Why do you still buy J's?

The love of Mj and remembering watching him as a kid glued to the TV thinking that his shoes made him fly. I still get the goosbumps when i see come fly withme or any highlight.

My fiance's little brother is starting to wear Jordan's now he is 13. I met him when he was 8 he liked skateboarding and baseball. A few years laterhe's saying he likes my shoes. So for xmas his mom got both of us the same Melo's. I loved them to ball in and his addiction started. the funny thingis him and all his friends like the Melo's and the Chris Pauls and dont really have the passion for MJ's shoes. So im at his house the other day and ihad on some retro 5's he says Melo and CP3 shoes are better than Jordans and they are better players! First i s@!* my pants. Then i proceded to go home andget all my DVD's and sit him down to watch them.As i am getting goosebumps watching it all over again he couldnt take his eyes off the TV. He was amazed,and it was almost like watchiung myself fall in love all over again. Because thats what it is to me love. MJ is and always will be the best there ever was IMOand to be able to make a kid who never saw him play on NBC or watched his amzing games fall in love like i am thats another reason i still buy J's i cantwait to do the same with my kids..... now he wants all the packs so i took him with me for the cdp 6/17 last week and he is hooked.

1.) because the styling of the shoes (some excluded) are just amazing as far as design goes.
2.) the HUNT! no better feeling then going on a mission, and getting home and cracking that box open and saying to your self, "look what i got here!"

its just an awesome feeling having your paitience for certain releases pay off when you finally get that one pair of shoes that make you say "this is thereason i do this"

and we do it for the love of the shoe....period.

for the love of the shoe. I still need a pair of og white/red 12(brings back memories of middle school)

IV-Grandpa was getting re married and uncle rocked the white and red ones the night before the wedding, with sole all crumbling apart and the cushioning wasspongy (elementary). V-this classmate of mine was rocking his older brothers fire reds, bragging the air pocket and reflective tongue while all i bragged wasthe swoosh nikes beige canvas low top (1st year HS). VI-this classmate of mine was rocking his white infrareds, with sole all crumbly and falling apart (1stand 2nd year HS). VII-traded my british knights dymacel (derrick coleman was their player) to my classmates raptors (2nd year HS). VIII-black based kicks wereso "in" (3rd year HS). IX-my love on Jordans stopped on these, wishing they bring back the VI and VII's again (4th year HS). I never had theluxury of buying Jordans back then, now i'm making it up. just the 4's to 9's only.

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

The love of Mj and remembering watching him as a kid glued to the TV thinking that his shoes made him fly. I still get the goosbumps when i see come fly with me or any highlight.

My fiance's little brother is starting to wear Jordan's now he is 13. I met him when he was 8 he liked skateboarding and baseball. A few years later he's saying he likes my shoes. So for xmas his mom got both of us the same Melo's. I loved them to ball in and his addiction started. the funny thing is him and all his friends like the Melo's and the Chris Pauls and dont really have the passion for MJ's shoes. So im at his house the other day and i had on some retro 5's he says Melo and CP3 shoes are better than Jordans and they are better players! First i s@!* my pants. Then i proceded to go home and get all my DVD's and sit him down to watch them.As i am getting goosebumps watching it all over again he couldnt take his eyes off the TV. He was amazed, and it was almost like watchiung myself fall in love all over again. Because thats what it is to me love. MJ is and always will be the best there ever was IMO and to be able to make a kid who never saw him play on NBC or watched his amzing games fall in love like i am thats another reason i still buy J's i cant wait to do the same with my kids..... now he wants all the packs so i took him with me for the cdp 6/17 last week and he is hooked.

Funny! I JUST did the same thing with my little brother (he is a sophomore in high school) ... got some DVD's and was watching them MYSELF .. and hestumbled in the room ... ended up watching a couple of hours with me .. everytime the DVD switched games .. I would take out my shoes and show my brother theshoes that Jordan had on in the game... brought his first pair of Jordans (BLACK/STEALTH 23'S) and has been saving money ever since. he is going with meSaturday for the white/red XX3 release ... cool story Assassin...
pimp.gif

^^^thanks im just glad i can instill the right parts of this legacy of Jordan to all the youngins out there. its about Michael and then the shoes not the shoesthen MJ.

School them to the game or one day this thing we call JB WILL BE LIKE A DINOSAUR.......extinct!

JORDAN HEADS need to realize that jordan brand has a plan to make everyone a collector. MORE REVENUE

it is ridiculous, how many people think they are og because they have 15-20 pairs

YOU NEED TO STOP

DO BETTER WITH YOUR MONEY BECUASE SOON, ALL THESE SHOES WILL BE IN EVERYONES HANDS, NEW, AND MOST OF ALL WORTHLESS

i forgot to add i only buy shoes to wear and have been a jordan fan my whole life.... but now it has gotten out of hand. ex. spikes, non nike air on the back,horrible quality

basically jordan brand just feeds the hype or the newjacks. they have no loyalty

Originally Posted by zkingofjays

Originally Posted by FREE OJ

as much as i would love to stop i just can't. i am fed up with jordan brand. they put out some mad garbage and some heat occasionally. one word... addiction!

Yup priety much sums it up for me.

Word

Simple for me....I've been a shoe-holic for 20 years. It's my drug of choice...I do nothing else that cost me money...other than raise a family.

Nostalgia, I wore them growing up, I feel inspirational and motivated in them, my hero wore them, not too much else would do it for me, I just really like themover all

Originally Posted by kidLeBron23

why do people still wear Air force ones ??? thats the question eventhough this isnt the nike retro thread

man dont ask stupid questions people wear air forces way more than u think there buddy

I still buy them for the same reason that I started buying them. "If I could be LiKE MIKE". Man those were the good days

Originally Posted by micheal623

So I can get all the shoes I couldn't afford when I was younger, and because I like them.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!! That's the right answer
happy.gif

Also, watchinMJ when I was growin up made me fall in love w/ ery shoe I ever seen him wear. The Wheaties eatin, Gatorade (glass bottle, plain logo) drinkin, MichaelJackson dancin w/ MJ is the player I grew to love, sneakers as well.
pimp.gif

so i can look real cool and all the ladies will think im so sick cause i got some fresh Jordans on and look real hard at the same time.....

haha nah really, it's everything behind each shoe. Ex: what was goin on in your life with each shoe, what was goin on with the bulls and jordan. stuff likethat.. memories= priceless gems

i like to stay fresh and jordans are the flyest shoes regardless of what people say about the quality in 08' releases

Originally Posted by MFDOOM92

Originally Posted by kidLeBron23

why do people still wear Air force ones ??? thats the question eventhough this isnt the nike retro thread

man dont ask stupid questions people wear air forces way more than u think there buddy
correction u still buy forces I buy limited edition forces thats all

To Wear Them!!
I'm Not One To Cop And Let Them Sit, We All Have Our Ways And That's Dope....But I Wear Them Cause I Love Them And Mean Alot To Me.........
Always Rocked Them As A Shorty, And Will Continue To As Long As I Can........SOmething About Slippin My Foot In Them That Makes My Feet Feel AmazingHahahahaha!!

Back
Top Bottom