Why is Cam Newton hated so much?

Dog, they called Richard Sherman a thug...as well as countless others. When you're black, embrace it, are confident and outspoken....certain white people view you as a thug for whatever reason. It's f'd up...but it's reality.

Most black athletes are viewed as "overpaid thugs" by some white people. NBA players get in a scuffle.....look at those thugs. Baseball/Hockey/Nascar players fight. Boys will be boys. They are "tough" and "hard nosed".

Read the ESPN thread from the Blake Griffin/trainer story. Damn near every white person that commented called Blake a thug :lol:
Being called a thug is better than what most people think of Blake and his pansy teammates

I honestly think white people hate Cam not because of him overly celebrating, it's because he's dabbing. They probably see this as another ghetto-rapper's dance that reminds them about the current mainstream hip hop culture. Then there's people like me that thinks it's corny.

Last edited:
I honestly think white people hate Cam not because of him overly celebrating, it's because he's dapping. They probably see this as another ghetto-rapper's dance that reminds them about the current mainstream hip hop culture. Then there's people like me that thinks it's corny.
laugh.gif
 Keep these posts coming, man.

Last edited:
I honestly think white people hate Cam not because of him overly celebrating, it's because he's dapping. They probably see this as another ghetto-rapper's dance that reminds them about the current mainstream hip hop culture. Then there's people like me that thinks it's corny.

:rofl:

U basically said how u feel and said that's how the white people feel. Like I said, it's so much more respectable to just say u don't like this or that. People that try to point out irrelevant reasons just say I don't like him. I do t like Peyton, never have, never will, idk why idc why f him.

U basically said how u feel and said that's how the white people feel. Like I said, it's so much more respectable to just say u don't like this or that. People that try to point out irrelevant reasons just say I don't like him. I do t like Peyton, never have, never will, idk why idc why f him.
No I stated that white people hate him because they associate the dance with the disdain they have towards rap and I just think him dabbing is corny. I never stated that I disliked him, he's one of my favorite QBs.

No I stated that white people hate him because they associate the dance with the disdain they have towards rap and I just think him dabbing is corny. I never stated that I disliked him, he's one of my favorite QBs.
agreed somewhat . i think all the dudes that dance around that i already mentioned  are corny tho. doesnt mean i hate them cause of it.   i think when curry does that salsa dance its corny as hell but i love curry .  just think his dancing is corny. why these dudes trying to say something else or make it something more then that is beyond my comprehension. 

Last edited:
Where there's smoke there's fire. We arent the only ones having this discussion. We've seen this story over and over and over again.

Are there white people that dislike cam solely because of his dancing? Im sure there are. Im sure there are black, white, red, green, blue, whatever people that dislike him for dancing. Is there also an overwhelming amount of people that dislike cam for reasons rooted in prejudices? You can tell yourself all day long that there isnt but youd be lying to yourself

Last edited:
Where there's smoke there's fire. We arent the only ones having this discussion. We've seen this story over and over and over again.

Are there white people that dislike cam solely because of his dancing? Im sure there are. Im sure there are black, white, red, green, blue, whatever people that dislike him for dancing. Is there also an overwhelming amount of people that dislike cam for reasons rooted in prejudices? You can tell yourself all day long that there isnt but youd be lying to yourself
Around my area, it's all love for him from all walks of life, I think because he remind everyone of what Kaep could have been. But, I do agree with you in the fact that there will always be a sizeable portion of white people that would hate on any black man successfully dominating, especially if expressed how happy he which is probably like salt on the wound for them. In that respect, I hope he celebrates his *** off.

Last edited:
He gettin that Richard Sherman/Desean Jackson criticism where everything he does on and off the field gets blown out of proportion. Surprised they haven'e called him a "thug" like they did Sherm the year we won the ship. Side note don't ever remember Chad Johnson catching flack over his TD dances.

people have no good reason to hate him. dude is a stand up guy who stays out of trouble. they want everyone to be a cookie cutter people-pleaser by not celebrating but cam got too much swagger for them haters to dissuade him

Because he's the antithesis of Peyton Manning.

He's like a modern-day Ali, but just not on a social scale.

I need this dude to destroy the Broncos and continue to piss off people for being himself.
Black Peyton has spoken. 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Come on man? Why are we even asking this question? It's the same reason why LeBron/Iverson, etc. got hated on. When a Black Athlete becomes an Icon, the media starts filling in stories and opinions that get people to be sanctimonious towards them. Nothing is ever enough when they are playing, and when they retire, they want to tell you how amazing they were. 

**** outta here. Let them boys be great. "You should idolize Nas in the flesh, don't wait till I'm dead, to say I was the best."

Last edited:
Does steph get the hate as well? I live in the bay, so everything from his shimmying and celebrating after each shot and everything he does is appreciated. I assume the media in carolina loves cam, right?

Cam is gonna be like brady and peyton if he continues to win. Kid is so marketable

Last edited:
Alicia Jessop ‏@RulingSports 1h1 hour ago

One major media difference I can see in Cam Newton coverage: The guy gets slammed for his end zone dances, while Monmouth Bench is praised.

Yup.

The contrast is real. Someone alluded to hockey fights compared to say an NBA fight. I see the similarities, double standards are in front of us but somehow we just keep the status quo

Hockey culture is the worst, I remember there was outrage over a someone celebrating too much when scoring a game winning goal

The contrast is real. Someone alluded to hockey fights compared to say an NBA fight. I see the similarities, double standards are in front of us but somehow we just keep the status quo

Many differences between hockey and NBA fights. Any plenty of hockey incidents have gotten really negative press

His dancing is annoying! It's like ok, we get it already! Other than that, I have no problem with him.

Didn't even know he was so despised but I'm still trying to figure out was he this good all the prior seasons or hell last season or was this some type of sudden change? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Prior to this season, whenever I heard his name it was followed by some mistake on the field.

Dude is kind of corny especially with all the dancing and dabbing esp when its origin comes from blowing trees, smh

Back
Top Bottom