Why does everyone hate GM,Ford, and Chrysler so much now a days?

Originally Posted by Greezee

Thoughts/opinions on the Mustang 5.0 GT?

I like it but I dont like it. Its hard to explain. I like the ergonomics as well as the performance but as a personal preference I wouldn't buy one.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

roll.gif
 Looking like a variant Aston in the face. 
People don't like american cars much because them @+#!# are ugly. Straight up. 

The only American cars that get love are muscles and trucks/SUVs. Is that not obvious guys? Caddilac gets constant love because they are consistent with quality designs as well as the power to back them up. But outside of that, what american cars are really appealing to the eye? People buy domestic whips because they are affordable. 

The right price on the $$$ tag makes all domestic vehicles look good to someone who doesn't have the funds to afford imports. 
That makes no sense, cars like the Fusion easily compete with the Accord and Camry and their all in the same price range. Looks are subjective, you can't say all American cars besides sports cars and trucks are ugly, to you they may be. Fiesta and the Sonic are right on par with cars like the Fit and Mazda 2, hell the Sonic beat out the Mazda 2 on a head to head test just recently.

Really the only luxury brand America has is Cadillac and i guess you can count Lincoln. Companies like Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are out to compete with Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, etc. Cars from all these Japanese automakers as well as their American rivals are in the same range so their often cross shopped. Someone looking to buy a 3 series or a Lexus IS isn't considering a Fusion or Accord.
So you're telling me that if BMW, Audi, and Mercedes all made entry level vehicles in the price range of the fiesta and the sonic they wouldn't sell more vehicles than Ford/Chevy/Dodge? 
There's a big reason why you see more Toyotas and Hondas/Nissans on the street rather than Fords and Chevy's. The design of domestic cars are trash. Given even the price range, I see more Honda Civic/Accords on the street than anything Ford has on the street. It doesn't matter who they're competing with, the bottom line is, the cars are ugly, and outside of the ones I named, there is no real appealing domestic cars. Its not just my opinion, its obvious when you are out driving to work/school/etc. I know way more people with import vehicles than I know with domestic cars. 

I see more Chargers on the street than I see Ford Fusions. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

roll.gif
 Looking like a variant Aston in the face. 
Depends on how well the cars are made, something has to be sacrificed so quality of materials will obviously go down. Those brands make luxury cars/suvs, the affordable everyday segment isn't their market.

So the cars you see in your area is what the rest of Americas roads look like?

Looks like Fords theme is to make everything have an Aston-esque front.

2013 Focus ST
XNHWb.png

2013 Taurus
O0Lu7.jpg

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Their build qualities are poor. They have been on the rise in terms of performance, though.

that's a good point. American cars are like "yo forget the design and interior looks, put more torque NOW!" 

You know what always surprises me though, at how many F150s they sell every year. Isn't it always the # selling vehicle (not just trucks) every year? Just really astonished how well these trucks sells, not to mention the Silverado seems to come close on a yearly basis as well.

You know what always surprises me though, at how many F150s they sell every year. Isn't it always the # selling vehicle (not just trucks) every year? Just really astonished how well these trucks sells, not to mention the Silverado seems to come close on a yearly basis as well.

You can't beat american trucks and SUVs. They're pretty much the standard across most of the world.

This is largely because of fleet purchases. Both are excellent vehicles though.

Still surprised though, I was just looking up the numbers for their 2011 total sales and the F-Series sold 390k units (almost the same in 2010) and the Silverado sold 320k units while the Camry only sold 308k units. That is 2 years in a row the F-Series beat the Camry but even when the Camry is number 1, I believe the F-Series is still rounding out in the top 5 every year. It's just impressive to me how well it is doing.

Why have the build quality of American cars always been poor? I have been trying to figure that out for years.. Does anyone know?

Originally Posted by FDUB

Why have the build quality of American cars always been poor? I have been trying to figure that out for years.. Does anyone know?

Starts with cheap materials. They use textured or shiny plastic that is meant to emulate something that cost more but the material is so cheap they look cheap either way. Cheap materials equals cheap quality, some of the painted interior parts fade quick.
Then there's the assembly, it's put together horribly. I believe it all beings from the blueprint and how they make the parts connect and attach to each other and most are bad from the start. Plenty of rattling from the inside, parts coming apart, etc... 

These days, I feel build quality is better and materials have improved but not by much. Still too much cheap materials being used even on the Cadillacs. 

I love American cars got a 99 bonneville with 100k on it no problems what so ever and if any do come up can easily be fixed. Foreign cars are cool till you gotta do some type of maintenance on them. My boy has an Audi and has to go to the dealer to get oil changes that run him for about 75-90 dollars. I'm good.

Originally Posted by FDUB

Part of it is the cost of labor.  They are paying about $70/hr. for union labor whereas the "foreign" brands pay about half that.  Thus they must cost costs somewhere in order to try to compete with the other brands.

Another part is that they made separate parts for each car for years.  Thus they would need to redesign everything once a new model came out.  In recent years (especially Ford) they have standardized many parts to ensure better quality across the board.

My gf has a 08 3series.  It has just as much cheap plastic as an American car.

The whole plastic interior complaint is getting old. 

Every maker uses it, American and foreign.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

i see nothing american companies have that are better than imports.
always seem to be 5 years behind on their technology and use cheap parts.
just my opinion

Lol get something foreign that can compete with a ZR1 or ZL1In da same price range.& US truck & SUV game >>>*

Originally Posted by ninjahood

my fave midsized sedan right now is da current ford fusion sport AWD...thing is clean

I bought a 2010 Fusion Sport 6 months ago. Fully loaded, leather seats, navigation, Sony system, rear back up cam etc. I must say, I am more than pleased with this ride. Even though I wish it was AWD, it drives smooth as hell with just the amount of power I need. I've driven my sister's Lexus IS 250, and my cousin's 2009 Infinity G35 sport, and it surprised me that Ford took the initiative to make this an enjoyable car to drive. Interior is not cheap either, I actually think my interior is comparable to my sister's IS 250 IMO. 
Looks exactly like this one, except mine has a black grill instead of chrome.

Originally Posted by LarryEastwood

I love American cars got a 99 bonneville with 100k on it no problems what so ever and if any do come up can easily be fixed. Foreign cars are cool till you gotta do some type of maintenance on them. My boy has an Audi and has to go to the dealer to get oil changes that run him for about 75-90 dollars. I'm good.

roll.gif
 @ comparing a '99 Bonneville to an Audi. To make it more fair, how about you compare it to Toyota, Nissan, Honda and even Hyundai in terms of maintenance and repairs?

My family has been nothing but Toyota since the 80's. They both decided to go with Chevy one year and went back to Toyota in less than a year. I drive an 02 Tundra and have never had a problem with it.

my fave midsized sedan right now is da current ford fusion sport AWD...thing is clean

2013 Ford Fusion > Current Ford Fusion
dlJ7p.jpg

Naw, they not fittin anythin bigger then 4 bangers in this poor mansAston... :-/

Lol get something foreign that can compete with a ZR1 or ZL1In da same price range. 
Key word is "compete" not beat, then here you go. Also keep in mind, this is $20k cheaper. And i think it did beat the ZR1 in the Ring in a stock-for-stock car.
k0uQN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom