insulting name because a shared understanding exists between you. If I, on the other hand, attempt to use this same insult as an outsider - even if I do so within moments of your invoking the term - it's far more likely to be interpreted as offensive or, at the very least, presumptuous. Its use assumes a familiarity and connection that does not yet exist. You might tease a significant other by calling him or her stupid, but odds are you wouldn't allow a stranger to refer to them that way.

The irony of in-group/out-group with regard to otherwise offensive terms referring to race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, belief, etc. is the discomfort it creates for privileged groups. In a sexist, androcentric society, men are privileged. They're the social default.

You may have been exposed to the "doctor riddle," the typical response to which often proves this point:

How can that be?"
People tend to come up with incredibly convoluted answers, ripped from soap opera scripts and cheap novels.

For men to feel as though they're not allowed to use a term that women can places them in the unfamiliar role of the outsider. It seems to be this discomfort that so upsets Whites about their sudden inability to get away with using racial slurs. What was, once, a symbol of their power has become publicly contested territory as historically nondominant groups claim their right to self-definition and self-determination.

You may think it's wrong for Fred Sanford to call his son a dummy, but 1) obviously that doesn't give you the right to do it and 2) it's not your decision.

This is not to say that all or even most women would be fine with a woman they don't know referring to them - or any woman - by a term that has so long degraded women - far from it. Calling it a "double standard," though, is inaccurate. It's about choice, and the whole point is that it is NOT, in this case, a man's choice to make.

- jesus. i swear, Method Man's true identity is the biggest mystery on NT. im betting when we finally do find out who Meth is he'll be a black BenjaminLinus moderating from the island
laugh.gif

*highlights and copies Meth's post for any future N-word debate*
roll.gif

Stop it.
ANYTHING specifically directed at another member in a disrespectful way will NOT be tolerated.

If you want to join "J Dilla Himself" on the sidelines, by all means continue. Otherwise, keep the insults to yourself. There arethousands of users here. It would be a miracle if none of our users could think of even one member they found irritating for some reason. If they bother you,hit the ignore button. They have just as much right to be here as you do.

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

I swear I reread this like three times trying to figure out the message and it hit me square in the head when I scrolled down and read what homeboy said.
laugh.gif

People always say how society's getting more and more unbiased when it comes to gender and race, but my automatically assuming the doctor was a man is proof that we have a LONG LONG way to go.

eek.gif
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]there's such thingas female doctors? [/color]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)] J/K PEOPLE[/color]

Dylishish or whatever her name is, does too much. She can't take a joke, and seems to be one of those females who presses her e-insecurity onto others....JJB+NT = Corny poster who doesn't belong.
roll.gif

Excellent execution.

Good grief, kix.
laugh.gif
Stop being weird. I feel like I'm at JJB right now watching one of those chicks go at LimitedRetroOG for no reason whatsoever. Thereis no reason for me to be disturbing your sensibilities like this. It's gonna be ALLLRIGHT, buddy.

But I know why you're (and a few others are) mad. I'm relatively new and I talk too much and usually it's not what you want to hear. I know I talktoo much. That's just what I do. Oh, well... However, I come in peace as I always have... I guess some of you gentlemen are just easily angered and veryterritorial when it comes to your interwebs. Why...Who knows? But unless I succumb to one of these 'flaming' traps you guys seem to be trying tosetting me up for, I'm not going anywhere. So, whatever.
laugh.gif

I thought we were all here to have fun?
frown.gif

See what I mean.
Nah, I don't. Was that an example of her e-insecurity? I haven't seen many of her posts, but I don't see why y'all so bothered byher. Seems like any other Nter.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

It's not right but here's my personal explanation as to why I thought it should have been deemed acceptable. Growing up as one of the few minority Asian-American kids in my elementary (majority African-American). They felt because they were the more dominated group on campus that they can throw around anything and everything related to racial epithets for Asians. It wasn't until one day myself and another friend of mine, caught some folks calling each other the N-word. Later on in a huge fight over a basketball, I threw out..."FU N-word." and all hell broke loose. What pissed me off was said double standard provided on the basis of them "being the majority" on campus that they felt entitled and privileged to dish out crap to us, when I felt it should have been equal. This was long ago, and I don't condone using it despite my best friends who are Black giving me a pass since I'm as Method Man says "The In Crowd" in their eyes. But this is what compelled me as someone non Black to say such a thing.

laugh.gif
damn son!
those must have been some crazy N__________ on the court.....

j/k

but alot of non blacks call eachother the N word, living in nyc everybody(young people) says it to eachother. i see white, asians, latinos dudes say it to eachother all the time. but latinos used it for like everyother word REALTALK. dudes be like "N_____,N________,N________, no thats my fries N______!" and im like damn thinking its some young black youths and i'll turn around its some spanish young boys. got me like
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
grin.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
in da face like WELL DAMN! dude really said all that? is that the new YO! ?

They weren't crazy just ignorant in my eyes, didn't wanna punk out and lose ground so we held our own. But yeah I see what you mean, I've met a few NY folks who talk like that despite them being non-black. Like I said I don't really use it, it slips because I'm just being casual and careless sometimes with my homies that feel comfortable with me throwing it out on occasion though. Glad you at least understood where I'm coming from, rather than just "hating" on the spot which is what I usually got at times.
'preciate that. That was insightful. Brings up another question tho... Why do NY latinos get a free pass?
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom