Why Does Feminism Scare You?

A man should know how to cook and clean. Anyone that doesn’t clean or practice habits of hygiene (home, body, vehicle, etc) is a nasty person

I was being sarcastic. A man who cant cook and clean is useless. I like my own cooking and I'm neater than my wife :rofl:

Can't answer that question until we have an established definition of what feminism entails. On the surface I agree with the basic tenants of the principles of feminism, but because it branches off in so many directions I can't narrow it down to say if it scares me or not.

Feminism scares me because, in it's current form, with the current family legislation in place, it is destructive to the concept of traditional nuclear families.

I believe children have better outcomes in 2 parent households, yet in our current legal framework, women practicing hypergamy or single parenthood is incentivized. When you combine that with increased socioeconomic progress for women, men are left with gutted leverage in supporting a family.

Can't answer that question until we have an established definition of what feminism entails. On the surface I agree with the basic tenants of the principles of feminism, but because it branches off in so many directions I can't narrow it down to say if it scares me or not.

Misogynists trivialize it. It's fairly simple.

Equal opportunities for achievement in various institutions including work force, education, politics etc. Which includes equity in funding.

Protection from historic actions of male aggression and microaggressions eg. (reproductive rights protection from unwanted advances, stereotyping)

I can see why these principles would scare some men though :lol:

Feminism scares me because, in it's current form, with the current family legislation in place, it is destructive to the concept of traditional nuclear families.

I believe children have better outcomes in 2 parent households, yet in our current legal framework, women practicing hypergamy or single parenthood is incentivized. When you combine that with increased socioeconomic progress for women, men are left with gutted leverage in supporting a family.

Aka men may have to do housework and women be the bread winners. That sounds like a problem for low value men.

Bigots typically think equity and equality means less rights for them. Some men are scared they actually have to earn their place in corporate America.

Feminism isn't a threat to a 2 parent household. Find someone who is successful and wants a corperative two parent household. Chose your partners wisely and put your ego away. With things getting more difficult and competitive why wouldn't you want another source of income in your household?

WNBA players should be paid the same as NBA players :smokin

Equality actually means our international female soccer team should be paid more than the men.

Serena, Venus, and Osaka should be paid more than "insert American male tennis player".

Female gymnasts should be paid more than men.

That hasn't always been the case throughout history men have been getting higher pay whether or not they deserve it.

Equality should take equity into the decision of what someone deserves. Unexceptional men throughout history get paid more than more qualified women.

The same can be applied to race.

Last edited:
Serena, Venus, and Osaka should be paid more than "insert American male tennis player".
The top 10 highest paid tennis players is split 50/50 between men and women. Serena is #2 behind Novak.

Im not sure you understand how tennis players get paid. Or even know much about tennis, as Venus isnt even in the top 100.

The top 10 highest paid tennis players is split 50/50 between men and women. Serena is #2 behind Novak.

Im not sure you understand how tennis players get paid. Or even know much about tennis, as Venus isnt even in the top 100.

You also have to account for popularity. Serena is a more marketable player than any of those men. She increased the popularity and marketability of a sport no one used to give a sh*t about, atleast in this country.. Osaka did the same for her generation.

Not only do these players dominate but they bring in a lot of revenue for the sport and made it more mainstream.

The US national team has brought in higher revenues than the men and still had to fight for equal pay. That's embarrassing.

You also have to account for popularity. Serena is a more marketable player than any of those men. She increased the popularity and marketability of a sport no one used to give a sh*t about, atleast in this country.. Osaka did the same for her generation.

Not only do these players dominate but they bring in a lot of revenue for the sport and made it more mainstream.

Lol Osaka doesnt "dominate". Shes good, very good, but she doesnt "dominate".

Aka men may have to do housework and women be the bread winners. That sounds like a problem for low value men.

Bigots typically think equity and equality means less rights for them. Some men are scared they actually have to earn their place in corporate America.

Feminism isn't a threat to a 2 parent household. Find someone who is successful and wants a corperative two parent household. Chose your partners wisely and put your ego away. With things getting more difficult and competitive why wouldn't you want another source of income in your household?

No, gender roles is not quite what I'm talking about. It would be fine to me if women wanted to be breadwinners. They don't though. The majority of women want men to provide for necessities and their money to be a luxury.
To say feminism isnt a threat to the nuclear 2 parent household really ignores a lot of statistics around separation and divorce. When times get tough, women don't want to "put up" with not getting what they want. They feel entitled in relationships and because they have the money to do so (which they absolutely should have the right to make) they leave. The children suffer because modern women are inherently selfish.

Edit. And regarding extra household income. The excess in the labor force is keeping wages lower than they should be and childcare costs are astronomical anyway.

You should be be better at choosing a partner.

This is almost completely wrong.

-I would say that most single mother's are the result of the father abandoning the mother and the kid.
-I believe a 2 parent household may yield a more successful kid, but here's so many variables that can make it go wrong all the same.
-Individuals may take advantage of the legal system to milk the other spouse into paying child support, but I don't believe feminist promote.
-One gender's growing success doesn't result in the other gender's downfall. We are now in a world where both parents have to work, I would say that may be a bigger factor(and economic hardship) in disrupting the nuclear family.

The whole point of mainstream Feminism is to promote fair treatment, disestablish any stereotypical expectations, and empower women to do things that weren't possible in the past. To be against these values as a minority whose ancestors faced oppression and devaluation, it's ***-backwards to see this as a negative movement.

This is almost completely wrong.

-I would say that most single mother's are the result of the father abandoning the mother and the kid.
-I believe a 2 parent household may yield a more successful kid, but here's so many variables that can make it go wrong all the same.
-Individuals may take advantage of the legal system to milk the other spouse into paying child support, but I don't believe feminist promote.
-One gender's growing success doesn't result in the other gender's downfall. We are now in a world where both parents have to work, I would say that may be a bigger factor(and economic hardship) in disrupting the nuclear family.

The whole point of mainstream Feminism is to promote fair treatment, disestablish any stereotypical expectations, and empower women to do things that weren't possible in the past. To be against these values as a minority whose ancestors faced oppression and devaluation, it's ***-backwards to see this as a negative movement.

Seriously? 80% of divorces initiated by women tells me men are not abandoning their children.

2 parents households yield more successful, well adjusted children. What variables should trump that? Outside of abuse. Only selfish ones.

Feminist definitely promote independent "don't need no man" women but I guess it again falls into a define which feminist argument.

feminism bears some responsibility in the need of both parents need to work. If you don't understand that then you don't understand basic supply and demand economics.

Like others have said. Stereotypical expectations of men never changed with the movement. That's why I don't buy into that claim. They changed the expectation of women to dutifully and respectfully serve their man and household to more equally split that domestic responsibility but they still expect to be protected like children

Back
Top Bottom