Why is suicide looked down upon?

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

tired.gif
Ummm am I the only one who noticed he bumped this thread the same time he made this thread http://niketalk.com/topic/292268/Feeling-lower-than-low my dude you need to talk to someone ASAP and don't do anything brash

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

There are a lot of immature answers in this thread. "it's never that bad," "it's the coward's way out," "it's the easy way out," "it's selfish"..
How can you guys be so sure of any of these things? Sometimes, for some people, it is that bad, or at least they perceive it to be. Can you imagine what it feels like to want to commit suicide? The feeling that the life you are living is actually unbearable..? I am sure it is not some sort of "easy way" to anything. Sure, it may be kinda selfish to absolutely disregard your relationships with others, but what's more selfish than somebody asking you to live for him/her? Suicide is frowned upon because a lot of people are affected by it (meaning, one's family friends, classmates, etc.). It should not be looked down upon because it is some alternative to a honorable death (that's just ridiculous).

how are those immature answers? there are homeless people on the street who would rather beg for food and money than to say "screw it, let me commit suicide" but it's the rich guy who loses his money or the kid who gets made fun of at shool that want to commit suicide.

There are a lot of immature answers in this thread. "it's never that bad," "it's the coward's way out," "it's the easy way out," "it's selfish"..
How can you guys be so sure of any of these things? Sometimes, for some people, it is that bad, or at least they perceive it to be. Can you imagine what it feels like to want to commit suicide? The feeling that the life you are living is actually unbearable..? I am sure it is not some sort of "easy way" to anything. Sure, it may be kinda selfish to absolutely disregard your relationships with others, but what's more selfish than somebody asking you to live for him/her? Suicide is frowned upon because a lot of people are affected by it (meaning, one's family friends, classmates, etc.). It should not be looked down upon because it is some alternative to a honorable death (that's just ridiculous).

how are those immature answers? there are homeless people on the street who would rather beg for food and money than to say "screw it, let me commit suicide" but it's the rich guy who loses his money or the kid who gets made fun of at shool that want to commit suicide.

MisterP0315 wrote:

Rolaholic wrote:

TruthGetsBusy wrote:

grin.gif
 que? So somebody who is miserable and fed up with life should go through weeks of basic training and more.  Then go to war with the sole purpose of being shot or blown up? Stop that.

I mean instead of just killing yourself that why not die for a cause of some sort? Didn't really know how to word it
grin.gif

I understand the point Rolaholic was trying to make...kind of.
laugh.gif

I somewhat feel the same way about people who are sentenced to life in jail. Put them to use in some way instead of sitting around as we spend tax dollars to feed them.

I can't dig it.  The point of suicide is to stop living, not die.  If that makes sense. 

Now a religious suicide bomber...his reason is to die for a cause.  Its a whole different mindset.

MisterP0315 wrote:

Rolaholic wrote:

TruthGetsBusy wrote:

grin.gif
 que? So somebody who is miserable and fed up with life should go through weeks of basic training and more.  Then go to war with the sole purpose of being shot or blown up? Stop that.

I mean instead of just killing yourself that why not die for a cause of some sort? Didn't really know how to word it
grin.gif

I understand the point Rolaholic was trying to make...kind of.
laugh.gif

I somewhat feel the same way about people who are sentenced to life in jail. Put them to use in some way instead of sitting around as we spend tax dollars to feed them.

I can't dig it.  The point of suicide is to stop living, not die.  If that makes sense. 

Now a religious suicide bomber...his reason is to die for a cause.  Its a whole different mindset.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Those are immature answers because they illustrate a total lack of understanding as to why people commit suicide.

Also, what is your example supposed to illustrate? Suicidal tendencies can be reduced to socioeconomic status? Are you implying that poor people should want to kill themselves, whereas people with more money should never have any reason to feel like they need to end their life?

Those are immature answers because they illustrate a total lack of understanding as to why people commit suicide.

Also, what is your example supposed to illustrate? Suicidal tendencies can be reduced to socioeconomic status? Are you implying that poor people should want to kill themselves, whereas people with more money should never have any reason to feel like they need to end their life?

