Why in the world do black ppl call each other the N word?

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

just put it like this a few centuries back blacks were call %%!+$! a word that racist white men,women,children called us...im sure every time a slave or black person heard themselves being called a %%!+$! was hurt....so a couple of centuries and a few decades later we drop the ER make it our word...turn it into something positive that only we can say....Blacks have been doing this for decades now turning something that other racist people see as negative to something positive

so OP shut the hell up
indifferent.gif

OJ Tha Juice Man Voice .......OKKKKKKKKKKKK & Even if we didnt use it... i guarantee while ppl would still use it daily... just like they do now behind ourbacks which i sgree with & i know for a fact it happens everywhere along with....... Oprah: When I met you a few years ago, we discussed our disagreementover the use of the N word and misogynist lyrics in rap music. Do you believe that using the N word is necessary? Jay-Z: Nothing is necessary. It's justbecome part of the way we communicate. My generation hasn't had the same experience with that word that generations of people before us had. We weren'tso close to the pain. So in our way, we disarmed the word. We took the fire pin out of the grenade. which i totally agree with Jay we disarmed the bomb so ofcourse we are gonna play around with it

Honestly, I think it's hypocritical. But who gives a @%*!? It's not gonna change. It's not worth trying to change.

Just live your life the way you see fit. That's all you can do.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Because I can?

laugh.gif
. Like i said only dumb ppl and the uneducated use the term. Peep homeboy's reasoning
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And ignorant people generalize but you probably dont know any better.

ironic yo say that I dont know any better and yet you are an advocate of using the N word
laugh.gif
. Good day, sir

Because I can?

laugh.gif
. Like i said only dumb ppl and the uneducated use the term. Peep homeboy's reasoning
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ironic yo say that I dont know any better and yet you are an advocate of using the N word
laugh.gif
. Good day, sir

WAAAAAAAAA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Your orignal statement only dumb ppl and the uneducated use the term.

[img]http://www.onelittleangel.com/common/images/auteur/Martin_Luther_King_711.jpg[/img]
cornel_west.jpg
Muhammad_Ali_NYWTS.jpg
fred_shuttlesworth.jpg
Among other civil rights leaders use the term in the 40s, 50s, 60s.

You assume people who use the N word are dumb. One word doesnt define someones lexicon. Its a word of choice you dont like it? Dont use it. You dont likesomeone calling you that? Tell them you aint down with it. but how can you generalize someone who uses a word. Thats ignorant as hell. You have a greatevening sir
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

just put it like this a few centuries back blacks were call %%!+$! a word that racist white men,women,children called us...im sure every time a slave or black person heard themselves being called a %%!+$! was hurt....so a couple of centuries and a few decades later we drop the ER make it our word...turn it into something positive that only we can say....Blacks have been doing this for decades now turning something that other racist people see as negative to something positive

so OP shut the hell up
indifferent.gif

OJ Tha Juice Man Voice .......OKKKKKKKKKKKK & Even if we didnt use it... i guarantee while ppl would still use it daily... just like they do now behind our backs which i sgree with & i know for a fact it happens everywhere along with....... Oprah: When I met you a few years ago, we discussed our disagreement over the use of the N word and misogynist lyrics in rap music. Do you believe that using the N word is necessary? Jay-Z: Nothing is necessary. It's just become part of the way we communicate. My generation hasn't had the same experience with that word that generations of people before us had. We weren't so close to the pain. So in our way, we disarmed the word. We took the fire pin out of the grenade. which i totally agree with Jay we disarmed the bomb so of course we are gonna play around with it

Even if we didnt use it... i guarantee while ppl would still use it daily... just like they do now behind our backs which i sgree with & i know for a fact it happens everywhere
You have no idea. I am a white person and I hear the N word used by black people 10,000 times for everytime I have ever heard a white person useit. Do not act like white people run around saying N___ this and N____ that. We dont.

So if Jay Z and a whole new black generation has given the word a new meaning, is it okay for other races to use the N word in that context? I mean if it isnow a positive thing everyone should use it all the time.

