[| -- Why in the hell is LA hosting the 2011 All Star Game? I'm confused -- |]

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Back 2004 I don't think they sold all star game tickets to the general public, it seemed to corporate or season ticket holders. I do know the city cleaned out a lot of the homeless around that area. I would like to have gone to an All star Saturday but after last Saturday I would be hessitant
season ticket holders entered a lottery to get the chance to purchase tickets for the all star game back in 2004. only a small percentage of holders got to buy tickets for the actual all star game while the rest were for corporate sponsors and what not.  i got my tickets for everything else except the jam session through my boy who had lakers season tickets at the time.

stern pissed me off in 2004 though because i clearly remember him saying something along the lines of "the all star game isn't meant for casual fans to attend"

i think this year was the only year the general public had legit access to tickets to the actual all star game because of the size of cowboys stadium. now that the game is back to being held in an arena that holds around 18,000 its going to be a mostly corporate crowd once again.

im going to try and make it to the rookie game and dunk contest again next year but i won't spend an arm and a leg to get tickets tho because the players in the rookie game i went to in 2004 > whoever plays in this rookie game.

cause LA is THAT place
smokin.gif

I'll be there, gonna try to make Sat and Sunday. gonna be a fun weekend in LA

I was surprised they chose LA though too lol

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Wake me up when Boston, NYC, or DC hosts All-star weekend.
Sure.

That said, the NBA does need to bring All-Star to the East Coast more often.

You have to also figure in time, the NBA likes to have the ASW stuff during primetime. 5PM eastcoast will be 2PM westcoast.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Thank you.

Dudes in this thread acting like the NBA is doing the ASG so that each city gets it's shine.

Sure that's part of it, but the bottom line is $

I would be mad if i lived in Milwaukee, Memphis, Sacramento, or Portland because most likely theirs no chance in hell the all star game ever goes to those cities.

Hell im suprised Utah and Minnesota got to host the all star game in the David Stern era.

Portland no? that's easily one of the top 3 Arena's/Crowds in the league.

acidicality wrote:
Becuase 50% of NBA "fans" are Laker  Warrior fans.
fixed
pimp.gif

JordansonDeck wrote:
Proximity is key for it being here. The major issue with Dallas was everything was so freakin far apart. for jam session you had to drive, then to the AAC you had to Drive, Cowboy Stadium is in the Boonies and traffic was HORRID. LA with LA Live up now is gonna be awesome.
lalive_map.gif
As you see everything is Central to the Location. Jam Session at Convention Center, Game At Staples, bunch of events at Nokia Plaza. And a 40 Story Hotel all on the same campus. LA is most fit for the NBA.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

What pacmac said is 100% correct

And Jpz most of them citys you posted will never host a all star game again. It was a one shot thing.

all star 03 in the atl>>>>>> any this decade

I think it has to do with profit and location. I think LA is a better location than most to host the All Star game so they will have it there more frequently. It's like Miami hosting the Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I think it has to do with profit and location. I think LA is a better location than most to host the All Star game so they will have it there more frequently. It's like Miami hosting the Super Bowl.
this

cali>all
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

Proximity is key for it being here. The major issue with Dallas was everything was so freakin far apart. for jam session you had to drive, then to the AAC you had to Drive, Cowboy Stadium is in the Boonies and traffic was HORRID. LA with LA Live up now is gonna be awesome.
lalive_map.gif
As you see everything is Central to the Location. Jam Session at Convention Center, Game At Staples, bunch of events at Nokia Plaza. And a 40 Story Hotel all on the same campus. LA is most fit for the NBA.
Going from the Jam Session to the AAC was easy...unless your blind and cant see that the DART RAIL was there ready to take you specifically to the AAC...
As far as the Cowboys Stadium---yeah it was a bit far..but the traffic was not as bad as it has been in the past for Cowboy games..unless you were late to the game..

I would just go for the atmosphere, and to participate in the Jam session.

After this weekend, I would not pay money for All-Star Saturday.

Is it just me, or did the buzz die down as soon as everyone was over the whole Baskeball in a Stadium moment?
There were a lot of empty seats in the 4th quarter.

L.A. will be rocking the whole weekend.

Back
Top Bottom