I knew this thread would pop up after the incest thread
laugh.gif

"Ima call u a coward, if u alive, and u suicidal"

I knew this thread would pop up after the incest thread
laugh.gif

"Ima call u a coward, if u alive, and u suicidal"

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by Club29

People love you whether you want to realize it or not.

Suicide hurts them more than you would ever know.

Thats why.

What is more selfish then making someone endure the pain of living just because YOU want them alive?

2 very good points...but op since u didnt ask to be here i wont ask u to stay, off yo self homie
^ Agree
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Thats why.

What is more selfish then making someone endure the pain of living just because YOU want them alive?

2 very good points...but op since u didnt ask to be here i wont ask u to stay, off yo self homie
^ Agree
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AC4Three

kind of but not entirely. like i said the guy who gets bullied at school or is depressed has nothing to do with socioeconomic status. suicide is selfish to the people who love them. do you feel it's ok for someone to kill themself?

kind of but not entirely. like i said the guy who gets bullied at school or is depressed has nothing to do with socioeconomic status. suicide is selfish to the people who love them. do you feel it's ok for someone to kill themself?

Thats why.

Fair enough.

But it does stand to reason that it's your life (and death) to make your own.

Thats why.

Fair enough.

But it does stand to reason that it's your life (and death) to make your own.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

I guess because it's an easy and selfish way out. Most of the time they have a lot of people who love and care for them. It affects the people they leave behind more than they will ever know.

This. Though it may not always seem like it, the imagine a loved one or friend committing suicide and the amount of hurt you would endure as a result of that. I've lost friends that I haven't talked to in years and it still hurts just the same. Times are tough, everyone goes through rough patches and suicide is just a cop out of having to deal with life.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

I guess because it's an easy and selfish way out. Most of the time they have a lot of people who love and care for them. It affects the people they leave behind more than they will ever know.

This. Though it may not always seem like it, the imagine a loved one or friend committing suicide and the amount of hurt you would endure as a result of that. I've lost friends that I haven't talked to in years and it still hurts just the same. Times are tough, everyone goes through rough patches and suicide is just a cop out of having to deal with life.

Not at all, but I am sympathetic to their situation. Depression is an illness and they need treatment to overcome it.

Not at all, but I am sympathetic to their situation. Depression is an illness and they need treatment to overcome it.

I don't look down on suicide. Samurai's didn't look down on suicide. It's your life. It's your Universe. Who knows, maybe it IS the solution to something better. BUT, if you can commit suicide without caring about the detriment it will do to the people that love you, because people DO love you, then I have no respect for that. I once tried to commit suicide and batched it. I took that as a sign not to. So many years later, I confessed it to my stepmom. And she started crying, and explained to me that not only would she have lost a son, but that she would have lost her husband too, my father. It wasn't until then, that I understood how suicide can be compared to homicide.

The next time I try to commit suicide it will be in a dramatic and comedic fashion, so that the people who do know me (as in they know I would do something stupid like that), will know that I was at peace. I plan on dying by my own hands as a means of self respect, and maybe even because I'm a control freak.
laugh.gif
But NOT until I've lived life to the fullest, and understand EVERYTHING that I am leaving behind, from the heavens to the hells on earth.
pimp.gif

Live life.

I don't look down on suicide. Samurai's didn't look down on suicide. It's your life. It's your Universe. Who knows, maybe it IS the solution to something better. BUT, if you can commit suicide without caring about the detriment it will do to the people that love you, because people DO love you, then I have no respect for that. I once tried to commit suicide and batched it. I took that as a sign not to. So many years later, I confessed it to my stepmom. And she started crying, and explained to me that not only would she have lost a son, but that she would have lost her husband too, my father. It wasn't until then, that I understood how suicide can be compared to homicide.

The next time I try to commit suicide it will be in a dramatic and comedic fashion, so that the people who do know me (as in they know I would do something stupid like that), will know that I was at peace. I plan on dying by my own hands as a means of self respect, and maybe even because I'm a control freak.
laugh.gif
But NOT until I've lived life to the fullest, and understand EVERYTHING that I am leaving behind, from the heavens to the hells on earth.
pimp.gif

Live life.

because lifes hard you cant deal with it and you taking the easy way out?
bruh man up

even if your forever alone theres still way too many people that love and care about you

Back
Top Bottom