why does everyone smoke newports

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

Originally Posted by King Beef

Watch people come FLOCKIN. It's def one of the fan favorites but they are just so damn expensive. I don't really smoke cigs like I used to though.

what are you talking about newports are cheaper than most brands like marbs, parliments, or camels. everyone in hs used to start with them...then moved on because they have fiberglass in them it'll cut up your throat. it's refreshing once in a while but gets really sickening after a while.
IDK about you but the last pack of newports (they were newport lights/golds) I bought were more than $7.25 for one pack.
smh.gif

Watch people come FLOCKIN. It's def one of the fan favorites but they are just so damn expensive. I don't really smoke cigs like I used to though.

what are you talking about newports are cheaper than most brands like marbs, parliments, or camels. everyone in hs used to start with them...then moved on because they have fiberglass in them it'll cut up your throat. it's refreshing once in a while but gets really sickening after a while.
IDK about you but the last pack of newports (they were newport lights/golds) I bought were more than $7.25 for one pack.
smh.gif
Maybe I'm perpetuating a stereotype, but I think in urban areas Newport prices are really high because there's a bigger market.  I see places in CT where they're advertised on special for like $8.  I don't smoke, but I always take note of prices because I think of all the stuff I could buy with that money. 

Originally Posted by CjGenius368

smh.gif
Maybe I'm perpetuating a stereotype, but I think in urban areas Newport prices are really high because there's a bigger market.  I see places in CT where they're advertised on special for like $8.  I don't smoke, but I always take note of prices because I think of all the stuff I could buy with that money. 
I work at a gas station in a hood area (Richmond CA) and Newports are one of the more expensive cigarettes. It is crazy to see no matter how much we raise the prices, people keep buying them. They give us $$!# pretend to walk out, then they come back in swearing it is their last time.We sell them for $5.75, but you can cop a pack of Camel Crush for $4.75, Kool for $5.45, and all those generic menthol's for $4, yet every still gets Newports. And for the record although a lot of black like Newport's all races get them, a lot of Asians have dropped Marlboro and gone to Newports.

smh.gif
8.50 here in bridgeport ct, but that has nothing to do with it being an urban area

ct passed a $1.60 tax on cigs about 6 months ago, so all cigs went up in price not just newports, marbs are 8.50 too

Newports are definitely a favorite amongst Blacks, don't know too many Whites that smoke them though. I personally hate Newports and menthols of any sort I just don't like the cold sensation they give you in your throat, I smoke Marlboro Reds.

As corny as it sounds, I started out with 'Ports because A.) that's what everyone smoked and B.) because that's what Pac stayed advertising. After awhile I tried other brands but I always kept coming back to them.

I still remember stealing a pack of regular Newports and a pack of Lights, and the contemplation on which one to use as my first cigarette. lol I went with the regular joints and felt like I was zooted for a good 30 minutes. Had me in the library before school with my head in my hands looking stupid.

Originally Posted by classified

i used to smoke em after i lit up, when i quit blazin' it just stuck. it enhanced the high for me, thats why i smoked em though.
this

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Newports hit harder. And they're menthol.

That's basically it for me. It hit so hard that I had to stop. I moved onto Marlboro Lights, hopefully nothing by the end of this year.
I had to quit smoking Ports and menthol in general...it hurt my lungs to the point that I could feel it. I moved to American Spirits,
but like you, by the end of the year I'm not gonna smoke cigs. Cigs are just like crack, they just kill you slower.

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

smh.gif
I work at a gas station in a hood area (Richmond CA) and Newports are one of the more expensive cigarettes. It is crazy to see no matter how much we raise the prices, people keep buying them. They give us $$!# pretend to walk out, then they come back in swearing it is their last time.We sell them for $5.75, but you can cop a pack of Camel Crush for $4.75, Kool for $5.45, and all those generic menthol's for $4, yet every still gets Newports. And for the record although a lot of black like Newport's all races get them, a lot of Asians have dropped Marlboro and gone to Newports.

where you work in richmond? or what side of the rich?

Back
Top Bottom