Eminem never used the "N" word in a song... did he?
alien.gif

I am a 20 year old African American and i use to "N" word in my language with my peers that are also black.

I can understand from the outside looking in on someone saying i am "ignorant" but i believe the term is just a "racial slur"

it's 2009 and yes Racism defitnely still exist whether its discreet or blatant.. but the "N" word is JUST a slang in hip hip hop/rap culture. itsthe new age "brother" or "dude" for african americans.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Wven if we didnt use it... i guarantee while ppl would still use it daily... just like they do now behind our backs which i sgree with & i know for a fact it happens everywhere
You have no idea. I am a white person and I hear the N word used by black people 10,000 times for everytime I have ever heard a white person use it. Do not act like white people run around saying N___ this and N____ that. We dont.

So if Jay Z and a whole new black generation has given the word a new meaning, is it okay for other races to use the N word in that context? I mean if it is now a positive thing everyone should use it all the time.

Its a free country nobody is stopping you from saying anything.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

I can't stand when Africans come threw and question what American blacks are doing.

This reminds me of a kinda funny yet mostly sad story my dad told me about his experience at work in the airport with Africans...he told this fat African ladythat she would have to buy a second seat because she was too fat to allow the person seated next to her to be comfortable...so after some debate she says tohim "YOU are from the GHETTO! I am from AFRICA!" So my dad (who is on duty at his job at this point, mind you) goes "What? Your whole damncontinent is a ghetto! Go back to the hole you crawled out of." <br><br> When he told me I was
eek.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
all at once.

I am a black individual and i think the usage of the N word is dumb regardless of if your black or not. It doesnt matter. We are the only race of people who calls ourselves a derogatory term. I prefer to use whats good my"brother" rather than the N word. Using the N word just shows how dumb and uneducated you are, seriously
so just because a person use the N word they are dumb and uneducated...yeah sure guy......go to the hood and call one of them guys BROTHER we will see how much of a BROTHER he is to you so i will get beat up for calling someone in your atlanta suburban hood a brother? They prefer me to say " sup N" to them? How backwards is that? I like how you argue my claim that only uneducated ******s only say the N word by asking me to visit your "hood" and ask them to call them my brother. your intelliegence is in question, not only because you cant find a positive word to call your fellow black friend but also because you are a fan of gucci mayne
if my friend does not take offense to the word then its not negative...because hey rather you're willing to accept it or not you are in theminority amongst black people who think using it is negative...the word is apart of our culture and its not going any where..and I'm more than positivethat its far more people who are smarter than you that use the N word

oh wow i did not know that gucci was the only rapper that use the N word wow....jayz does not use the N word he says brother...pac didn't use the N word hesays brother...andre 3000 does not use the N word he says brother.....

before you try to insult me based on what music I listen to or who is in my avy make sure it does not contradict your statement....because IT REALLY SHOWS YOURINTELLIGENCE (<-----THE CORRECT WAY TO SPELL IT ) in your statement

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
the justification for using the word always makes me laugh.

Do you guys really think the struggle that you guys speak of justifies the use of the word? Think about it. Do you think the heralded figures of the Civil Rights movement, such as Martin Luther King and Malcom X, fought so hard to use a word that made them seethe?

Think about it.

The whole "We flipped it!" argument is filled with ignorance.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Bruh MLK used the word religiously my uncle was his right hand man
thats what I'm saying these fools think black folk have been using the N word only for like 20 years or something....the hell out of here black people been saying it

This pretty much ends the thread.

Because I can?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
. Good day, sir

WAAAAAAAAA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Your orignal statement only dumb ppl and the uneducated use the term.

[img]http://www.onelittleangel.com/common/images/auteur/Martin_Luther_King_711.jpg[/img]
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/cornel_west.jpg src="http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/cornel_west.jpg">
http://upload.wikimedia.o...9/Muhammad_Ali_NYWTS.jpg src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Muhammad_Ali_NYWTS.jpg" width=466>
http://www.whoswhopublish...s/fred_shuttlesworth.jpg src="http://www.whoswhopublishing.com/sections/tribute_videos/images/fred_shuttlesworth.jpg"> Among other civil rights leaders use the term in the 40s, 50s, 60s. Just cause they use a word that was use in a n

You assume people who use the N word are dumb. One word doesnt define someones lexicon. Its a word of choice you dont like it? Dont use it. You dont like someone calling you that? Tell them you aint down with it. but how can you generalize someone who uses a word. Thats ignorant as hell. You have a great evening sir
happy.gif

This does too.

