[| -- Why in the hell is LA hosting the 2011 All Star Game? I'm confused -- |]

i just hope Shannon brown wont be in dunk contest next yr. "DontLetShannonDunk.com"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

The traffic downtown is gonna be crazy
The streets and freeways are gonna be packed
Not to mention the cover at clubs for regular people gonna be real expensive

i mean you act like the National Championship doesn't exist...
I live in Dallas and LA and I go to all star weekend almost every year...The traffic in Dallas was terrible and its going to be even worse in LA.

Like dude said, the traffic and freeways in LA will be crazy and the cover to get in clubs is going to be unreal.

The national championship game was in Pasadena, and to be totally honest outside of Pasadena you could barely tell the game was in town..

I'm more excited about Orlando in 2012 than I am about next year.

People saying Chicago should host it are crazy. Chicago is the WORST city to fly into during the winter

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

I live in Dallas and LA and I go to all star weekend almost every year...The traffic in Dallas was terrible and its going to be even worse in LA.

Like dude said, the traffic and freeways in LA will be crazy and the cover to get in clubs is going to be unreal.

The national championship game was in Pasadena, and to be totally honest outside of Pasadena you could barely tell the game was in town..

People saying Chicago should host it are crazy. Chicago is the WORST city to fly into during the winter

Depends on the week. Chicago is a top 5 market though, and one of the few markets that actually makes its team money. If you are going to hold it in a city where it could be potientally be snowing ,then you can not play games on the Thursday before the game, give TNT a special Wednesday date and make it happen.

15 minutes between the convention center, and the UC and the convention center is close to the parties. People forget we have 2 airports..... and You dont even have to use Ohare...

you guys complain about LA and say nothing about Miami hosting the super bowl twice in three years ?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

you guys complain about LA and say nothing about Miami hosting the super bowl twice in three years ?
eyes.gif

i think the superbowl should always be indoors
grin.gif

you dont want rain to make it a sloppy and boring game

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Depends on the week. Chicago is a top 5 market though, and one of the few markets that actually makes its team money. If you are going to hold it in a city where it could be potientally be snowing ,then you can not play games on the Thursday before the game, give TNT a special Wednesday date and make it happen.

15 minutes between the convention center, and the UC and the convention center is close to the parties. People forget we have 2 airports..... and You dont even have to use Ohare...

I agee w/ what you're saying, but the weather in chicago is awful in feb. Everytime I fly to Chicago in the winter I always get stuck or my flight is delayed for hours.

I'm going to try my best to attend the asg g in LA since I'm moving there at the end of the year
pimp.gif

I love LA, it's the best place in the world for me
smile.gif

Can NY get another allstar game, Hell even Jersey, its never been in Jersey.
LA does not need another one,

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

Can NY get another allstar game, Hell even Jersey, its never been in Jersey.
LA does not need another one,
New Jersey hosted the All-Star Game in 1982.

damn hopefully I can get tickets...

what's the cheapest you think the rookie challenge will be?

new jersey
roll.gif
sick.gif

not even the nets and their 4 wins want to play there, they're goin to BK...why would the 24 best nba players? all the players would be chillin in ny the whole time
laugh.gif

if they doing LA next ASG then the Year after it better be NY if they really trying to bring in revenue. Canada would be a good look also.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

the thing la needs is a better arena..

smh at staples center.

You really think so??

Its 12 years old, I have no problems with it...

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

the thing la needs is a better arena..

smh at staples center.

You really think so??

Its 12 years old, I have no problems with it...

for a city like la, staples center should of been a top 3 arena.

No one has mentioned that LA has two teams. The lakers hosted the 03 asg and now the clippers are getting their shot hahha

Maybe Toronto hosts it when construction is finished on the condos next to the ACC.
That's where I heard the 2012 number a while back. I remember there was some word that Toronto wanted to make a push for it 3. They obviously didn't and started construction. I do remember reading that they planned to finish the condos and then host it since they planned to make the outside between ACC and Condos and add appeal for the all star game to be held here.

That being said, that Doug Smith piece makes more sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom