Why is Father's Day such a bitter holiday?

Hate father's day. Gotta go visit all my kids and then when it's time to leave they try to guilt you by asking "why don't you visit us that often, please come to my school play/kindergarten graduation, and hella other ****."

Don't know if your for realio.......but your attitude is what helps keep our state pen/county walls full...

Gotta step it up my bruh!!

YO!

Nah that's the thing...
pimp.gif

Really the best p I had last year. 

I'm guessing some other scrub told her that, for her to believe she could make such outrageous proclamations.

But on the real. Ok, your daddy wasn't ****. If you don't have a NOT ONE father figure to celebrate on Father's Day, then sadly, your mama ain't **** either.

DF!!!

Bump all that. I love Father's Day. Got this plus a homemade trophy

View media item 456213

That is ******g dope!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

If I had kids and they did that for me, I'd be souped :lol:

Anyways, back to the subject. like somebody said earlier, no single dad goes off on Mother's Day the same way single moms go off on Father's Day. That sense of entitlement is ******ed :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
if you don't get it you don't get it. i see how you may see those posts as "corny" but you're judging a situation you don't really know about. there are a lot of mothers out there who do play both roles and if that's how they pat themselves on the back more power to them.

There are a lot of fathers out there playing both roles too, but no one gives a **** about them.

There are a lot of fathers out there playing both roles too, but no one gives a **** about them.

Exactly. It's selfish. As a single father, I wouldn't even want to be recognized on Mother's Day because I feel it would be a slap in the face to mothers as a whole.

Same way its disrespectful when single mothers thing they should be applauded tomorrow because they want attention. If they made better decisions in regards to who they opened their legs for they most likely wouldn't be single mothers to begin with.

Those of us who have or had real fathers understand what the day is all about. Those of us who only had a mother may feel different IMO JUST BREAK THE CYCLE
wink.gif

How do you say happy father's day when you're dad did something that's unacceptable two days before?
This is my dilemma.
I'm not even going to acknowledge father's day this year.
What happened?

pops passed away from cancer this February. starting to finally sink in:\
sorry to hear . may he rest in peace.

Personally I hate all of these days. We should incorporate appreciating mother father and all family every single day. Eff this once day a year on thanksgiving IMA love my FAM attitude.

Asked this piece I like at work if she was working tomorrow. She then tells me yeah and it sucks she cant see her dad because he's old and dying. I felt super bad for her. I knew her pops was old but not dying. I don't talk to my dad though. He's a foul guy.

There is a lot of angry feelings and resentment I still have towards my father. But I did wish him a happy fathers day. I don't know why. Maybe because some part of me wants to forgive him, and growing older I realize he did make mistakes, albeit huge ones. As I mature I understand he's just a man. And men tend to think irrationally at times. And maybe he didn't have a great father , but that's no excuse for the way he treated me at times.

That being said. I will be the most amazing father of all time.

There is a lot of angry feelings and resentment I still have towards my father. But I did wish him a happy fathers day. I don't know why. Maybe because some part of me wants to forgive him, and growing older I realize he did make mistakes, albeit huge ones. As I mature I understand he's just a man. And men tend to think irrationally at times. And maybe he didn't have a great father , but that's no excuse for the way he treated me at times.
I feel the same exact way.... He actually reached out to me on FB a few mounts ago but I haven't responded or called him back yet... I'm not sure what to do???

That being said. I will be the most amazing father of all time.

There's 364 other days in the year they can complain about their situation imo

Those are the same 364 days of the year you can go buy your dad a grill, take him to his favorite restaurant, or whatever else it is you do with your dad on fathers day. Quit being a hypocrite. Fathers day isn't a celebration for everyone just cause it is for you and your pops.

Those are the same 364 days of the year you can go buy your dad a grill, take him to his favorite restaurant, or whatever else it is you do with your dad on fathers day. Quit being a hypocrite. Fathers day isn't a celebration for everyone just cause it is for you and your pops.
are you serious?

364 days outta the year and you feel on the ONE day that's for the pops, it's completely justified to crap on their own dads?

That's wack.. Straight up...

Nobody says this about mothers day.

You just have to do what your heart feels is right. It sounds corny , but just make sure you won't have any regrets with the path you choose to take with the relationship. If you have a lot of pent up emotions maybe it would be good to finally discuss them.

Its really all in your hands, in your court.

i know a mom that has two raise two separate kids because both of the "dads" were dead beats and her instagram photo was her drinking a beer saying happy fathers day to me. A single parent in that situation has to be both mom/dad which sucks for the kids.

How do you say happy father's day when you're dad did something that's unacceptable two days before?
This is my dilemma.
What happened?
pops passed away from cancer this February. starting to finally sink in:\
sorry to hear . may he rest in peace.

Personally I hate all of these days. We should incorporate appreciating mother father and all family every single day. Eff this once day a year on thanksgiving IMA love my FAM attitude.
thanks fam i appreciate it. I also agree with you. It baffles me know some people only show their "appreciation" to certain others only when holidays come around. to each their own

Last edited:
I love my dad. The amount of *******s bashing their poor decisions (sleepin with a dude who they knew wasn't about nothin) is makin me salty. :smh:

This is my dilemma.

Was pops banging your GF?

Back
Top Bottom