Why does everyone hate GM,Ford, and Chrysler so much now a days?

Originally Posted by odog24

because they received billions in bailouts might be one reason

show how much you know, they paid it back and quickly too.

95% of NTers hate on them because they are brainwashed and are obsessed with crappy BMW's and most cant afford and if they do its a used one with 99k miles on it.

SRT8>>>>Euro trash.

/thread

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Well what type of cars do they drive? I'm specifically talking about the core midsize/compact market over the last decade. Not including pickups/suvs which (based on what I've seen) have sold more than their car counterparts. Cars such as Accord, Camry, Fusion, Malibu, Civic, Corolla, Focus, Fiesta, Sonic, etc. Until very recently with the new Fusion/Fiesta I've never heard anyone really give any consideration to any American car.
Not including SUV's or trucks, why not? Do you know how many families have brand loyalty to Chevy and Ford due to their truck or SUV. Brand loyalty stems from having one model that someone fell in love with and led them to buying another car/truck/suv from that same company. F150 is the best selling thing on four wheels in this country, someone falling in love with it decides to buy a car for their family or for their wife, etc could lead to a sale to a Fusion, Taurus, Focus, or Fiesta.

I love all cars, i don't care what country its from but i hate to see American cars still getting hate for bad cars they made in the past. Theirs a lot of bang for your buck with them and you can get pretty much any type of car you want from a domestic automaker. Truck, luxury, suv, sports car...everything.

Thats exactly my point which you seem to be missing. Their past focus was heavily on SUV's and trucks that they neglected that particular market segment which a considerable amount of car buyers are looking to purchase in. Once gas prices started to go up and consumers began to switch to more fuel efficient cars was when they finally decided to seriously develop cars in that market and only now do you see cars like the Fusion and the Fiesta seriously competing with Honda/Toyota.
I see what you mean. Back in the 90s Fords flagship besides the Explorer was the Taurus, besides the Impala i don't really know what Chevys family car was. Don't know exactly how many Taurus's were sold compared to the Camry and Accord but it was definitely a popular car at the time. Think the late 90s is when more people went Japanese when it came to sedans. Sports cars, pickups, and minivans from the American makers kept them in the game when the rest of their lineup was subpar.

I don't know but my family bought a 2005 ford ranger for me & my bro & that truck was terrible (mad uncomfy, cheap interior plastic panels, terrible suspension, transmission issues, horrible turning radius).

Fast forward to this past weekend, I rent a brand new 2012 Ford Escape 4WD (to go to Tahoe) and nothing has changed. Still uncomfy, same interior, transmission lagging, over-revving, etc.

Even the employees at Hertz warned me that it drives poorly
grin.gif

Originally Posted by cw0974

Originally Posted by Girl Thats Drob

Originally Posted by ninjahood

NT is coastal biased, da majority of us come from NY or CALI and those states are da ones that favor foreign cars over domestics da most, you go to da midwest or south

and its all American classics.
This is true. But come on dude Cadillac's top beating out MB by 8 cars? And peep the other GM brands 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. At the end of the day, American cars are just crap compared to foreign cars when it comes to quality, reliability and safety (obviously). 
There's no debate.
thank you.
last time i checked, JD power was more qualified then all 3 of us..so yea, caddies are top 3 in da world..over benz.

Originally Posted by wcghost

I don't know but my family bought a 2005 ford ranger for me & my bro & that truck was terrible (mad uncomfy, cheap interior plastic panels, terrible suspension, transmission issues, horrible turning radius).

Fast forward to this past weekend, I rent a brand new 2012 Ford Escape 4WD (to go to Tahoe) and nothing has changed. Still uncomfy, same interior, transmission lagging, over-revving, etc.

Even the employees at Hertz warned me that it drives poorly
grin.gif
alot of people swear on da ford ranger though....probably da best compact pickup for years.

I don't know about that, again like dude said i guess it depends where your from. I know several people that have brand loyalty to an American brand. Same can be said for foreign cars but i wouldn't say the majority of families have brand loyalty to Japanese or European. Keep in mind also that their are more than double the amount of American cars on the road compared to foreign so that says a lot about American. On a side note this thread will turn into a foreign vs. domestic war by the end of page two.
Well what type of cars do they drive? I'm specifically talking about the core midsize/compact market over the last decade. Not including pickups/suvs which (based on what I've seen) have sold more than their car counterparts. Cars such as Accord, Camry, Fusion, Malibu, Civic, Corolla, Focus, Fiesta, Sonic, etc. Until very recently with the new Fusion/Fiesta I've never heard anyone really give any consideration to any American car.
Not including SUV's or trucks, why not? Do you know how many families have brand loyalty to Chevy and Ford due to their truck or SUV. Brand loyalty stems from having one model that someone fell in love with and led them to buying another car/truck/suv from that same company. F150 is the best selling thing on four wheels in this country, someone falling in love with it decides to buy a car for their family or for their wife, etc could lead to a sale to a Fusion, Taurus, Focus, or Fiesta.

