Why do you believe that there is a god?

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I don't really mind that there are Christians, I just don't like that they're the majority. It definitely hinders progress on a lot of government issues like abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research, etc. It's sad that you HAVE to be a Christian to be president. Like Fox News playing the whole Muslim Obama thing up to appeal to dumb Christian voters.

The religion influence on government is what bothers me the most about the subject. I'm sure that some day in our lifetime we'll see the day that religion doesnt weigh on someone's chances to be president.

Move to the UAE...
...won't have to worry about a "Christian" government over in those parts.

But you can't escape religion...

...athiets/Satanists are fighting such a losing battle.

Don't let the internet fool you...
What if I told everyone that cries racism, "Why don't you just leave if you don't like it?" See how ignorant that sounds? You just said the same thing. This country was founded on the ideals of separation of church and state, why do I have to move? There are a lot countries not ruled by a single religion. I wish this was one of them.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

roll.gif
'look at you go'
son said he knows more about 'this' than I do....
eek.gif

I'm ignorant bro...I don't have any credentials....I'm a nobody. 

AGAIN. THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD IS "WHY DO YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A GOD"
WHY DO YOU THINK THERE IS A GOD, B SMOOTH 202

I don't think. I know. You'll see. 
This isn't going anywhere so lets agree to disagree on whether or not everything in front of you is created for you to see. 

NFh7z.png

Oh ok, so pass your wisdom down then.

ZjJvv.png

So why are you even typing on a message board?

flR4m.png

Another structure? MAYBE YOUR BRAIN WAS GOING HAYWIRE ON ACID. YOU HAD YOUR PROPRIOCEPTIVE NEURONS GOING HAYWIRE. PROPRIOCEPTION IS WHAT ALLOWS THE BRAIN TO UNDERSTAND WHERE ITS LIMBS ARE IN RELATION TO THE REST OF THE BODY. I HAVE STUDIED NEUROSCIENCE MY DUDE. YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE. 

THIS DAMN DRUGGIE THINKS HES DROPPING KNOWLEDGE. 

WHY DOES IT TAKE DRUGS FOR YOU TO EXPERIENCE A "GOD"? DOESN'T THAT GO AGAINST THE ENTIRE POINT?!

rdmUK.png

TOO BAD YOU LIVE IN IT AND BENEFIT FROM IT HUH? 

I got my problems with the system too man...but nothing you're saying PROVES or provides EVIDENCE to the existence of a god(s). 

End of story. 

I don't think. I know. You'll see. 
This isn't going anywhere so lets agree to disagree on whether or not everything in front of you is created for you to see. 
Don't say "i'll see" IF YOU WONT SHOW ME!!!
YOU HAVE NOT DONE THAT EVER IN THE PAST 3-4 DAYS OF THIS THREAD.

Talking about the "matrix" and media misdirection and misinformation and COINTELPRO does NOT prove there is a god. 
You already know how the system uses religion to control people and take advantage of people who believe in a god yet you think your twist on it is any different?

If anything you're PLAYING into their hands! 

For someone who wants it "straight from the hip" you're playing by the same rules they've made you play by. 

If youre going to beat the system you have to step outside of the system. 

FURTHERMORE, stop thinking its only for HUMANS to see. Birds see different wavelengths of the electromagnetic frequency. Elephants can hear different frequencies of vibrations for communication. Other animals have fluid membranes that allow them to detect magnetic disturbances. 

Yet you think by using DRUGS that are known to cause DELUSIONS you have any better grasp on the way things are? 

At least admit your bias and say you don't. 

B SMOOTH .. sir you really are a confused individual.. you're trying to stray away from the GOD question by using "the white man" as a cop out.. are you not part white? or what is your mix? As a white/black individual who grew up in a catholic home I'm proud to say I was able to stray away from the brainwash of religion but not because it's a white/black thing but because religion is mental slavery and it took me until my teenage years to realize that... the white man gave african americans in this country christianity a long time ago... if you do your history hw you will see that as part of the "white man's burden" and a way to rationalize slavery in colonial america white protestants imposed Christianity on their captors.. That is another reason why it baffles me of the astounding numbers of black protestants that forget where their religion came from... to say you believe because you say so is fine but don't act like it is supposed to make sense to any and every inquiring mind.. YOU HAVE NO PROOF..

uh oh we got a neuroscientist in the building...watch out! this man is dangerous
laugh.gif

I'm just a delusional druggie...why bother? 

social life is hierarchal in its order...from top to bottom...and thats why your mad. I have freedoms you don't. 

