Why I Think This World Should End

I think a lot of ppl think like that if you arent doing anything inspiring in your life.  There is so many great things going on in the world but if you look at TV and internet all day youll think everything is negative.  Because thats most of what they show.

As a society, we are doing way better than we were in the 50s, they were doing way better than the 30s, they were doing way better than the 1850s, etc etc.  This is the 200th Anniversay of the Star Spangled Banner, and that was a poem written by a guy who saw the White House get burned down.

So I never subscribe to all that "what is the world coming to" stuff because thats just a perspective.  Things are going great for a lot of people out here, but they're not on IG or the news or whatever screaming about it from the mountaintop.   The world is doing better than it ever has.  Its just how you look at it.

I think a lot of ppl think like that if you arent doing anything inspiring in your life.  There is so many great things going on in the world but if you look at TV and internet all day youll think everything is negative.  Because thats most of what they show.

As a society, we are doing way better than we were in the 50s, they were doing way better than the 30s, they were doing way better than the 1850s, etc etc.  This is the 200th Anniversay of the Star Spangled Banner, and that was a poem written by a guy who saw the White House get burned down.

So I never subscribe to all that "what is the world coming to" stuff because thats just a perspective.  Things are going great for a lot of people out here, but they're not on IG or the news or whatever screaming about it from the mountaintop.   The world is doing better than it ever has.  Its just how you look at it.
I have to co-sign this statement.

Any concern over Generation Y? Sense of entitlement, want things given not earned. Reliance on technology. Hookup culture permeating the sanctity of relationships.

Thanks, any takeaway?
Theres a lot of a good points in there, this is something that I'm going to send over to my mom actually. Shes always making me watch videos like these, because from time to time "gets worried about the way I think" and how I view the world and people. 

I swear she would high five you for your "Generation Y and how I feel like I'm entitled things" comment. 

I cant speak for the world at large, but I know that I personally need to become more aware of the actions that I'm taking and not slip into some of the pitfalls that were mentioned in this video.

Any concern over Generation Y? Sense of entitlement, want things given not earned. Reliance on technology. Hookup culture permeating the sanctity of relationships.

:rofl: @ hook up culture permeating the sanctity of relationships.

No, my friend. The reason why relationships are in shambles is because the way gender roles are transforming in America. A lot of people like to point at the marriage rate and say things like "Today's youth are not engaging in relationships and getting married" when that couldn't be more false. Look at how women's rights have changed just in the last 60 years. Women who traditionally would get married by 21 are now working on a degree during that time. Divorce allows women to leave relationships they aren't comfortable in, whereas 50 years ago that same woman would be vilified for leaving their husband and children. Dating multiple people is no longer seen as a promiscuous and dirty deed, but rather, healthy.

I could go on about wanting things given and not earned, or the sense of entitlement that we forgot we inherited from the baby boomers, but I won't.

Its simply a different world. The old rules shouldn't apply when the game changes.

Same ol **** dog, just a different day.

AND IT'S BEEN LIKE THAT FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS ON THIS PLANET.

Some bad **** is always happening, if you can't accept that or at least decide to ignore a lot of it you might as well commit that but before you do, donate your body to science.

Tell this dude go sing his sad song somewhere else. Talking about love with no real solutions. Your world is ending, mine is thriving and surviving.

Thanks, any takeaway?
Theres a lot of a good points in there, this is something that I'm going to send over to my mom actually. Shes always making me watch videos like these, because from time to time "gets worried about the way I think" and how I view the world and people. 
Along with the rest of NT
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
If I had a rep I would give it to you. This was gold, A+ work.

Nice vid op 8)

Reminds me of the charlie chaplan great dictator speech

Feels

No, my friend. The reason why relationships are in shambles is because the way gender roles are transforming in America. A lot of people like to point at the marriage rate and say things like "Today's youth are not engaging in relationships and getting married" when that couldn't be more false. Look at how women's rights have changed just in the last 60 years. Women who traditionally would get married by 21 are now working on a degree during that time. Divorce allows women to leave relationships they aren't comfortable in, whereas 50 years ago that same woman would be vilified for leaving their husband and children. Dating multiple people is no longer seen as a promiscuous and dirty deed, but rather, healthy.

I could go on about wanting things given and not earned, or the sense of entitlement that we forgot we inherited from the baby boomers, but I won't.

Its simply a different world. The old rules shouldn't apply when the game changes.
First off, don't scoff at differing perspectives. It makes you seem snobbish and close-minded. We can respectfully discuss and even disagree.

Next, you highlight one factor in relation to the record-high of singles nationwide. Women's liberation and equality is a part of the equation, so is the economy and modern dating culture.

You say: "Today's youth are not engaging in relationships and getting married, (when that couldn't be more false)." That portion of your statement is simply incorrect. 40 years ago, 37% of Americans were single, and now 50.2%.

my $0.02 from not watching the video
The world isnt perfect, never will be. Humans have the desire to be in control, to have the best and most of everything, its innate in us, the way we evolved.
All you can do is try to leave a positive impact on strangers, friends, and family. Be the best you can be, and some of it will rub off on others

The thing with a lot of these videos that bothers me is the amount of cliche topics that's been talked about a million times already, banal/no originality. Like, how many times do I have to hear about technology and disconnected youth.

Meh I think relationships and marriage in a bad way because social media and the internet has made the world a lot smaller. All you used to know was the people in your circle of living. Now, dudes spend the day looking at Drayas and Niykee Heatons on IG, which makes it harder for them to accept and appreciate their solid 7.

Beat me to it.

Thank you for not being an idiot.

The thing with a lot of these videos that bothers me is the amount of cliche topics that's been talked about a million times already, banal/no originality. Like, how many times do I have to hear about technology and disconnected youth.

I never understood this logic, its not like once these things are mentioned they suddenly disappear to never be seen again, these topics get recoiled because they are RELEVANT topics.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This video was horrible, I'm mad I watched half of it.

First of all, I didn't know why dude was trying to speak with some kind of rhythm, was he trying to make a song?
2nd, If it was a song, struggle bars everywhere.
3rd, I don't feel as if even he believed what he was saying.

Overall, this is top 5 worst videos I've seen, EVER.

Back
Top Bottom