Why Have Jay & Nas Left Premo in the 90s

I aint holding my breath on Premo being on either of they're albums let alone producing an entire album.

I'd honestly rather another Preme/KRS album.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'm convinced it's one of these:

- In real life/studio Premo is an a-hole and/or those dudes who don't work with him ever again or for a long time had a bad experience with dude.(Only thing I have going off this is that he was banging Jeru The Damaja's sister and that's why they stopped working together
laugh.gif
)

- They think that even when the song comes out dope that the beat outshines their lyrics(even if it's just in their head)

- They're stupid..... and they're bad at reaching out to a producer they've basically haven't contacted in a long time.
can't keep doing the same sound every year every album
You say this as if Premo has produced whole albums or the majority of any of these two artists' albums in particular. You say this as if Ol Man Jigga doesn't continually work with Pharrell and Just Blaze, like NaS doesn't ALWAYS have a Salam Remi beat on most of his albums.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

times change...
...... but the beats are still good/great high quality

Then again when was the last time these dudes worked with Pete?
smh.gif

his sound is outdated... they (esp jay) were after commercial success... premo wasnt gone get him no h to the izzo... and nas... well we all kno nas dont like good beats... premo kept lacing him and he got pissed...

It still don't make no sense. You seem a little to single focused. I know you can't say every track on the last 4 Jay albums all had theequal potential to give him commercial success. I see this thread as why can't one of these dudes even work with Premo for an album cut? Like itwouldn't be dope. If his sound is outdated JB's was never in style. Every producer has a identifiable sound from 9th to Timbo to Dilla and so on butPremo's is outdated?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Hogwash I say, you surely jest.

As for everyone else, Premo has moved on to other groups, other new dope MCs like Reks and lacing Royce with heat rock.
pimp.gif
Dude don't need Ol Man Jigga or NaS but the thing is it would be nice tohear a couple joints from them cuz when they do it's beautiful music.

Its not like Premier is just sitting around waiting on them...I think its mainly that they both have producers right now who sound they like.

when i say outdated i mean in the mainstream... have any of them dudes ever produced a #1 single? that chopped up sample %@%@ just dont fly wit the genereal record buying public...

and ever for an album cut... its would just sound old school imo... wouldnt fit wit the rest of the album... he needs to play/have someone play over his samples
You right in that aspect of it being outdated but I can't blame Premo for the mainstream becoming defined as only love songs, club/partytracks, or what some ppl call "fun" songs. IMO there was nothing wrong with the days of Protect Ya Neck being a #1 single or something thatdefinitely wouldn't get any burn in the mainstream.....

Every artist know that if they go to the studio with Premo,that they are creating a song not just a hook over a beat,and have to spit high level bars for the whole song,if not the beat will expose you (...see Group Home),for being a lackluster MC.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I heard Primo did something during the Jay/Nas beef and Jay thought he sided with Nas hence the lack of Primo on jz sryff

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
if you think Primo's outdated. off yourself with a jagged knife.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Every artist know that if they go to the studio with Premo,that they are creating a song not just a hook over a beat,and have to spit high level bars for the whole song,if not the beat will expose you (...see Group Home),for being a lackluster MC.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
if you think Primo's outdated. off yourself with a jagged knife.

Premo can never get outdated... The definition of a classic sound
pimp.gif

I can't speak on Jay, but because Nas is my favorite rapper ever, I'll just go on record to say its because he's a genuwine !#%# up when it comesto music relationship. Charllie is bi-polar or something
smh.gif

No reason what so ever to explain why we haven't had a song with him and Preemo since 2nd Childhood

No reason what so ever to explain why we haven't had a song with Him and Az since The Essence

No reason what so ever to explain why he continues to say he wants to work with both of these artist (both of whom has expressed on several ocassions that theyhave been trying to reach out) and yet nothing has materialized

I for one am tired of hearing him of Salaam Remi instead of Premier or Large Professor

This _ constantly drops the ball
smh.gif
tired.gif

I heard Primo did something during the Jay/Nas beef and Jay thought he sided with Nas hence the lack of Primo on jz sryff

I was about to say the same thing.

