Why is Father's Day such a bitter holiday?

I see both sides, but it almost makes me feel guilty or like I'm bragging if I post something about my pops being great though...I know several people whose moms are deadbeats and they don't take time to bash mothers on Mother's Day like sooooo many people do on Father's Day

This, this, this!

Father's Day was cool with me until dec 2011, the month my father died suddenly. Damn I miss that dude every single day.

Post reminds me of this time last year...

Was smashing a chick with a kid...was hitting from May until about the end of June 2012. 

She sends a text on Father's day talking bout I know you're not a father but this time next year you will be a father because I'm going to have your child. 

***** please.

>D

Cut her off quick. 
How were the yambs?

Had to be mediocre

Ain't eem mad that my dad wasn't in my life.  Made room for the greatest father figure I could have ever asked for: 

View media item 454171
real.

Post reminds me of this time last year...

Was smashing a chick with a kid...was hitting from May until about the end of June 2012. 

She sends a text on Father's day talking bout I know you're not a father but this time next year you will be a father because I'm going to have your child. 

***** please.

grin.gif

Cut her off quick. 

Last edited:
My Father's Day is the same like every year

1. No call from child
2. No call from girlfriend( probably with her baby daddy )
3. Get drunk and high
4. Strip club
5. Sleep

My Father's Day is the same like every year

1. No call from child
2. No call from girlfriend( probably with her baby daddy )
3. Get drunk and high
4. Strip club
5. Sleep

Aside from the part about not hearing from your seed.....

That sounds like a fantastic day.

laugh.gif
 @ the self entitlement. "Happy Fathers day to me"

My pops has always been good to me, so I wont be participating in those shenanigans

How do you say happy father's day when you're dad did something that's unacceptable two days before?

This is my dilemma.

I'm not even going to acknowledge father's day this year.

Hate father's day. Gotta go visit all my kids and then when it's time to leave they try to guilt you by asking "why don't you visit us that often, please come to my school play/kindergarten graduation, and hella other ****."

Hate father's day. Gotta go visit all my kids and then when it's time to leave they try to guilt you by asking "why don't you visit us that often, please come to my school play/kindergarten graduation, and hella other ****."
Why don't you love them man?

As someone whose dad has always been around, it's disrespectful to my dad and all real fathers when women take credit for both.  No woman could do what my dad did.  It irritates me when the role of a father is discredited because of a couple of deadbeats or bitter women.

It would be frowned upon if atheists shouted "Jesus wasn't ****" on Christmas or someone said "A vet never did anything for me" on Memorial or Veteran's Day, so people crapping on Father's Day should be equally frowned upon.

Last edited:

That's your duty as a parent.

:smh:

The single mother's of our generation aren't the thoughtful women of the past (regardless of marital status).  My grandmother ended up a single mother but she never let her children or grandchildren think it was cool.  Even though she wasn't with my grandfather she made sure my father knew who he was and that they had some sort of relationship.  She also never took credit for raising my dad and aunts as mother and father.  I chuckle a bit whenever she calls the women of our generation "full of disgusting behaviours."

Back
Top Bottom