Why is Jimmy Fallon so bad?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Fallon was horrible even on SNL.

Only reason I'm watching right now is because:

a) having trouble sleeping
b) The Roots
c) Anne Hathaway's legs.
I thought he was okay on most skits...but that he was exceptional on Weekend Update.

I'm betting that studio execs thought the same way. He'll get better. His writing team needs time to gel and find what works for them.

* laughs ubcontrollably and pounds the desk*

I hate when son does that...his mannerisms are annoying. Dude is reaching Magic Johnson/Arsenio Hall status.....

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Only thing that's funny to me is the 7th Floor West shorts. Is The Hills really 30 mins of that, is it really like that ?
laugh.gif

E's The Soup stay having jokes on the Hills' bad acting
laugh.gif
The dude on The Soup is HILARIOUS. He would be a great late night host.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

It's not as easy as it looks. It takes time to get comfortable and develop your own style.

Conan was just as nervous and NBC was considering canceling his show.

Just give him a chance.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

I hate the roots as a late night band. It makes me think they can't get a decent gig
I always wondered how they managed to get The Roots as a house band.

My guess is that they're going to get a new house band every season. I can't see any decent band locking up a long-term deal to do a late night showexclusively.

i hate when he pounds the desk haha. And he never knows what to say. A bad interviewer and you can tell hes reading the prompter. That being said, he willadjust. Give him a year or two and see what he makes of it. But right now, I can't stand him. He needs to keep the good guests coming....

This is more apparent with Conan's 1st show tonight.
eek.gif
@ Fallon and howbad this show really is, it's gonna be ruff for dude. I never really remembered him on SNL. I liked his Barry Gibbs skit cuz of the voice can't thinkof many other shh he was in. I basically remember him for trying to hold back all of his laughing throughout the Cowbell skit
indifferent.gif

He really has this nervous, searching for acceptance "Is this funny?" type of thing about him. It's really pathetic like he expects to get booedat any moment. He's lucky he's a nice guy and has gotten the pity of celebs to show up and help from his SNL friends.

It's gonna be Conan-Kimmel to Craig for a while till the show gets canceled and someone really funny gets the late night slot. Hell, the freedom and newformat Carson gets makes his show better than Jimmy's
laugh.gif

I don't think the show is that bad or going to get canceled. I don't know if a lot of board members on here remember, but Conan was exactly like JimmyFallon for about the first 4 or 5 years. He was nervous, random, and his show didn't flow well. After Andy Richter left, Late Night got better imo. I thinkFallon needs another couple years before the show will be labeled a success or failure.

I almost feel bad for Jimmy.

On another note, I don't know his name, but who is that announcer dude on the sideline? I don't really like him..
ohwell.gif

finally, i was startin to think i was the only one who hated this guy, u can't get any cornier than this guy, really, he is ruinin late night TV singlehandedly, thank GOD for Conan n JK

Originally Posted by Master Zik

He really has this nervous, searching for acceptance "Is this funny?" type of thing about him. It's really pathetic like he expects to get booed at any moment.
He bails out of his jokes so quick
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

It's not as easy as it looks. It takes time to get comfortable and develop your own style.

Conan was just as nervous and NBC was considering canceling his show.

Just give him a chance.
While I do agree that watching him I feel bad for him, sometimes thinking to myself "Did he really just do/say that?"

I feel that eventually he will find what works, and what doesn't for him.

Conan was bad at first because he never once performed in front of an audience prior to his taping, but he always had something about him that made him funny.Dude came from writing simpsons so comedy is natural for him. Fallon IMO is dialogue funny on SNL, he doesnt have the personality to be on TV, his act istiring, and I cringe every time I watch him.

finally, i was startin to think i was the only one who hated this guy, u can't get any cornier than this guy, really, he is ruinin late night TV singlehandedly, thank GOD for Conan n JK

He's funny sometimes but not all the time to me. I really like Jimmy Kimmel he's like naturally funny.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

He's funny sometimes but not all the time to me. I really like Jimmy Kimmel he's like naturally funny.
Kimmel sucked at first too. I'm not meaning to pick a fight with you or anything, I just want to point out that a lot of these guys takeawhile to hit their stride.

Some of you guys are way too harsh. These things take time.

Fallon's got lots of internal backing (most important of which is Lorne Michaels) and I'm sure he'll be given at least a few years to find hisfooting. Conan's going to be a better lead-in for Fallon too (their viewers skew younger). Anyways, he's merely had a few months. Give it a coupleyears. He's gotta find his style.

Back
Top Bottom