Premo can never get outdated... The definition of a classic sound

100% Truth.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I can't speak on Jay, but because Nas is my favorite rapper ever, I'll just go on record to say its because he's a genuwine !#%# up when it comes to music relationship. Charllie is bi-polar or something
smh.gif

No reason what so ever to explain why we haven't had a song with him and Preemo since 2nd Childhood

No reason what so ever to explain why we haven't had a song with Him and Az since The Essence

No reason what so ever to explain why he continues to say he wants to work with both of these artist (both of whom has expressed on several ocassions that they have been trying to reach out) and yet nothing has materialized

I for one am tired of hearing him of Salaam Remi instead of Premier or Large Professor

smh.gif
tired.gif
QFT

Let's even forget about Premo and AZ for a second, if your Nas how do you not ++%% with Large Pro?
eyes.gif

Large Pro was the first real producer that was workin with Nas

Some +$+# I will never understand

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'm convinced it's one of these:

- In real life/studio Premo is an a-hole and/or those dudes who don't work with him ever again or for a long time had a bad experience with dude.(Only thing I have going off this is that he was banging Jeru The Damaja's sister and that's why they stopped working together
laugh.gif
)

- They think that even when the song comes out dope that the beat outshines their lyrics(even if it's just in their head)

- They're stupid..... and they're bad at reaching out to a producer they've basically haven't contacted in a long time.
can't keep doing the same sound every year every album
You say this as if Premo has produced whole albums or the majority of any of these two artists' albums in particular. You say this as if Ol Man Jigga doesn't continually work with Pharrell and Just Blaze, like NaS doesn't ALWAYS have a Salam Remi beat on most of his albums.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

times change...
...... but the beats are still good/great high quality

Then again when was the last time these dudes worked with Pete?
smh.gif

his sound is outdated... they (esp jay) were after commercial success... premo wasnt gone get him no h to the izzo... and nas... well we all kno nas dont like good beats... premo kept lacing him and he got pissed...

I guess you missed those records Premier did for Christina Aguilera. At least one of which was an ENORMOUS mainstream record.

He's in the studio with her now as well. But he'll only do the mainstream thing very selectively. Plus Preme $#$+ with who he wanna $#$+ with. He workswith Big Shug, Blac Poet, NYG's etc. because he WANTS TO, not because he has to.

Cats in here acting like Preme can't make mainstream records when he wants to.....check your facts.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

times fans change...

...from people who were truly into the hip-hop culture to people who also listened to Backstreet Boys.

Let me co-sign this as well.........

I'm f-ing tight I missed Primo @ Fat Beats for record store day last week. I feel terrible now cuz I'm cool with the manager and stay dropping promostuff off....could met a legend....

Salaam production for Nas is straight loathsome. duke sucks...

Luda should've flipped the beats for MVP and I Do It For Hip Hop

yaknowwhatimsayin?

Nas and Preme was on the Scratch Magazine togeather... I guess they were suppose to be doin an album @ the time... I think he explained why they didn'thave the chance to work on his last few albums...

As far as Jay... He's prolly just bein a sucka... But what else is new...

Seymore CAKE wrote:
I can't speak on Jay, but because Nas is my favorite rapper ever, I'll just go on record to say its because he's a genuwine !#%# up when it comes to music relationship. Charllie is bi-polar or something
smh.gif

No reason what so ever to explain why he continues to say he wants to work with both of these artist (both of whom has expressed on several ocassions that they have been trying to reach out) and yet nothing has materialized

smh.gif
tired.gif
salaam is dope when it comes to composed r&b and #%#@ but his rap beats... not so much...

No lie...I must be the only person in the world that thinks Salaam Remi is a dope producer...

Back
Top Bottom