Your waking consciousness is more deluded than what you see in an OBE....which is objective. 

I know myself..I don't try to know everything else like an atheist does...thats not my role. Do you.. 

the first law of thermodynamics says that energy can be transformed from one form to another but can neither be destroyed nor created. Albert Einstein "proved" that absolutely everything in the universe is energy. it is said that "God" or "Allah" or "the All" is eternal, infinite, with no beginning and no end. in other words, "God" (energy) the substance of everything, the "almighty" is omnipotent (the "source" of all power) omnipresent (everywhere at all times at once) and omniscient (perfectly and eternally "knowing" all things.. before and beyond science, logic, reason, words, awareness, consciousness etc). legendary physicists like Newton, Galileo, Copernicus, Kepler, Planck, Heisenberg and Einstein all believed in some version of God. this "God" is not subjective but is a reference to EVERYTHING in the universe. therefore YOU ARE GOD, you are created of the same substance that creates everything. when you die you are not destroyed but you will transform into another life form. it has nothing to do with religion in the same way niketalk has nothing to do with nike. niketalk could collapse right now and air max would still be in stores. the same can be said for religion and God. it seems we are all discussing the same thing in different terms using different mechanisms in different sides of the brain. it seems most are open minded to scientific theory however some have their minds closed off to the right hemisphere which deals with the more abstract and illogical concepts. what exactly is there to argue?

uh oh we got a neuroscientist in the building...watch out! this man is dangerous
laugh.gif

I'm just a delusional druggie...why bother? 

social life is hierarchal in its order...from top to bottom...and thats why your mad. I have freedoms you don't. 

Your waking consciousness is more deluded than what you see in an OBE....which is objective. 

I know myself..I don't try to know everything else like an atheist does...thats not my role. Do you.. 

None of this has anything to do with the topic of the discussion.

The time for random side conversations has ceased. You've had your say.

Answer the question of the topic of the thread that you refused to any in any post. 

Where is your proof for the existence of a god and why do you believe in a god?

How do you prove anything exists?
and people are calling me a troll....look at this guy 
roll.gif

I don't argue on your terms....you keep making these demands like your saying something....u madd doggie? 

Originally Posted by man listen

the first law of thermodynamics says that energy can be transformed from one form to another but can neither be destroyed nor created. Albert Einstein "proved" that absolutely everything in the universe is energy. it is said that "God" or "Allah" or "the All" is eternal, infinite, with no beginning and no end. in other words, "God" (energy) the substance of everything, the "almighty" is omnipotent (the "source" of all power) omnipresent (everywhere at all times at once) and omniscient (perfectly and eternally "knowing" all things.. before and beyond science, logic, reason, words, awareness, consciousness etc). legendary physicists like Newton, Galileo, Copernicus, Kepler, Planck, Heisenberg and Einstein all believed in some version of God. this "God" is not subjective but is a reference to EVERYTHING in the universe. it has nothing to do with religion in the same way niketalk has nothing to do with nike. niketalk could collapse right now and air max would still be in stores. the same can be said for religion and God. it seems we are all discussing the same thing in different terms using different mechanisms in different sides of the brain. it seems most are open minded to scientific theory however some have their minds closed off to the right hemisphere which deals with the more abstract and illogical concepts. what exactly is there to argue?
Ok...and? 

"it is said" invalidates your point. Does this prove that a god exists or not? I can say "well I think women are all lying prostitutes" does that PROVE women are lying prostitutes???

Additionally to assert that "energy" has personified qualities of knowledge, presence, and power doesn't mean that there is a "god" You're adding these attributes to prove your own point instead of observing that these things exist in the first place.

These "qualities" of god depend on what YOUVE been told to expect from YOUR god. 

Other religions and people of faith have different understandings of this god.

Furthermore, nothing youve said that if this god exists why you should 

A. Pray to it

B. Worship it.

C. Attempt to verbally communicate with it.

D.Introduce it to others

E. Derive rules from it.

All of these are influenced by a particular religion (even though you may not identify with one) that attempts to "interpret" their own god...

The NAMES of people has nothing to do with the ideas they suggest. Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Kim Jong Ill, Baby Doc were all leaders, does that mean their ideas were right? The ideas are independent of the person they originate from. 

You're asserting that their authority makes them capable of being right...its their IDEAS SUPPORTED BY EVIDENCE that makes them right. 

This is known as the logically fallacy of an appeal to authority.

Yeah...but Niketalk and Nike are proven to exist. 

"god" isn't. 

No, you're moving the goal-posts on what you're defining as a god to make it as broad as possible...NEITHER of which has been proven. Just stop already.