J Dilla himself FTL. Aren't you the dude who made a thread saying MF Doom is greatest rapper ever? That's neither here nor there but way to habituallyfail.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Eminem never used the "N" word in a song... did he?
alien.gif
I'm not going to post the vid and get banned so go to youtube and type in *.I.G.G.A (It's a song title, please don't ban me.)
smile.gif
You shoul know what the first letter is. I'm not getting banned toprove a point.

Dudes acting like MLK is god. Sure hes an icon for people of all colors. But using the N word just because MLK did still doesnt make it RIGHT. Using the N wordmay not exactly mean you are uneducated but you cant say it doesnt make you appear/sound uneducated

Dudes acting like MLK is god. But using the N word just because MLK did still doesnt make it RIGHT.
NO. They were simply responding to this statement
Do you think the heralded figures of the Civil Rights movement, such as Martin Luther King and Malcom X, fought so hard to use a word that made them seethe?
And I see you retracted your statement about people saying the N word are uneducated.
laugh.gif
What? You don't stand by your statements? You basically called MLKuneducated or stupid whichever you like. Am I right?

Originally Posted by Ricasho

Hold up hold hold up. So if I called you a Dumb F***, you could turn that around and make that statement into a positive one? People remember the oringinal conotation of the word and always will. That flipping stuff does not exist. Im sure your grandparents or any elder black person or white person knows what I'm talking about. The word has not been devalued, its actually been made stronger and is mentally raping the youth of all races because other races think its fine to use it since black peopler use it on themsleves. Most african americans I've seen get mad or offended when a white person uses it, but its fine when tayquan or shameka or labanisha or one of those crazy names for black people use it. Its just so backward.
frown.gif
What about girls calling each other the B word nowadays like its friendly.

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Dudes acting like MLK is god. But using the N word just because MLK did still doesnt make it RIGHT.
Do you think the heralded figures of the Civil Rights movement, such as Martin Luther King and Malcom X, fought so hard to use a word that made them seethe?
And I see you retracted your statement about people saying the N word are uneducated.
laugh.gif
What? You don't stand by your statements? You basically called MLK uneducated or stupid whichever you like. Am I right?

lol responding with the ol straw man arguement, shutup! If using the N Word isnt so bad then let me see you say it in an interview. Come up to any level headedblack man and call him a N. Step your vocabulary game up. Grown @#* men using the N Word is tasteless. I bet you one of those dudes who would get mad at otherraces using the term and wonder why.

Because I can?

laugh.gif
. Like i said only dumb ppl and the uneducated use the term.
This is just not true.

IF you don't like the word fine.......but don't generalize an entire group of people that uses it. It just makes you sound as ignorant as the peopleyou claim who use it are.

I'm not one to come in here in judge, but for myself, I have started to notice that since I read "Race Matters" by Dr. Cornel West (who, likeMLK, used the term not as a term of endearment which is a common misconception) I've started addressing my friends as "dude"; i.e."What's up my dude?"

I will be lying to say that I don't still drop the n-bomb, but when I do, its usually when I'm addressing someone who is acting nigardly.

Just my $0.02

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

laugh.gif
What? You don't stand by your statements? You basically called MLK uneducated or stupid whichever you like. Am I right?

lol responding with the ol straw man arguement, shutup! If using the N Word isnt so bad then let me see you say it in an interview. Come up to any level headed black man and call him a N. Step your vocabulary game up. Grown @#* men using the N Word is tasteless. I bet you one of those dudes who would get mad at other races using the term and wonder why.

You blatantly contradicted yourself.
Your words no longer have any credibility.
You don't even know how to debate.
Who are you to deem what's educated and what isn't?

Back
Top Bottom