why does everyone smoke newports

Originally Posted by NooEra

No one said Newports are for black people yet? What's NT coming to?

i was waiting for that...mostly "urban ppl" smoke those, but i seen all types of ppl smoke em

sidenote: i have never smoked a ciggerette in my life....(No black lungs FTW!)<ill prolly got a messed up liver tho>

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

why do people smoke, period? %%!+ is disgusting
sick.gif

^^^^ this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

As corny as it sounds, I started out with 'Ports because A.) that's what everyone smoked and B.) because that's what Pac stayed advertising. After awhile I tried other brands but I always kept coming back to them.

I still remember stealing a pack of regular Newports and a pack of Lights, and the contemplation on which one to use as my first cigarette. lol I went with the regular joints and felt like I was zooted for a good 30 minutes. Had me in the library before school with my head in my hands looking stupid.
roll.gif

I actually smoked bud for a while before I tried ciggys..
For some reason I get no "buzz" I mean I'm not expecting anything remotely close to weed, but I should at least feel something.
I tried different inhaling techniques but nothing... Well at least its one less thing for me to waste money on..

i'll take a newport when im out drinking...

i don't know what it is...but those first couple puffs of the 'port really amplify my intoxication.

seniosoul wrote:

FromThaTown wrote:

JustScoreda100 wrote:

Newports hit harder. And they're menthol.

That's basically it for me. It hit so hard that I had to stop. I moved onto
Marlboro Lights, hopefully nothing by the end of this year.
I had to quit smoking Ports and menthol in general...it hurt my lungs to
the point that I could feel it. I moved to American Spirits,
but like you, by the end of the year I'm not gonna smoke cigs. Cigs are
just like crack, they just kill you slower.

I too moved from newports to american spirits and never went back but there high as hell in price in los angeles some places $7 to 8 bucks damn !!! Lol I'm going to stop though

Newport lights are my fav, but cigs are $$$ now so i usually just buy marb menthol cuz there always 1$ off.

Every couple weeks ill buy a pack of newports but after half a pack my throat is killing me. They really are harsh, but after smoking bud
nothing beats a newport

never really liked cigs, I liked newports tho, they're nice to smoke after gettin high. smoked weed for a year on and off, then another year straight (like anywhere from 1 blunt a day to 10) I just stopped recently tho, moms found out and was crying in front of me, that $h!+ hurt man....
tired.gif
back to sports and the healthy life cuz that's only thing that keeps me from smokin
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

Originally Posted by CjGenius368

Originally Posted by King Beef

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

Originally Posted by King Beef

Watch people come FLOCKIN. It's def one of the fan favorites but they are just so damn expensive. I don't really smoke cigs like I used to though.

what are you talking about newports are cheaper than most brands like marbs, parliments, or camels. everyone in hs used to start with them...then moved on because they have fiberglass in them it'll cut up your throat. it's refreshing once in a while but gets really sickening after a while.
IDK about you but the last pack of newports (they were newport lights/golds) I bought were more than $7.25 for one pack.
smh.gif
Maybe I'm perpetuating a stereotype, but I think in urban areas Newport prices are really high because there's a bigger market.  I see places in CT where they're advertised on special for like $8.  I don't smoke, but I always take note of prices because I think of all the stuff I could buy with that money. 
I work at a gas station in a hood area (Richmond CA) and Newports are one of the more expensive cigarettes. It is crazy to see no matter how much we raise the prices, people keep buying them. They give us $$!# pretend to walk out, then they come back in swearing it is their last time.We sell them for $5.75, but you can cop a pack of Camel Crush for $4.75, Kool for $5.45, and all those generic menthol's for $4, yet every still gets Newports. And for the record although a lot of black like Newport's all races get them, a lot of Asians have dropped Marlboro and gone to Newports.

where you work in richmond? or what side of the rich?
San Pablo, World Oil Gas Station. Tell me your a NTer give you 25 cents off your pack
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

That's basically it for me. It hit so hard that I had to stop. I moved onto Marlboro Lights, hopefully nothing by the end of this year.
I had to quit smoking Ports and menthol in general...it hurt my lungs to the point that I could feel it. I moved to American Spirits,
but like you, by the end of the year I'm not gonna smoke cigs. Cigs are just like crack, they just kill you slower.
That's why I want to quit. It's more like a game to me. I've quit a lot of things in my life, from gambling, E, coke, and womanizing.  Cigarettes is the last thing I need to quit. I always take things to the max, that's how my personality is. But it gets me pissed that a damn cigarette has some( well not some, alot) of control over me. That's how I just feel about it.

That's basically it for me. It hit so hard that I had to stop. I moved onto Marlboro Lights, hopefully nothing by the end of this year.
I had to quit smoking Ports and menthol in general...it hurt my lungs to the point that I could feel it. I moved to American Spirits,
but like you, by the end of the year I'm not gonna smoke cigs. Cigs are just like crack, they just kill you slower.
That's why I want to quit. It's more like a game to me. I've quit a lot of things in my life, from gambling, E, coke, and womanizing.  Cigarettes is the last thing I need to quit. I always take things to the max, that's how my personality is. But it gets me pissed that a damn cigarette has some( well not some, alot) of control over me. That's how I just feel about it.

man you aint lyin..I had buddies that smoked ice for years and was able to quit, but they said they can't quit cigs.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

man you aint lyin..I had buddies that smoked ice for years and was able to quit, but they said they can't quit cigs.
hopefully this will be the year. I quit off of a bet for a whole year, but right when that year was over,  no less than a minute when it hit twelve. I had my first cig in a year. The thing is, you first smoke to be cool, and you like the feeling of smoking mixed with other substance. but once the cool factor is over, cigs are highly addictive. I got an uncle that is a "casual" smoker. Dude doesn't smoke unless he drinks, but man, when he drinks, this man is chain smoking like he's the mechanic of the block, fixing cars. It makes me think that you can either quit smoking or keep smoking, there is no in between with this one cause the fiending feeling is always there unless you quit.

Back
Top Bottom