SHOW YOUR EVIDENCE FOR THE PROOF OF YOUR GOD AND WHY YOU "BELIEVE" IN IT. 

You've done nothing more than redefine your words. Which does not prove your point. 

Abstract things don't mean illogical things. Creativity doesn't mean being illogical. Creativity only allows you to reinterpret what is already there. It doesn't mean to abandon everything you know. 

You know what a concept is that can be understood?....LOGICAL. 
roll.gif

So what are you talking about? You're just spewing words together in some pseudo-"informed" manner to make it seem like you know what the hell you're talking about. 

How do you prove anything exists?
and people are calling me a troll....look at this guy 
roll.gif

I don't argue on your terms....you keep making these demands like your saying something....u madd doggie? 
Well stop commenting then.
Again, if you assert something. You must prove it.

Provide evidence to EVERYONE HERE why you believe in a god and what your evidence is. 

What happens when you die sillyputty?
Nike is proven to exist...really..what is Nike? 
I don't know what happens when I die. 

I have no reason to think anything happens because everyone who has ever claimed to know has always been alive. 
roll.gif

Do you remember the time before your were born? Its probably like that. 

Who cares. You're DEAD. 

What do you think happens when ants or birds or deer die? Grass? Fungi? Bacteria? Do they go to heaven? If everything thats dead goes somewhere then you would have to assert that everything that dies ends up right where it started and thus there would be no difference. 

What do you think happens when you die?

eek.gif

roll.gif

eek.gif
Are you freaking kidding me!?

My goodness you are daft. 

Nike is a brand. Its an entity. Its a company and the associated products it tangibly produces. 

God is whatever people say it is. If it can't be defined then you're not defining anything. Also if everyone is so certain theirs is completely right either they're ALL right or they're ALL wrong. 

Additionally to assert that "energy" has personified qualities of knowledge, presence, and power doesn't mean that there is a "god" You're adding these attributes to prove your own point instead of observing that these things exist in the first place.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You did not deny that energy is infinite so I assume you agree with it. so how is it that I'm the one "personifying" knowledge, presence and power? energy is everything I would like you to explain how I'm the one personifying it. and where did I say you should pray, worship, etc? you have a habit of bringing up things you already disagree with and acting like I support that...this is why I said you are arguing with yourself. the point of listing Einstein etc. was to show you that the people you rely on for your understanding of the world and therefore have greater minds than you do in turn look to God for their insight. basically these scientists are your medium to God and you indirectly believe in God whether you realize it or not. regardless it's obvious you're not here to further your understanding or have an open dialogue but only to make yourself feel smart by telling everyone that you know everything and have all the answers(like I said...you are God). God bless[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You did not deny that energy is infinite so I assume you agree with it. so how is it that I'm the one "personifying" knowledge, presence and power? energy is everything I would like you to explain how I'm the one personifying it. the point of listing Einstein etc. was to show you that the people you rely on for your understanding of the world and therefore have greater minds than you do in turn look to God for their insight. basically these scientists are your medium to God and you indirectly believe in God whether you realize it or not. regardless it's obvious you're not here to further your understanding or have an open dialogue but only to make yourself feel smart by telling everyone that you know everything and have all the answers. God bless[/font]

No. No. No. No.

Because I didn't deny it doesn't mean I agree with. What the hell is your problem?

Energy is not "infinite" it exists in various quantities and various higher level forms of math and physics can demonstrate the smallest forms of energy and how they exist. I suggest you look into them. Define what you mean by infinite. 

And yes you are personifiying it by saying it has KNOWLEDGE and PRESENCE. What are you talking about? You are giving these things characteristics. 

FYI, they're not greater minds than me. Their IDEAS is what made them who they are, not their names. Know the difference, yet again. Granted someone with 10 articles shown to be true over someone with 1 tends to be more reliable, it doesn't mean that such a person is directly and completely "greater" than someone else. 

The ideas stand independently of their originator. 

Further more they don't "LOOK TO GOD." Even the director of the NIH thinks god did everything and he is a molecular biologist. That doesn't mean anything. 

Additionally, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANY GOD. 

So 2% of the Academy of Sciences believe in a god? What about the other 98% of people you "trust so much" ? Huh? 

You're making the logical leap to saying that scientists are looking to god and using science to interpret god. What the hell does that prove my dude? You haven't even said how this makes sense and much less proves that there is a god.

You are being completely illogical.

I never claimed to have all of the answers. You have by stating that you KNOW a god exists and that it is supposedly responsible for everything...thus I ask you YET AGAIN...where is your PROOF or EVIDENCE for this claim.