I love all cars, i don't care what country its from but i hate to see American cars still getting hate for bad cars they made in the past. Theirs a lot of bang for your buck with them and you can get pretty much any type of car you want from a domestic automaker. Truck, luxury, suv, sports car...everything.
word, loyalty does definitely exist. My family wont buy anything other than chevy when it comes to trucks.

Y'all like them foreign cars cuz the name...

Cadillacs are dope...

I'm in da ninjahood corner fambs...

Straight up.

American whips...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ford is good in my book.  the others are ehhhhh.  if they dropped a turbo awd focus i'd cop for sure. 

my fave midsized sedan right now is da current ford fusion sport AWD...thing is clean

i'd push a ford edge 
pimp.gif

cant knock the foreign companies for focusing on design. american car engines and other mechanical quality were fine but you have to sell it through the eye. 

On a business stand point they were very irresponsible to give the benefits, salaries and pensions they promised, and also to build so many equivalent models (GM). The quality is average at best and same goes for performance (Small and midsize Cars). And they destroy their own values of their vehicles by giving huge rebates and doing promotions like employee discount. Im a loan underwriter and I see people buy Silverados for as high as 55k! By year end Chevy, Dodge and Ford will give big discounts to liquidate their heavy inventory and screw over their past customers and driving down their resale values. Compare a japanese import for example thats say 4 years to an equivalent american made car and see what car holds value. This is why alot of people are so upside down their vehicles. And lets not forget the high interest rates they charge with their in house financing and high cost for warranties etc etc etc.

On a personal note every american made car I bought used or new and friends and family that bought them all have had problems. ALL OF THEM. And this goes from cars to SUVs to Trucks.

Ive had Subaru, Toyota and Hondas and all of them had minimal issues.

It really is all subjective.  I don't care about speed, horse-power, 0-60 time.  I just want a good reliable car that is relatively cheap and can make the long drive to work each day.  I want the car to start every day and run for 200k miles and have good gas mileage.  I bought a toyota corrola and couldn't be happier.  I am more then likely a customer for life now.  My next car will be a prius thanks to these gas prices.
I think it is all customer loyalty.  You have a good experience with a car you are likely to return to that brand.  My boss has an Acura integra from '99 with 280k miles.  She owns 3 acuras now and even bought her kid an RSX as a first car.  Loyalty is big, and it spreads word of mouth.  Ask anyone if they like their car and you will hear a ramble about how much they love it or all the issues they have had.  There won't be too many indifferent answers.

my fave midsized sedan right now is da current ford fusion sport AWD...thing is clean
while by far not my favorite car, Fusions are pretty nice.

i see nothing american companies have that are better than imports.
always seem to be 5 years behind on their technology and use cheap parts.
just my opinion

Originally Posted by cw0974

Originally Posted by Girl Thats Drob

This is true. But come on dude Cadillac's top beating out MB by 8 cars? And peep the other GM brands 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. At the end of the day, American cars are just crap compared to foreign cars when it comes to quality, reliability and safety (obviously). 
There's no debate.
thank you.
last time i checked, JD power was more qualified then all 3 of us..so yea, caddies are top 3 in da world..over benz.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...-jd-powers-2010-vehicle-dependability-survey/ 
“Long term

I have a 2010 jeep liberty limited........ no problems for me. Leather sun roof navigation touch screen, parking assistance, luxury to me lol.

I just went from my '05 Cadillac STS to a CTS Coupe and I never even considered going to another luxury brand. The only thing Mercedes has that is comparable in price&style to the CTS Coupe is a "C" Class which is just garbage and underpowered and that was even confirmed to me by a Benz technician. That left me with BMW which I don't like and Audi. Out of all of them, the only real competition was the A5 Coupe which is just a little too bland for my taste and it doesn't help that I see them everywhere. 
Door handles? Nah I'm good on that. 
grin.gif

2012-Cadillac-CTS-coupe-rear-three-quarter-2.jpg

^^

Thinking about doing the exact same thing with my 06 STS ... But that XTS is really tempting too.
pimp.gif

Got pics of your coupe?

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

^^

Thinking about doing the exact same thing with my 06 STS ... But that XTS is really tempting too.
pimp.gif

Got pics of your coupe?
Go for it.. the ride on this thing is beyond smooth and it comes standard with the 3.6 DI V6 making 318HP. Part of me really wanted to wait for the XTS especially with the new "CUE" tech that's gonna be in there but I just had to have the Coupe. I'll snap some pics and put them in the post your ride thread.

Back
Top Bottom