You have again failed to show this. 

You saying "god bless" is a religious concept you use to translate your association to some other entity. 

Why do you call your god "god" ? Other people call their god/s MANY different names. Do you think about that?!

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

As much as I kind of do like philosophy and all the tripping on acid or high on some chronic pondering the world type stuff, sometime I just hate it when philosophers start to discuss metaphysics as if it is a branch of actual physics, as if theories can be tested or proven with actual evidence.

I understand a lot of metaphysics touches on quantum physics, which is a whole crazy subject in itself, but don't mix the two. Actual experiments have been conducted to understand quantum physics, and can partially verify quantum physics theories. Don't discuss metaphysical hypotheses as if they are theories or fact, when they can't be tested or proven. May be one day we will be able to, but not for now.

Metaphysical hypotheses are just that, hypotheses, or questions that try to make understanding of something in the world. But, it's pure discussion. No testing is actually done.

In the end metaphysics is just opinion.

grin.gif
what do you think this whole God thing is about??? you can substitute God in every sentence you used metaphysics in. It is a FACT there are dimensions beyond ours, how do we know? Because mathematics tells us.
Mathematics is one of the few solid things you can bank on that is consistent in the universe. It is pretty much the secret language God speaks to us

if you can connect the dots between God, math, DNA, philosophy, physics, metaphysics and science as a whole you can better understand how all of it works. Some of you guys really need to try DMT (Dimethyltriptamine) because the some of things that are being debated are the least important

Wait what? You don't know that. You're just making that up to sound all poetic and metaphysically enlightened. Stop making connections where there are none. Mathematics are arbirtary values that we created to consistently make us aware of measurements and other calculations we made. Just because our number system is base-10 system doesn't mean that its "unique" computers dont operate in base-10 but you don't think their mathematics are "supreme" and the way god talks to computers do you?�
Metaphysics is a pseudoscience. It asserts things that a marginally plausible as fact with NO EVIDENCE. Its just bunch of speculation with no clear conclusions

Honestly once you posted that video I had to write you off, even after I watched all of it. Deepak and his cronies are a bunch of lames who speak in circles without establishing fact only to fleece their audience out of their hard earned money by thinking that the mind has something to do with the external body. Look we can't PROVE any of this but we've got these ideas that could be really awesome so we'll just�propagate�it as really cool ideas that aren't ever supported or can ever be researched.�

I know about DMT. Its a drug released by your brain when you die.

But the FUNNY thing is why you seem to forget that ITS IN YOUR BRAIN.�

Did you ever think about the experiments people have done where the corpus callosum between brains are cut? One half of peoples brains can believe in god and the other can't. That alone shows you that its all in the minds of believers.

Autistic kids, specifically asbergers (sp?) syndrome kids do NOT believe in a god for the most part. They take everything so literally that they can't be fooled by BS. Most of them are atheists because the god concept falls apart when they rationalize it. If a brain disorder can make you think in a certain way then why can't you just admit that its ALL in the mind?

If your entire ability to reason and make decisions are based on capacity of the brain, then what happens to alzheimers patients in heaven? Do their mental faculties get restored to the time they were alive or do they exist as the point they die?

When you die and go to heaven are you the same age as when you die or the "perfect" age? Whatever that means...it could be 10 years old for some or 35 for others. You're not establishing ANY fact here. You're not supporting anything with evidence.

These charlatans with no credibility themselves speak in these terms but conflagrate the meaning of these words. When deepak says "non-local consciousness" he just talks around in circles without establishing a point. THe man is a crock and a phony. What does that even mean? They speak in such ways that people who aren't willing to make sense of it all end up getting taken advantage of because they don't realize NOTHING was said.�

Thank you Sillyputty. Again, it irritates me when individuals post links to garbage that they think are full of fact and knowledge. As stated earlier:

PleasurePhD wrote:
smoke ya later wrote:
Hizzle wrote:

Quite possibly the dumbest post I've seen on NT. "All those facts you posted from major research institutions are stupid bro
herp derp...Errrr, look at this blog for the realness." Also, I've read constantly in this thread how you think you're on another level above other individuals intellectually, but in those same posts it's apparent you don't even know the difference between your and you're. You're an idiot.
roll.gif

It's hilarious and so effing frustrating when people post links to garbage sites, videos, books, or blogs and think that just because something looks, sounds, or is written professionally that it is true knowledge. They take it as fact cause the so called author considers himself an expert in the area. That same author will just reference other "experts" that have non-verified and untested information for his credible sources.

Wake up people I can make a website or even get a book published on just about anything. This doesn't mean that it's true. Most websites and books are OPINION. NOT FACT.

Until you guys post something with credible sources or something that has been tested against peer reviews and followed the scientific method for analysis, no one with a brain will listen to you.

So please just stop posting garbage as your source of credibility. Look into some legit peer reviewed journals.

And, I'm still waiting for this guy to respond back to my questions below, and prove to me his vast knowledge in mathematical physics. But, he probably had enough since he couldn't "hold a debate" with all the "dummies" in this forum, or should I say the world?

So Mr. genius student who has a better understanding of the world then most do, what say you? I do mean to be mean this time around and undermined your post because you are basically saying everyone else is an idiot compared to you. Well we apologize since you're so smart and don't regurgitate what YOU'RE TAUGHT, then please enlighten us and tell us some of the facts and theorems you have synthesized on your own. Have any? If not then any and everything you say is also just regurgitated from someones digestive tract.

PleasurePhD wrote:
Originally Posted by FlyJr22

With a name like [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]PleasurePhd[/color] I hope you're actually living up to it. The only thing I said were facts was the math. Everything else I believe in IS opinion and hypothesis. I'm just a student man I'll be the first to say that. But I will say one thing I understand the world we live in a lot better than a lot ot the people on this board, there's a few people that know what they're talking about and I learn from them, everybody else is talking out of their *** and just saying what they've been taught to say. If I ever post something in a post that possesses intellectual conversation it's because I've examined it to make sense and have at least done some research on the topic. So please miss me with that you have no idea or understanding stuff sir. I'm not even tryina get at you just don't undermine me, I am confident I can hold a debate on any topic anyone brings up on this board. I respect your views even though you really didn't share any you just tried to attenuate what I've said

Since you commented on it, yes I am living up to it. And, may I ask what is it you study? What are you majoring in? Was my assumption right? Are you a philosophy major?I realize the only fact you said was math, but therein lies your fault. Since the math you speak of is based on theoretical models. The math that you claim to know so much of and hold as facts that back up your opinion, actually uses abstract models to fit into theoretical physics models. Such as theories in quantum physics, which as of now is the only theory we can try to test and best fits what we observe to be true. This does not mean that it is a true fact. Nor does it mean the mathematics that supports it is being applied right. Its abstract. I dont mean to undermind you. But, im fairly confident that you dont know more than just the surface of the many different theoretical math models used to explain our universe and theories about multiple universes. Please correct me if im wrong and mathematically prove to me the existence of other "dimensions" and dont link some site or cut and paste info. I want to see your models and proofs. As well as an explanation of the physics it supports.Im going to bed, but ill be back to read your answer later.

btw I'm done. thanks dude

You're done cause your logic falls flat against any questions of evidence or proof.

You seriously are trying to equate a man created law learned in Gen. Chem. to the understanding and existence of God? I swear didn't I just have this conversation? You are spitting out philosophical B.S. that is your opinion and is a metaphysical concept. You think its sounds smart and knowledgeable cause you are posting information from Freshman Intro to Chemistry 101. Which most people not in science haven't taken or read about.

The laws of thermodynamics are upheld in our understanding of the world and universe, but only because our limits of testing can only extend out to examine quantum mechanics. Meaning in the future we could vary well find out some of the laws do not uphold. Just like some of the normal laws (like laws of motion) in physics DO NOT uphold when dealing with extremely large or small quantities of mass at high velocity. This is why quantum physics was theorized.

man listen - sillyputty had the patience to go through every single one of your points, and you just up and leave like that?

Just because the universe is infinite, it doesn't mean that my imaginary friend who I say is also infinite, is real. Does it make it more true if I wrote about his infiniteness on a post-it? Nope.

There is no proof for the existence of any gods, much less any evidence for it, and you know it.

As for the question as to what happens after we die?

After I die, my energy (atoms) will return to the earth, allowing other organisms to utilize it. The remaining organisms will eventually die, and its energy will be utilized by other organisms. One day, when Earth reaches its death, all of our atoms will dispersed across the universe, creating new stars, planets, solar systems, and galaxies. Just as previous stars died to create this Earth, these new stars will create new planets, and within it, new life.

That is more beautiful and more importantly, truer, than anything religion on this Earth has to offer.

I'm still tripping that this dude B Smooth thinks atheism is a plot by white people to control the world.
roll.gif

AND ME AND ANTON ARE MORE BLACK THAN HE IS... 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ole self hatin' ...overcompensatin' cause i'm 1/2 white wanna' be down self...pipe down clown. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom